BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jerome Rothen

I've read on this board that Rothen didnt pass our "test" and he wasnt considered fit/good enough for the mighty Rovers. Instead he joined Rangers.

That he later on can come a slag our club of - makes me angry:

Rothen reveals Rovers snub

Jerome Rothen has confirmed he turned down the chance to join Blackburn Rovers

"I did have other offers from Schalke and Blackburn, but I just felt that Rangers offered something different.

Can anyone shed any light on whether he snubbed us or we snubbed him?

My source said Rothen wasn't even a close call on being good/fit enough when he came over and nicko last night posted that the club did not think he was fit enough to meet the demands of the EPL.

Of course when being unveiled at Rangers he is hardly going to say anything different to what he did.

I've read on this board that Rothen didnt pass our "test" and he wasnt considered fit/good enough for the mighty Rovers. Instead he joined Rangers.

"I did have other offers from Schalke and Blackburn, but I just felt that Rangers offered something different.

Wouldn't say that was exactly slagging our club off tbh mate.

I've said all along that he wouldn't be good enough, I don't think he's even that good of a signing for Rangers. Once again discussed it with a bunch of PSG season ticket holders yesterday and all of them were glad to be rid of him and thought that he would struggle in Scotland. Good that we eventually saw sense, shame that we wasted some expenses on getting him over to have a look at something our scouts should have been able to tell us.

• Backroom

Rothen's not really slagging us off, he's just twisting the truth to make it seem like he was far more wanted than he was. It's more the headlines from the sun and skysports which make it seem as if he's having a pop. Good luck to him in Scotland, he has more chance of making it there than he ever would have in the EPL.

You also forgot the following quote:

"Playing in the Champions League is, of course, great for the club but there is also a big chance to win trophies in Scotland. This is important for any footballer."

So yeah. Rangers can offer him the chance of CL footie and (two-bit) trophies. He's hardly disparaging our club.

What's he going to say?

"Well, my heart was set on a dream move to Blackburn but I didn't make the grade so I thought I'd make do with Rangers."

Way to win the fans over!

People need to stop being such fannies and getting offended at the smallest thing. He just said he wanted to go to Rangers as it was different. Yes we've been told that he wasn't fit enough for the EPL but he was hardly slagging us off. Seriously i think half the so called "men" on this board may require tampons once a month.

Would have liked him, pity. Another class act who lost their way early in thier career.

On a side note, I did actually have a dream of him signing for Rangers at one point, so pip pip.

He's got to make it sound like he made the choice anyway after the French press constantly saying he was likely to come here. If it makes him feel better I've no problems with it. We've all done it when splitting up with boy/girlfriends etc.

I don't understand it when footballers choose poorer clubs playing in the Champions League over Premier League clubs not playing in Europe. Surely playing 6 games in the Champions League and being knocked out and then playing 30+ poor teams in a poor domestic league is less of a challenge than playing 30+ teams in the best league in the world against the top talents in world football.

IF it's true that he rejected us then personally I believe he's bottled it and knows he isn't good enough to perform at the highest level.

Archived