BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Correct.

It could have resurfaced but it's more likely an old link - and a player's agent trying to spark a bit of interest.

He has not been the star turn that many thought he would be...plus there was the Carlos Villanueva experience when the chap was just a bit too small and slow for what Sam wants.

Fear not, things are moving on another front...the first 11 o'clocker of the season tonight if I am still awake. It's NOT the striker and please don't ask or PM because I'm going to be a but busy today.

is the 11 o'clocker going to be rovers related????

I like, considering the budget:

Forwards

Felipe Caicedo

Carlos Vela

Federico Macheda

Peter Lovenkrands

Midfielders

Tuncay

Stéphane Mbia

Modeste M'bami

I'd sell RSC, Derbyshire and McCarthy to finance as many of the above as I could get my hands on. Does anyone know how much they, and Villanueva, Tugay, Mokoena, Oijier and other recently cut members cost us weekly, and so how much we have available to spend on wages?

Comes to something when Lovenkrands is an upgrade on our current left winger.

I love PL and always will, but he's nowhere near what he was and almost as frustrating as MGP.

Guest benmaxwell

At a guess i would say:

RSC - £30,000-£35,000, Derbyshire - £15,000-£20,000, McCarthy - £30,000-£35,000, Villanueva - £15,000-£20,000, Tugay - £20,000-£25,000, Mokoena - £20,000 - £25,000 and Ooijer - £20,000 - £25,000

To the above poster, apon reflection of the stats from the season. Gamst may appear laclastre this season gone, but he got himself 8 assists, only 1 less then the likes of Ashley Young and 2 less then Steven Gerrard...

At a guess i would say:

RSC - £30,000-£35,000, Derbyshire - £15,000-£20,000, McCarthy - £30,000-£35,000, Villanueva - £15,000-£20,000, Tugay - £20,000-£25,000, Mokoena - £20,000 - £25,000 and Ooijer - £20,000 - £25,000

RSC is probably on more than that, with the new contract he got this summer. The estimate for Villanueva might be a bit on the high side, and Benni might be on up to £40k.

Then again, only guesswork from me as well so I could be even more wrong ;)

Guest benmaxwell
Strikers Burnley have been recently (within the last year) been linked with and knocked back:

Alan Gow

Alan Gow is a most oftenly used as a midfielder... Think the guy Nicko is on about is an out and out striker, one who could possibly raise our profile as it were...

• Backroom

Most of these players, whilst having potential, aren't as good as Zaki or Kuranyi. Mostly unproven youngsters. Either Nicko was overzealous in his evaluation of the player or it's somebody else.

• Backroom

Lovenkrands would be a poor, poor signing. He'd find his level in the Championship, but definately not Premier League material for anyone other than a bottom three club.

What about? The weather?

Stunned at the level of interest in this guy.

I still haven't recovered.

I'm thinking it's Scott Sinclair. Think he's a real talent and could definitely add some pace to our attacking options.

Sinclair linked to Burnley

Would also fit in with the 'wanted by Coyle' link.

He's one of the ones on my wish list, he'd cover both LW and ST and god damm is he quick, needs games otherwise he'll just dissappear.

I cannot believe anyone is accutually questioning Dos Santos as a player, I'd have him here in a shot, quick, great feet, and young.

Archived