BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Confederations Cup

Its almost as horrible as listening to for president Bush speaking about war war war on Iraq. The horns will not be banned, get over it. Its part of the football culture in SA. An oldish poor guy, i think was the one who invented the horns as a means to earn a honest living. I dont like it myself, but if you take the horns away you might as well take the big 5 as well. Its our world cup, and we going to do things our way. We didnt tell the USA, Germany or France what they can and cant do. I sense that just because its in Africa, considered a poor continent that people can just dictate how we host the WC, because their infrastructure and facilities are better. Sorry if im being rude, but i cant take this constant whinging and moaning about can or cant SA host the world cup. If you have ever been to SA you will just realise how beautiful the country is. We have successfully hosted Rugby WC, Cricket WC, African Nations Cup, Internanal Cricket, Super 14 rugby, we have world class golf courses. Rant over, and apologies for being rude.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its almost as horrible as listening to for president Bush speaking about war war war on Iraq. The horns will not be banned, get over it. Its part of the football culture in SA.

I agree in part. The fact that i would rather listen to those horns sooner then our ex-president or ex-vice president does not mean they aren't annoying. They are. But, we all have our opinion's and i respect yours so, apology accepted. Not that you really had to though. And i'm sure South Africa will do a good job.

Different topic: I thought we did a good job in beating Spain but, we also had some luck. Having said that it seemed that neither team really was smooth. Some of Spain's chances were lucky bounces. Our best attributes were heart, courage, and very hard work. We have a long way to go to match the majority of the rest of the world on a "consistent" basis. It took awhile for me to understand that but, we're moving in the right direction.

Not much.

Not too sure... ive heard more new yorkers talking "soccer" specifically that game than ever before. A couple of wall street guys said everyone on the trading room floor went wild when the second goal went in. and ESPN put us on the from of espn.com, which is huge.

Its almost as horrible as listening to for president Bush speaking about war war war on Iraq. The horns will not be banned, get over it. Its part of the football culture in SA. An oldish poor guy, i think was the one who invented the horns as a means to earn a honest living. I dont like it myself, but if you take the horns away you might as well take the big 5 as well. Its our world cup, and we going to do things our way. We didnt tell the USA, Germany or France what they can and cant do. I sense that just because its in Africa, considered a poor continent that people can just dictate how we host the WC, because their infrastructure and facilities are better. Sorry if im being rude, but i cant take this constant whinging and moaning about can or cant SA host the world cup. If you have ever been to SA you will just realise how beautiful the country is. We have successfully hosted Rugby WC, Cricket WC, African Nations Cup, Internanal Cricket, Super 14 rugby, we have world class golf courses. Rant over, and apologies for being rude.

I'll be singing SHOSHOLOZA for you guys!!!!

Considering I don't care who win's this tournament, I've enjoyed the games, loved the shock result for USA against Spain but I think only disappointing thing about the C-Fed cup has been Elrio van Heerden not playing. It would have been good to see him in action to see what kinda player he is. We've seen in this tournament a few players we've been linked to. Some have looked decent, others rubbish at times.

You can shove your vuvuzela up your arse Iceman :P

My god they are annoying, I know you lot should be allowed to do things your way and I accept it, I just wish they weren't blown constantly for 90 minutes!!!

They seem to have died down a little bit the last few games.

I do love the "Booooooooooooooooooooth" chant though :tu:

You can shove your vuvuzela up your arse Iceman :P

My god they are annoying, I know you lot should be allowed to do things your way and I accept it, I just wish they weren't blown constantly for 90 minutes!!!

They seem to have died down a little bit the last few games.

I do love the "Booooooooooooooooooooth" chant though :tu:

Lol. At least the Vuvuzelas lasts longer than the Irish team during matches.

Archived