BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Confederations Cup

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone just see that speedy whippet at the bottom of the screen. Please say it was him....please say so!!!!!!!!! He's the South African Stuart Ripley.

Infact his name translates at Van Ripley

twas him.

On the basis of that it looks like we have seriously stregthened down the right side of midfield/attack.

With Diouf, EVH, Doran and, potentially, Hoilett it looks like we don't need to worry about that part of the side.

Encouraging. I liked the way he varied his crosses.

Thanks for all the support guys, was a really good tournament on the pitch for SA. Pity about the loss today, but we will learn from this and improve alot more. Shows that we really dont need Benni. Mphela and Bernard Parker looks very lively up front. Maybe we could have a look at one of them. Both are speedy strikers, who can do a decent job up front.

Good luck to the Rovers fans from the USA for the final tonight.

Thanks for all the support guys, was a really good tournament on the pitch for SA. Pity about the loss today, but we will learn from this and improve alot more. Shows that we really dont need Benni. Mphela and Bernard Parker looks very lively up front. Maybe we could have a look at one of them. Both are speedy strikers, who can do a decent job up front.

Good luck to the Rovers fans from the USA for the final tonight.

Although I felt you had a couple of good games against Spain and Brazil. I felt that South Africa really struggled in the final 3rd of the pitch throughout the tournament and needed someone of Benni's experience and composure up front. I guess age is against Benni but with a World Cup in your own back yard. He could be the difference between your team getting out of the group stages and you competing in the latter stages.

I liked this comment from the BBC text updates:

"Good to see Fifa president Sepp Blatter doesn't have favourites, anyway. He's one of the guests of honour and shakes hands with all 22 players - stopping to kiss one, Brazilian superstar Kaka. Kiss him. For God's sake."

Archived