BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to ask some members of the Church of Allardyce why exactly are Andrews and Diouf starting ahead of Emerton and Hoilett once again, but I do not expect an answer based on reason.

Because they played well last time out??

It's not an unusual stance for a manager to take.

I would like to ask some members of the Church of Allardyce why exactly are Andrews and Diouf starting ahead of Emerton and Hoilett once again, but I do not expect an answer based on reason.

Fair point on Andrews, although he was alright in the second half on Sunday, but Diouf did score on the weekend and showed a bit. Possibly might come off for Hoilett in the second half if he's not performing. I think Emerton's poor run of late has consigned him to the bench.

Speaking of the bench, Nelsen is there. Thought he was still a bit away? Perhaps just a precaution if Jones struggles.

I am no member of that congregation nor fans of those two, but Emerton has been sh!te all season and Junior has yet to direct a pass to a team-mate, so currently they are even less deserving of a start in my view.

I would like to ask why you rarely have a positive word to say about Rovers or Sam Allardyce but I do not expect any answer at all.

For the hard of learning such as yourself, if Rovers win the match the manager's selections are correct and justified.

As an Allardyce agnostic, I would say that the starting 11 that matched and outplayed Chelsea for large parts of the game thoroughly deserve to start the game on merit, even Andrews (and thats coming from a member of the facebook group "Keith Andrews is f'in s**")

Interesting stat, we haven't won any of the six that Nelsen hasn't played in this year. Coincidence? I know Chelsea was one of those games, but anyone know who the others were?

Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton away, City and Hammers home.

Edit: came from bench at Everton.

Good to see an unchanged team no matter who is in it- when was the last time we kept the same starting XI?

I was toast on here for slamming Allardyce towards the end of our bad run and I am no fan of Keith. But against Brum's strongest and best I wouldn't start Hoillett and Bert mark IV is a poor version of the Ib which disappointed so much... Keith managed to get smashed by the ball a lot against Chelsea whilst Diouf has put in some decent performances of late and a sub par effort against Chelski was more than compensated by the desire which won him the goal scoring header.

Great to see Phil Jones rewarded for Sunday's heroics whilst I suspect this game will turn on the Dunn v Wee Barry tussle.

Cheers, all fairly tough games then (with the exception of West Ham at home) so nothing too major there.

One other stat, Brum have won one of their last 28 visits to Ewood and the last one was 1968. I like that one more!

Reason would be Diouf scored against Chelsea and played well? Andrews played for 90 minutes against Chelsea too, do you change a side that has performed? Where is the reason in that? :wstu:

Archived