BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Confederations Cup

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol. At least the Vuvuzelas lasts longer than the Irish team during matches.

At least we don't have to host a tournament to qualify ;)

Was just going to ask about Mhlongo Icers, I see he's still in playing at home at 29. Do you think he could adapt to the PL? I didn't see the whole game but RTE over here highlighted the fact that he kept Kaka quiet all night.

...then again they also said that; "there's talk of Erlo moving to England" :rolleyes:

At least we don't have to host a tournament to qualify ;)

Was just going to ask about Mhlongo Icers, I see he's still in playing at home at 29. Do you think he could adapt to the PL? I didn't see the whole game but RTE over here highlighted the fact that he kept Kaka quiet all night.

...then again they also said that; "there's talk of Erlo moving to England" :rolleyes:

Benson Mhlongo is probably our best defensive midfielder, who can pass a ball as well. At 29 he can make it overseas, but not sure about England. Tshabalala down the left is a fantastic footballer, good pace a good cross and a good dribbler. Our left back Masilela and right back Gaxa are the other good players. Our goalkeeper who is only 22 will be a huge star in the next 3 to 4 years.

Its almost as horrible as listening to for president Bush speaking about war war war on Iraq. The horns will not be banned, get over it. Its part of the football culture in SA. An oldish poor guy, i think was the one who invented the horns as a means to earn a honest living. I dont like it myself, but if you take the horns away you might as well take the big 5 as well. Its our world cup, and we going to do things our way. We didnt tell the USA, Germany or France what they can and cant do. I sense that just because its in Africa, considered a poor continent that people can just dictate how we host the WC, because their infrastructure and facilities are better. Sorry if im being rude, but i cant take this constant whinging and moaning about can or cant SA host the world cup. If you have ever been to SA you will just realise how beautiful the country is. We have successfully hosted Rugby WC, Cricket WC, African Nations Cup, Internanal Cricket, Super 14 rugby, we have world class golf courses. Rant over, and apologies for being rude.

Well I won't accept your apology. I find them irritating and they really put me off watching the games. If it is like that for all the World Cup games I suspect I will miss more than a few. It has little to do with the Nation, they are a pain in the ear. I was on about bloody horns, not S.Africa.

Iceman, how would you compare Tshabalala to Van Heerden?

Pretty much the same Tim. Tshabalala plays left wing, Elrio right wing or in the middle. I would say Elrio is probably a little more creative, and Tshabalala has alot of Stamina so gets up and down the field alot more.

those horns would almost make me not wach the world cup :angry2:

I have to say that i undertsand that they are local traditon but some sort of comprimise must be made if they want people to watch which surely they do.

I watched the whole game on mute, had flashbacks of my daughters 2 year old birthday party every time i unmuted.

How did Brazil only score one against a team with Mokoena in defence?

Excuse me? Mokoena is ######, but our midfield never allowed the Brazilians to get at our defence.

Just a shame that Benni wasn't playing up front, as SA seemed a bit lightweight/weak in that department. Fair play to their midfield, and defense though. Kept Brazil at bay for 88 minutes.

I really hope that the US comes out and plays like they did vs Spain. It had to be one of the best games they've played, ever. But if we can play like we did vs Spain theres an actual chance the US could win. I just hope we dont get smashed on like we did the first time we played them. -USA!

I really hope that the US comes out and plays like they did vs Spain. It had to be one of the best games they've played, ever. But if we can play like we did vs Spain theres an actual chance the US could win. I just hope we dont get smashed on like we did the first time we played them. -USA!

Yup, that was one of the best games they played. Hopefully they come out and play with that same desire tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. Sure the Confederations Cup isn't the World Cup, but if the US could add that trophy to the trophy case, it would be their first real international trophy (Not counting the Gold Cup). Would be especially good since it seems like almost all the sides brought A teams to the Confederations Cup which hasn't really ever happened. It's not like they've competed against B sides or anything.

Archived