BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lazy Blackburn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To end on a bright note not all the people of Blackburn and Darwen are lazy, unemployed human life. There's some genuine, good-hearted, friendly northern folk if you look hard enough.

Yes but those people are having 1.3 kids and paying for 3..... and rising!

As a result of this I'm offski. I just dont see it ever getting any better. We have a 12 year old to consider and we are taking her to Australia where there is is still a work ethic and the concept of respect.

To those of you who are trying to make the best of the mess this country has become - good luck.

This is all wrong dgs! Wasn't Australia created so that we could send all the dollopers there and you could stay here in prosperity? A very successful system for all concerned so can anybody explain why it was curtailed? :huh: I understand that there is still lots of room there.

btw my old Dad always said that immigrants were usually hated and resented in their new country because in the main they were people who were those who could not make a do and were disgruntled with their home country and that emmigrating didn't change their attitude one bit. Basically they carried their disenchantment with them.

Must all be right cos Aussies apparently hate the immigrants from the 60's who carried the highly contagious British disease in their luggage.

Blackburners arent lazy !

This is the Jack Straw and his cronies policies, they, Straw and co. kept the populace quiet, whilst they filled their boots with rewards whilst going about destroying the core of this country.

If you voted 'new labour' then its you, you numpties who are to blame for this sorry state.... not the pepole who claim benefits!

We have a 12 year old to consider and we are taking her to Australia where there is is still a work ethic and the concept of respect.

Who says ? Evidence please.

Australia like every country in the world at present has its own problems.

Also, have you asked your daughter about moving ? Uprooting a child and taking him / her away from their friends, school and the people / things she loves can be extremely unsettling and emotionally damaging.

Blackburners arent lazy !

This is the Jack Straw and his cronies policies, they, Straw and co. kept the populace quiet, whilst they filled their boots with rewards whilst going about destroying the core of this country.

If you voted 'new labour' then its you, you numpties who are to blame for this sorry state.... not the pepole who claim benefits!

Nice one. What about "Jack Straw and his cronies policies" on education?"

i think acoholics get their benefits cut not increrased ABBEY! but wherever you go in the world you will always get peoplle who are uneducated and unwilling to work, it just depends how the government in the country deciede to deal with them, here in england we choose to rip the arse of the workers and pay for the scratters! but thats the way it is. i was speaking to my next door neighbour about this issue only the other day, he is chinese, he said in china if you dont work and earn your own money you might aswell start digging your own grave, because they will let you die!

deryck - best of luck with your migration but rest assured we have same problems here in Australia as well.

It's not all 'Neighbours' and 'Home and Away'.

I've got lots of family and friends out there pg including close family near you on the Mornington Penisular. I've been fortunate to spend to have a few holidays in Australia including a year travelling in the late 90's. I'm aware of "Bogans" and "ferals" but it is small beer compared with what aflicts the UK now.

I had family over from NSW last year. They left in 92 and it was their first visit back. Six weeks later they returned Down Under sadder and wiser and funnily enough there are no plans for another visit.

Of course, I'm aware that Australia isn't paradise but it is much, much better than being here. As it is in Canada and NZ which are other popular destinations for British evacuees.

Who says ? Evidence please.

Australia like every country in the world at present has its own problems.

Also, have you asked your daughter about moving ? Uprooting a child and taking him / her away from their friends, school and the people / things she loves can be extremely unsettling and emotionally damaging.

It isn't easy to quatify things like a work ethic and respect evidentially however, I know that those characteristics are far more prevailant in Australia than here through my own experience.

Our daughter has been included in the process of migration from the moment we looked at going. She, will of course, miss family and friends but is otherwise excited.

It isn't easy to quatify things like a work ethic and respect evidentially however, I know that those characteristics are far more prevailant in Australia than here through my own experience.

Our daughter has been included in the process of migration from the moment we looked at going. She, will of course, miss family and friends but is otherwise excited.

Your choice but be aware that most evacuees (in both directions) eventually return home.

Also, don't fall into the expatriate trap of slagging off your own country or blaming it for what might be your own failings. You've made your decision but remember that most Britons are proud of their country and very happy to live here.

I often find that, to me, you views are somewhere to the right of Atilla The Hun and therefore a bit irksome. I dont know if it's impending age but I'm finding myself agreeing with some of your views recently. ..................

