BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Barcelona sold him for upwards of £8 million with a 20% clause attached to him.

I think you'll find that Dos Santos was sold first and then Ronaldinho.

So you have a front line of Henry, Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o, Bojan, Gudjohnsen and Dos Santos, it is no disgrace not to get into the first 11 for them.

Henry played 17 games in his first season scoring 10 league goals, interestinlgy enough he failed to score in his first 8 games- that is the total number of games played by Dos Santos.

I can guarrantee one thing, if not England, then one of the top leagues but Dos Santos will be a top player, he has too much quality not to.

You can't compare him to Henry, he's a proven goalscorer in the best league in the world. Dos Santos has done nothing to prove he is worth a place in the Rovers team, any premiership team for that matter. I'm sure you'd agree with me on that won't you?

Ronaldinho was falling out of love with Barcelona, he had issues with his weight and was under immense pressure to perform at his best constantly. If Barca knew they were going to sell him, they would have kept hold of Dos Santos or added some sort of buy-back clause (like United have with Pique), but they didn't. They are keeping hold of Bojan, as they obviously rate him more than Dos Santos.

What has he done to earn any right to play in the best division in the world? Nothing.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't doubt Coyle's judgement of a player,especially a striker. The fact that Coyle thought he may have been prepared to play in a lower league doesn't say a lot about the guys standing though.

My thoughts as well. I really don't get who could be better than Kuranyi who Burnley think they would have a chance of getting. Can't wait until this is out in the open and the name is revealed.

Federico Macheda anyone? ;) I would rather him than Wellbeck.

The 43% scoring record he has for club and country? :unsure:

Goal scoring records mean nothing though. Look at Alves, he had a brilliant scoring record, did nothing in the PL this season. Look at Roque, didn't have the best scoring records in the Bundesliga, but played exceptionally well in his first season.

Based on what? :wacko:

93 goals in 226 (8 seasons- about 28 games each season) games in the Bundesleague for Stuttgart & Schalke. A little bit less than a goal every 2.4 games. 19 goals in 52 international appearences.

Seems a bit headstrong after walking out of a Germany game he was selected for the squad but not picked.

To continue last seasons theme of "Wonder what an old boy could do for us, welcome Mr Fowler"

How about Andy Cole?

Shearer? Only if he turns down the Newcastle manager job. If he accepts then the thought of him playing for us again is nothing short of madness....

• Backroom

I get the feeling we're going to be more "interested" than "impressed" .... hope i'm wrong, but if Coyle thought it was possible to get this bloke to play for Burnley then, with all due respect to Owen, he can't be much of a star. That's not a bad thing, necassarily - so called stars didn't help the barcodes.

Archived