BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Confederations Cup

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elrio hasnt played, because our coach has been a real idiot with his tactics. 4 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders, 2 attacking midfielders, and 1 striker. And this from a Brazilian coach. *sigh*

Elrio hasnt played, because our coach has been a real idiot with his tactics. 4 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders, 2 attacking midfielders, and 1 striker. And this from a Brazilian coach. *sigh*

Very Brazilian formation that.

Pity I'd hoped to grab a look at him, I'm keen to see how quick he is with a ball and without. I hope he can make an impact from the bench this year.

hows the tournement been recieved in SA, has it all gone smoothly??

Great Sunday of sport ... British GP done and dusted, T20 Final done and dusted ... now have the golf on screen 1, Italy v Brazil on screen 2 and Egypt v USA on the laptop.

And Wimbledon starts tomorrow - by the time that's over we'll be into pre-season :)

Very Brazilian formation that.

Pity I'd hoped to grab a look at him, I'm keen to see how quick he is with a ball and without. I hope he can make an impact from the bench this year.

hows the tournement been recieved in SA, has it all gone smoothly??

Apart from a few low attendances due to high ticket prices, its been very well handled. SA into semi final,probably against Brazil so happy with that. I think people are trying to put SA into a bad light, because Africa are very much a continent where there are not much beautiful stadiums and fields. There were comments about the state of the playing surfaces, but you must remember that despite it being winter, we still get very hot weather. We will host a successful world cup, and one where people will enjoy the sights of not just SA but Africa as a whole.

Italy are shell shocked. 3-0 down already, and it half time yet. USA 1-0 up over Egypt. Marcello Lippi looks like he is ready to explode.

Bradley and Donovan both looking good.

I'm wondering if this ref is really from New Zealand and not from Norway.

Edit: Just as I hit post, Donovan with a great pass to Bradley for a goal!

Bradley and Donovan both looking good.

I'm wondering if this ref is really from New Zealand and not from Norway.

Edit: Just as I hit post, Donovan with a great pass to Bradley for a goal!

What about Charlie Davies who does he play for and is he any good.

USA looks like they will be facing Spain. Okay they will play Spain, final whistle has just gone.

Semi Final.

SA vs Brazil

Spain vs USA

Italy and Egypt were woeful. The Italians didnt look interested, or am i being harsh?

Maybe we should sign loads of the yanks because they have beaten the Egyptians... ;)

They'd be far far more reliable, definite arte et labore material than the Eygyptians would ever be.

They'd be far far more reliable, definite arte et labore material than the Eygyptians would ever be.

Harsh! Egypt has by far been the next best team in their group, behind Brazil. They have been attacking, exciting and have much more skillfull players than the USA. Credit though where it is due, and the Yanks have scored the goals tonight and have progressed. Tough luck on the Egyptians, but thats football.

Genuinely, how many players from either side would make it at Premier League level? My guess is not that many. Probably quite a few would turn out to be ok but many would be dross. Same goes for both sides...

Harsh!

Purely going off that one game Iceman, the hard work put in by the Americans was far superior to what the Eygptians could muster.

That spirit that the Americans showed would be more than welcome down here at Ewood park. Two examples here in England of the two nations are Brad Friedel who for several years provided excellent service whereas Zaki did well for six months then he thought he was a superstar and his game dropped off.

Comparing Friedel with Zaki and watching tonights game leans you only one way Iceman, its two nil to the yanks on football.

Tough luck? We should have at least had a fourth, Egypt was toothless. Don't forget that we outplayed Italy in the first half. The red card in that match wasn't incredibly harsh, but if you compare the foul to the Italy foul on the penalty, it should have either been 10 v 10 or 11 v 11.

Again, thought Bradley and Donovan have been our best players so far this tournament. Donovan's contract might be up soon, was hearing that he's deciding if he wants to give Europe one last try, or stay in MLS.

Tough luck? We should have at least had a fourth, Egypt was toothless. Don't forget that we outplayed Italy in the first half. The red card in that match wasn't incredibly harsh, but if you compare the foul to the Italy foul on the penalty, it should have either been 10 v 10 or 11 v 11.

Again, thought Bradley and Donovan have been our best players so far this tournament. Donovan's contract might be up soon, was hearing that he's deciding if he wants to give Europe one last try, or stay in MLS.

What about this Charlie Davies fellow American!

Bradley would definitely be worth a punt.

Purely going off that one game Iceman, the hord work put in by the Americans was far superior to what the Eygptians could muster.

That spirit that the Americans showed would be more than welcome down here at Ewood park. Two examples here in England of the two nations are Brad Friedel who for several years provided excellent service whereas Zaki did well for six months then he thought he was a superstar and his game dropped off.

Comparing Friedel with Zaki and watching tonights game leans you only one way Iceman, its two nil to the yanks on football.

I was being sarcastic. The truth is we, as viewers, cannot judge like a professional in the game can. Especially someone who has been there and done it at the top level. Watching a couple of games isn't going to give us a clue who can make it at Premier League level, there is a complete difference between International football and Premier League football. A winner at one International level may well not make it at Premier League level and vice versa, the best can do both.

Archived