................ I'm of solid working class stock, born in Blackburn in the late 60's. My views have been a reflection of that. Tragically the real working class has all but dissapeared, destroyed by Thatcher and the New Labour liberal "elite". What is left is nothing but workshy, feckless, nihilistc, criminal vermin.

As a result of this I'm offski. I just dont see it ever getting any better. We have a 12 year old to consider and we are taking her to Australia where there is is still a work ethic and the concept of respect.

To those of you who are trying to make the best of the mess this country has become - good luck.

Of course, I'm aware that Australia isn't paradise but it is much, much better than being here. As it is in Canada and NZ which are other popular destinations for British evacuees.

Evacuees! Bloody Hell deryck..... I think you're turning into me! :lol:

Clemenceu was right!

btw Very appropriate term given the various anniversaries this week. ;) There is no doubt that this country and Europe would be in a much different situation in this country if the Germans had won. The general concensus being that it was a bloody good job for all that we won. Sadly that view is rapidly becoming a much more difficult debate.

Your choice but be aware that most evacuees (in both directions) eventually return home.

Also, don't fall into the expatriate trap of slagging off your own country or blaming it for what might be your own failings. You've made your decision but remember that most Britons are proud of their country and very happy to live here.

Not sure about that. My understanding is that around 12% of British migrants to Australia return to the UK. I was surprised that it was that high but apparently some Poms have to return for financial reasons having been unable to sell their houses in the UK.

I wont blow my trumpet on here and I'm certainly no big shot. I'm suitably ok at my job though for an Australian employer to sponsor my migration.

I'm not sure just how many people are happy to live here or are proud of this country. I know that I'm neither. I think that a significant number feel the same way. The reaction I get to my move vary from "I wish we were going" to "get out while you can" and "the country is on it's @rse."

I think that a significant number feel the same way. The reaction I get to my move vary from "I wish we were going" to "get out while you can" and "the country is on it's @rse."

I'm not sure how many people feel like that but I have certainly not many anyone who feels sufficiently negative about Britain to want to emigrate.

What I am certain about is that many people think the grass is greener elsewhere when in most cases it is not.

You come across as bitter and resentful. You should fit in very well down under.

Sadly that view is rapidly becoming a much more difficult debate.

You aren't seriously suggesting if Germany had won the war, and presumbaly continued to slaughter the Slavs, Jews, Negroes etc, that the world (or Europe at any rate) would be a better place today?

I'm not sure how many people feel like that but I have certainly not many anyone who feels sufficiently negative about Britain to want to emigrate.

What I am certain about is that many people think the grass is greener elsewhere when in most cases it is not.

You come across as bitter and resentful. You should fit in very well down under.

Personal and Xenophobic in one pithy post. Well done!

....and I'm the one who comes accross as bitter and resentful! :lol:

The general concensus being that it was a bloody good job for all that we won. Sadly that view is rapidly becoming a much more difficult debate.

That is brilliant.

Immigration has actually made you think that it would be better if the Nazi's won WWII!

Yet you say it's the Muslims with the problem!

Over the past few weeks in Blackburn i've met some excellent people of asian origin lets say but really Blackburners, which had me thinking about starting a new thread that went, has the Asian populace helped SAVE Blackburn.

All this negativity towards Asians is I think just another avenue to challenge ones negativity towards, the ones i've encountered over the past weeks alone have, I repeat, been excellent.

Blackburn does have a future, we've just got to embrace it and do something positive to contribute towards it. For me this is the heart of Blackburns problem getting everyone to do something positive towards it, rather than just running off every time because they see the grass is greener somewhere else.

Over the past few weeks in Blackburn i've met some excellent people of asian origin lets say but really Blackburners, which had me thinking about starting a new thread that went, has the Asian populace helped SAVE Blackburn.

All this negativity towards Asians is I think just another avenue to challenge ones negativity towards, the ones i've encountered over the past weeks alone have, I repeat, been excellent.

Blackburn does have a future, we've just got to embrace it and do something positive to contribute towards it. For me this is the heart of Blackburns problem getting everyone to do something positive towards it, rather than just running off every time because they see the grass is greener somewhere else.

Spot on.

Well said JAL. =)

Archived