BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Confederations Cup

Nelsen is out injured apparently. Either that, or he is being rested for what i dont know as all the other teams are using their strongest possible squads.

Talk about the media, trying to make South Africa look bad. Oh well, they best be trying harder because this will not be the 1st time we have hosted a major sporting event.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nelsen isn't playing for NZ?

Nope, he always gets injured just before it comes time to play for us it seems :( He got hurt in the 2nd to last game at the end of the season, and got ruled out of this. Hope he is available for our world cup qualifers later this year, we had to call up a domestic defender out of retirement to fill his spot for this.

1st game today, and im looking forward to it. I see the Beeb are already trying to make us look bad as a host nation. This aint the world cup yet, its just a dress rehersal and to iron out any problems now. Germany had problems as well, when one of their stadiums roof, had a leakage and made one part of the pitch virtually unplayable.

Anyway, should be a good game today. SA to hopefully get the 3 points which will be great and a good start. Anything other than a win, and we will probably be out and not reach the semi final.

Has Van Heerden been injured recently? He only came on for the last couple of minutes.

I'm hoping he's coming back to fitness or something, otherwise we've just bought a player not good enough to get into a team that plays like that.

Please tell me there is better to come... :o

Has Van Heerden been injured recently? He only came on for the last couple of minutes.

I'm hoping he's coming back to fitness or something, otherwise we've just bought a player not good enough to get into a team that plays like that.

Please tell me there is better to come... :o

Van Heerden didn't come on :huh:

Guest benmaxwell
Hat trick for Torres in first 15 minutes against NZ.

Bet Ryan's pleased not to be playing...

Torn calf muscle. Wonder how long the recovery time is.

I'm also looking forward to watching the yanks play. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of progress we've made over the last couple of years and want to see how we do vs some of the best in the world. I think Bradley and torres would be good prospects to watch out for

Archived