BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Games Abroad

Having sorted out a weekend in Barcelona at the end of the year, it has come as an unexpected bonus that Barcelona appear to be playing Real Madrid at the Nou Camp on either the Saturday or the Sunday.

I was basically wondering if anybody here has been to this game before - if so, what is the best way to get tickets? There look to be loads of websites selling them but I don't know how dodgy they are.

Also, more generally, what matches have everybody been to abroad? Myself and cn174 went to the Milan derby a couple of years ago and it was absolutely fantastic. The banners, flares and atmosphere in general were all amazing, and took a little getting used to after years in the Blackburn End! Anybody been to any games which football fans should get to at least once in their lifetime?

You may well strugle to get tickets for it. Worth dropping Barca an email and see what they suggest.

As for games abroad I went to Madrid V rosenburg and Madrid v Valencia. Both were used on the film goal 2 so technically i was in the film lol.

Also went to Barca Villareal

I have been to Nou camp and watched Barca - Cadiz. Me and a friend bought tickets outside the stadium, but I probably wouldn't do that. We had seats on top row and among all the crazy away supporters. Though it was great atmosphere and a great experience.

I have also been to Real Madrid - Arsenal in the Champions League. I think Arsenal won 0-1. It was awesome!

I also went to Vicente Calderon and saw Atletico Madrid - Athletic Bilbao. A rather exciting game and tension among the supporters. The Basque and Madridians don't like each other at all.

Having sorted out a weekend in Barcelona at the end of the year, it has come as an unexpected bonus that Barcelona appear to be playing Real Madrid at the Nou Camp on either the Saturday or the Sunday.

Plenty of tickets available outside the ground in the days leading up to the game, but be prepared to pay top prices from touts.

You'll struggle to get them from Barcelona, but as Ricky says, its worth an email.

I was basically wondering if anybody here has been to this game before - if so, what is the best way to get tickets? There look to be loads of websites selling them but I don't know how dodgy they are.

Also, more generally, what matches have everybody been to abroad? Myself and cn174 went to the Milan derby a couple of years ago and it was absolutely fantastic. The banners, flares and atmosphere in general were all amazing, and took a little getting used to after years in the Blackburn End! Anybody been to any games which football fans should get to at least once in their lifetime?

I know a guy that once went to Krakow to watch Rovers and ended up losing his passport.

Hmmm, what was his name??

Lyn (Oslo) v Sandefjord, summer 2006 ish. The stadium was packed with....er..... 5204 supporters or something very similar. Lyn have the misfortune of (1) playing at the national stadium and (2) not being very well supported despite being in the capital. The atmosphere was not too bad, actually.

There's a place in Spain we go over to frequently where you have a choice of :-

Torrevieja - lower, regional league, well supported due to Torry Army mainly made up of ex pats who have adopted the club. Ten minutes away.

Real Murcia - Championship equivalent, relegated from La Liga last season, 32k all seater new stadium. Forty five minutes away.

Elche - Championship equivalent. Thirty minutes away.

Would like to try all three and will soon. :brfc:

Been to Barca vs. Espanyol at the Nou Camp back in 2002 - remember Kluivert and Xavi scored in a 2-0 win I think?

Real Mallorca vs. Getafe in 2004, Ian Harte played for Getafe who I think won but I can't remember the score.

Also seen Hertha Berlin vs. Werder Bremen in 2005 at the newly-refurbished for the World Cup Olympic Stadium. Awesome ground! 1-1 draw with Hertha equalising in the last minute.

Was also all set to see Roma play at home but the in the game on the Sunday prior to us arriving in Rome Roma had played at AC Milan - whoever won the game won the league. Milan won 1-0, Roma fans went nuts and the game was held up for 20-30 mins. Their next home game was switched from Rome to Sicily as punishment for their fans' behaviour which we didn't realise until we turned up to buy tickets.

Oh, and of course Feyenoord vs Rovers - dull game, good atmosphere, great time in Amsterdam! B)

went to a Barca game last season and bought on the fcbarcelona.com website. But this was against Bilbao and not Real Madrid. Tickets go on sale on their website 1 month before the game and more may become available over the month as season ticket holders release their tickets back on sale.

However, as this is the game that everyone wants to go to then the chance of fans either not going or not knowing anyone who wants to go is pretty slim. Members get first choice on tickets from the start of the season as well so selection will be pretty limited. The best bet initially would be to get on line the second tickets go on open sale and pray. Depending on how many tickets you want and whether you are bothered about sitting together you may just be lucky. Check the website a few days before they go on general sale and it will give you an idea of what seats are available - the website allows you to pick individual seats and also give the view from each block.

Other than that I'd try the secondary ticket outlets but they will put on a massive mark up on tickets especially as demand for this one is huge.

While you're there I'd fully recomment the stadium and museum tour - well worth it.

Love a bit of football tourism.

Most recently, we took advantage of the 2 quid returns on Ryanair back in March and popped over to Germany to see Arminia Bielefeld v Eintracht Frankfurt. Previously in the Budesliga, we stopped in Berlin on the way back from Krakow in 2006, and went to the magnificent Olympiastadion for Hertha v Borossia Monchengladbach. 70th minute - sub - enter one Chris Samba. "He's a big lad isn't he?!" Watching football in Germany is great, beer in your seats, bratwurst with mustard.

Also in 2006, we went to Juventus v Werder Bremen in the Champions League last 16, and a couple of days before, Nice v RC Lens in the French Ligue 1. Also been to Marseille and Monaco home games in France, and will be going to Montpellier v PSG two weeks on Saturday.

Been twice to see Celtic in the SPL, v Inverness last season and Hibs the season before. A long time ago to Slavia Prague against Plzen (1996 I think).

Couple of MLS games in 2004 and 2005, DC United v LA Galaxy and New York New Jersey Metrostars (as was) v Chicago ... that was immediately after Engalnd v Columbia in the Giants Stadium (Owen hattrick).

Apart from that lot, went to the Euros last year in Switzerland, World Cup 2006 in Germany, Euro 2000 in Belgium, the France 98 World Cup and the Toulon U21 tournament back in 1994. Tickets secured for 6 matches in Cape Town for next summer. :xmas:

Marseille was perhaps my favourite, great stadium, great atmosphere, it was nice and warm and I like the food in that part of the world.

went to a Barca game last season and bought on the fcbarcelona.com website. But this was against Bilbao and not Real Madrid. Tickets go on sale on their website 1 month before the game and more may become available over the month as season ticket holders release their tickets back on sale.

However, as this is the game that everyone wants to go to then the chance of fans either not going or not knowing anyone who wants to go is pretty slim. Members get first choice on tickets from the start of the season as well so selection will be pretty limited. The best bet initially would be to get on line the second tickets go on open sale and pray. Depending on how many tickets you want and whether you are bothered about sitting together you may just be lucky. Check the website a few days before they go on general sale and it will give you an idea of what seats are available - the website allows you to pick individual seats and also give the view from each block.

Other than that I'd try the secondary ticket outlets but they will put on a massive mark up on tickets especially as demand for this one is huge.

While you're there I'd fully recomment the stadium and museum tour - well worth it.

Do you/anyone know if we become members would be guaranteed a ticket? I've read through the website and that seems to be the case. It would work out at about £110-£120 in that case if we went in the 3rd tier, which is ok for a one off. Also I doubt it would be much less to buy from a tout/website.

Archived