BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Confederations Cup

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Bradley looked good but similar to Grella, wish we bought him last season instead but I'm not sure now. His red card was barely a free kick imo.

Alditore looked ok I thought as did that Clarke bloke in midfield.

I am very appreciative of these positive comments about the US team.

There have been 4 red cards in the tourny and 3 of them are against the US. All straight reds. Makes one feel hunted. This one against Bradley is the most costly to the team not just because Bradley will miss the final but, because he is our best midfielder of late.

would love any of the americans in our team. That's how you fight for a game.

Ha ha haha. I'm proud of the guys for the huge win today, but there is only a couple of guys that I would want on the Rovers. I think Bradley and Donovan could find a role in our 11. Dempsey is better than anything we have on the right side and I'd take Howard over Robo any day. Spector is developing as a RB, but I'd still take Emerton over him at this point. He may be one for the future.

Gooch has improved dramaticly since his time at Toon, but he wouldn't beat out Samba, Nelsen or Givet. Both he and Demerit could do a job in the EPL as backup a center half (Gooch maybe able to start on poor teams) He has finally learned that he doesn't need to put his hands on people to win a ball in the air.

Altidore might have a chance to play at this level at some point, but he isn't ready yet. Bocanegra is playing at the correct level now in France. He is not quite good enough anymore for the EPL. Davies and Clark are not EPL players either. Torres might have a shot at some point, but I think he is too small. He starts for Pachuca in Mexico now. Spain might be a better destination for him.

COME ON U.S.A. ONE MORE SHOCKER!

I am very appreciative of these positive comments about the US team.

There have been 4 red cards in the tourny and 3 of them are against the US. All straight reds. Makes one feel hunted. This one against Bradley is the most costly to the team not just because Bradley will miss the final but, because he is our best midfielder of late.

Yeah, Bradley's red today I would have thought to be harsh if it was a yellow, much less a red. He didn't even go studs up on the challenge and I'm not sure that he even contacted him with a foot, but rather his shin.

No Maj, he didnt. He came on in the last few minutes against Poland in a friendly just before the start of the confed cup.

Anyway, semi final tonight. Should be a good game, but i think Spain will win 1-0

Not one app?? Oh well lets see how he does pre-season.

Just put some money on Spain winnning this.

Hope you didn't put a lot on!!!

Great result for USA last night, glad I wasn't near a bookies. I wonder what USA winning a title would do to the sports popularity back in the US.

Not one app?? Oh well lets see how he does pre-season.

Hope you didn't put a lot on!!!

Great result for USA last night, glad I wasn't near a bookies. I wonder what USA winning a title would do to the sports popularity back in the US.

You see, I unfortunately did.

Oh well, got to go. I am selling my house! :D

Thats exactly the sort of bet I would have laid. I'll send you a cardboard box PM me your address.

Seriously it was almost bullett proof that Spain was going to win. They were bombing Howard, but its the goals which counts.

I have to win my money back today. You see South Africa winning tonight Iceman? :D

Not much.

Howard was great, but the defenders also blocked a ton of shots.

Been watching some of this tournament. Good result for the USA, one comment. I can't spell what they are called but I hope we don't have to deal with those horrible noisey thingys that go on all game. It seems Blatter is against banning them, I wish they would, it's so flippin irritating.

Not much.

True enough... but it can't hurt.

I always had a suspicion that many Americans didn't follow soccer simply because we aren't "good" at it at the international level, and that if we stated being a world power, then people would care. I liken it to Tennis, since that was important when Connors and McEnroe and Sampras and Agassi were the top dogs, but now that the top guys are Spanish and Swiss, Tennis is much less news-worthy.

Will a confed cup run or even a title do that alone. No. if we had pulled this kind of houdini act in a real world cup, maybe.

I'm still somewhat shocked by the whole thing. Best USA soccer performance in 59 years, imho.

Sadley I was working when the game was on but kept on it from live updates on my phone and via texts messages from my buddys who were at home watching it. Over all GREAT performance. I don't think it was as much of a fluke as ppl are making it out to be. Last time we played spain it was a 1-0 score line in there favor which for an in form fresh from the Euros Spain team I would say that's pretty good.

In that same note I think Spain had a bit of an off night. I don't quite think were a "world power" by anymeans but like I've said before were getting there slowly but surely we are getting there and I belive that by the next world cup (or two) we will be able to start regulary hanging with the big boys. I mean our performance VS Italy was good as well and every one I've talked to even anti US football fans have said that the score line didn't do the US the justice they deservied. I feel that perhaps a fast pacey striker would help but intill we find one our current lot will have to do. :lol:

I've been on a natural high since the wistle blew yesterday. USA!!

Archived