BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Beckham

You are absolutely correct Smithy. Beckham has some effect over the commentators that makes them believe he is still a great player and the sheep listen to them and believe it.

What is really incredulous is that after being on the pitch for a few minutes and doing the squre root of FA it was suggested that he was 'man of the match'. Unbelievable!

In my opinion he never was THAT good and continually screws up in world cups. He is now building up cheap caps for a few minutes a time on the pitch and has now got more than the really greats like Billy Wright and Bobby Moore.

History will just show the number of caps he gets and give an entirely false picture of who deserves to be respected as one of the all time greats. It really ticks me off.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This man needs a good bloody shave with a sharp razor blade. He looked like a werewolf when coming on as a substitute against Belarus at Wembley tonight.

Fabio Capello said that Beckham was "too tired" to play against Ukraine on Saturday. Beckham covered more than 6,500 miles flying from Los Angeles to London and then on to Ukraine to watch the game from the stands.

Because of his loan move to AC Milan for the first six months of this year he's been playing for the last 10 months without an extended break from football. (He played for Milan from January until May, then joined up with England for World Cup qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Andorra before heading back to America to join Galaxy's season in July.)

It seems that Beckham is hoping to return to the San Siro in January. I suspect that all those air miles (combined with the football he's played over the last 10 months) are starting to take their toll on Beckham's 34-year-old grotesquely tattooed body.

It's always been something of a mystery to me why so many women find this materialistic, inarticulate and hideously tattooed man attractive. But it's perhaps indicative of the society we live in these days - brain cells are regarded as less "sexy" than money. Our liberal media and poor standards of education contribute to the sickening selfish chav society we live in today where people like Beckham are regarded as "heroes", and intelligent people like the late Enoch Powell are treated with disdain.

If I was Fabio Capello I would not take Beckham to the World Cup. He's tired and he lacks pace. He plays for six months of the year in America where the standard of football is much lower than is required for top class International football.

Mr Capello should have said: "Goodnight, thank you and farewell" to Beckham a year ago.

Talking out of your arse again as usual Smiffy.

The MLS season finishes in November. Beckham can't play for Milan until January, and Serie A has a mid-winter break, meaning they won't start until near the middle of January.

He's going to have about six weeks break between finishing at LA Galaxy and playing for Milan. You could argue he'll be fresher than anyone come the World Cup. :wstu:

Beckham is the best player of his generation (english). I will never understand the view that he brings or has never brought anything to the table. I've never seen in my life to date a performance like Beckham V's Greece, he was immense.

The whole team played better, closed down better once he came on. He created chances once on the pitch and unlike all the speedsters we have can acctual produce an end product.

For me he's one of the first names on the plane.

how can anyone say beckham hasnt got anything? he has to have the best pass in the world at the moment and i doubt we will see anyone who can do the same in a long time. hell anyone who can hit a golf flag at 50 yards (might be more) has something special

Beckham is the best player of his generation (english). I will never understand the view that he brings or has never brought anything to the table. I've never seen in my life to date a performance like Beckham V's Greece, he was immense.

The whole team played better, closed down better once he came on. He created chances once on the pitch and unlike all the speedsters we have can acctual produce an end product.

For me he's one of the first names on the plane.

Don't agree with that at all! Gerrard, Scholes and Shearer (all roughly contemporus) have all had much more distinguished playing careers and are much better players imo.

Beckham has an incredible dead ball delivery, excellent crossing and passing, good fitness and works like a dog. An impressive set of talents. But he lacks the all round quality of those three imo who could win games on their own (although sadly - like Beckham - have done it too rarely for their country). Also out of the current lot I would say Rooney (obviously) is going to overshadow him, and Barry actually looks far more useful in a general sense than Golden Balls ever did, and Terry offers the team more.

One of the top recent England players certainly, a very respectable guy in my book, but eclipsed by other more effective individuals. If he was ten years younger now I still think he would be having real issues trying to hold onto his place ahead of SWP, Young, Lennon etc.

Terry offers the team more.

I've got to disagree with that. He's far too slow, has the turning circle of a cruise liner, and is lucky to be playing for a top team. As far as I'm concerned if he played for a team of our stature he'd get nowhere near the England team, and certainly wouldn't be captain.

I've got to disagree with that. He's far too slow, has the turning circle of a cruise liner, and is lucky to be playing for a top team. As far as I'm concerned if he played for a team of our stature he'd get nowhere near the England team, and certainly wouldn't be captain.

Really. IMO best defender England have had in years. A complete pr!ck mind, but consistently wins everything in the air and on the ground, and that's what you want.

Don't agree with that at all! Gerrard, Scholes and Shearer (all roughly contemporus) have all had much more distinguished playing careers and are much better players imo.

