BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as Phil Jones goes, I wouldn't play him if Givet were available. He did an unbelievable job against Chelsea, but he is still very young and has a long way to go. He needs to be blooded in slowly and spend a long time around the first team squad. Look how Jonny Evans has come on under Fergie. 18 is very young for a defender, and I'd hate to see him make a mistake that destroys his confidence.

When the time comes that we have to sell Samba, hopefully he'll be the ready made replacement, but he needs time.

As much as it usually frustrates me, to see former players booed upon their return, I want everyone to boo Barry Ferguson.

The whimp jumped shipped when the going got tough and out of everyone who has left in recent times (Santa Cruz, Bentley, Duff, Warnock etc) he deserves the most hostile reception.

I'm even more ashamed to say he was our captain.

Bazza doesn't agree with you Rog:

I have nothing to prove

He reckons every Rovers fan will agree that he did well for us :unsure:.

He did well for us, until the injury. He's not been the same player since. He realised that he couldnt be the player he was when we paid £7.5m for him, and he took the easy way out.

He's doing well for Birmingham because he's a tidy footballer. He used to be an exceptional one.

He did well for us, until the injury. He's not been the same player since. He realised that he couldnt be the player he was when we paid £7.5m for him, and he took the easy way out.

Ironically, at the time, Souness had the choice of Ferguson or Arteta (who would've been the poifect successor to Tugay) but opted for the expensive Scot. He showed rare glimpses of the player who dominated the SPL, but he failed to stamp his authority on the pitch and before long the homesickness crept in.

Ferguson was an exceptional player when he joined us. Unfortunately, the injury he sustained with us hampered his career. He's still a good player and has proven he can cut it in the Premier League.

But he's still a dick for the way he left us.

Sorry yeah. No one would have argued with the statement that Ferguson was the better player. At the time he was much more accomplished than Arteta. Bear in mind Everton first took Arteta on loan, even Moyes didnt take the chance on him straight away.

1/1 home win at the bookies at present :rock: ......worth big money anyone?

Buying money?! I dunno, its a dodgy one - potential draw!

As for the attendance. 19.5k ST holders, 1k extra freebies + away fans (interestingly they were only given 2000) + walk-ons.....hopefully 24k+ attendance

I wonder if Sam will be tempted to rest a few, with the Burnley game looming? I hope not, because this is winnable game and 10th place is up for grabs.

I think there is a strong chance that will happen, though considering our shocking away form i would prefer us to get a win tonight and give us a boost going into the dingle game.

Team I would go for:-

--------------------Kalinic

--------------------Hoilett

-Diouf---Pedersen----Andrews--Emerton

Olsson----Jones---------Samba---Salgado

--------------------Brown

Hopefully get Basturk involved at some point. It would be good if Hoilett showed some quality as well.

I think we will start:

Brown

Salgado Samba Jones Olsson

Emerton Nzonzi Andrews

Diouf Pedderz

Niko

However would love to see:

Brown

Salgado Samba Jones Olsson

Diouf Nzonzi MGP Hoilett

Niko FDS

I feel 1-1 draw we take lead through kalinic - cant kill game off and bowyer or jerome score in last 20 to resue a point :( would take this to be hoest goin into burnley game with no new injury worries and get Niko and Dunny all guns blazing v scum only 4 days away :)

Some stats from sky.....looking at it, their key is Jerome! Whats the odds of a goal-less draw!? :lol:

Rovers have lost only one of their last 14 Premier League fixtures at Ewood Park, while the side playing at home has won the last seven meetings between these two sides.

They have enjoyed the upper-hand over Birmingham down the years, with City's last victory at Blackburn coming way back in January 1968 - 16 games ago.

Should Birmigham wish to secure a reversal in fortune this time around, the performance of Cameron Jerome could play a major role.

The hot-shot striker has netted five times in his last three appearances against Rovers and has been among the goals over recent weeks.

In fact, he has either scored (8) or assisted (2) 10 of City's last 15 league goals.

On a positive note for the neutral, just one of the 110 fixtures between the two sides in all competitions has ended goalless

Archived