Beckham has an incredible dead ball delivery, excellent crossing and passing, good fitness and works like a dog. An impressive set of talents. But he lacks the all round quality of those three imo who could win games on their own (although sadly - like Beckham - have done it too rarely for their country). Also out of the current lot I would say Rooney (obviously) is going to overshadow him, and Barry actually looks far more useful in a general sense than Golden Balls ever did, and Terry offers the team more.

One of the top recent England players certainly, a very respectable guy in my book, but eclipsed by other more effective individuals. If he was ten years younger now I still think he would be having real issues trying to hold onto his place ahead of SWP, Young, Lennon etc.

Gerrard has never won a league, Scholes did not go to Real Madrid and be a ressounding success, Shearer for all his talent has one medal to Davids how many? Scholes is the only one who comes close to achieveing what David "Goldenballs" Beckham has, if he'd cut it in another country as well then it might be different (hang on why isn't Scholes still playing for England?). Gerrard has more often than not been a shadow of himself at international level, lampard and the rest as well. David carried them all at international level I'm not even going to comment on the barry gives more to the team part. People need to look past David the person and see David the Footballer

If Beckham was 25 again SWP, Young, Lennon et al would keep him out? I'm going to assume your kidding with that comment, pace isn't everything. In those days David was a 15 goal a season & 20 assists, scoring from the half way line (18/19 years old??) world class right midfielder not one of those has ever done that in a season or ever will. I'd also like to note that all those players have either failed at G14 clubs or never played for them, even at 35 AC Milan will have him in their 11 on saturdays soon (LA Glaxay aside he's always been at one of the european greats, why?). None of them will be playing at that level at that age.

When Walcotts fit again it won't be David that loses out it will be one of the others make no mistake. Capello rates him so highly.

I can't in my life time remember when I've ever heard about a player being finsihed so many times in his career, when he left United, Madrid and of course England. But, then yet again in yet another Pheonix from the flames impersonation David proved all the doubters wrong and more than proved his worth in his first spell at AC (aged 34/35). Just as he fought his way back into the England team when I'd like to add many would have just walked away. He loves proving all you doubters wrong and long may it continue.

I'd also like to add that David will always be available for his country as long as he plays (Because he loves playing for England), none of this I can't cope with international football as well rubbish, like some I could mention.

Jimmy Greaves calls for Beckham to be dropped

LINK HERE

Nice to know that Al and I are not the only ones who think David Beckham shouldn't go to the World Cup.

"hideously tattooed body"

God only knows what Sir Alf Ramsey would have thought about Beckham's hideous neck tattoo. I suspect that Ramsey would have been horrified by such a man pulling on the white shirt of England.

In my view anybody that has a tattoo on their face or neck is in need of either psychiatric help or needs to be locked up.

People like the hideous guy below on the left are turning their back on civilised society. We should turn our back on them too....

article-1193384-055E4FE3000005DC-456_306x481.jpg_40183941_becks300.jpg

Jimmy Greaves calls for Beckham to be dropped

God only knows what Sir Alf Ramsey would have thought about Beckham's hideous neck tattoo. I suspect that Ramsey would have been horrified by such a man pulling on the white shirt of England.

In my view anybody that has a tattoo on their face or neck is in need of either psychiatric help or needs to be locked up.

People like the hideous guy below on the left are turning their back on civilised society. We should turn our back on them too....

article-1193384-055E4FE3000005DC-456_306x481.jpg_40183941_becks300.jpg

Complete freaks the pair of them!

Really. IMO best defender England have had in years. A complete pr!ck mind, but consistently wins everything in the air and on the ground, and that's what you want.

Whaaa?

Campbell, Southgate, Adams, Pallister, Carragher and Keown were all better. I don't really know what you are saying when you say years so maybe you mean since Carragher retired from International football?

I wouldn't agree he is the best player of his generation as Shearer is unquestionably the best but he is certainly second and NO English player is the last 20 years has carried England through game breaking moments consistently like Beckham.

@dazmaz, while he is certainly the best passer England has to offer, Pirlo, Deco, Xavi, Alonso, Riquelme and Fabregas are phenoms.

how can anyone say beckham hasnt got anything? he has to have the best pass in the world at the moment and i doubt we will see anyone who can do the same in a long time. hell anyone who can hit a golf flag at 50 yards (might be more) has something special

Given enough goes, I reckon I could have hit that flag.

However, I do still rate Beckham. The match on Wednesday was spectacularly boring until the last half hour. Coincidence?

If we had 11 players as professional, dedicated and loyal to England as David Beckham we'd have won the World Cup by now (twice). Not including '66.

Archived