BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My eyesight is working no matter else might be wrong with me.

I posted that after absolutely sensational work by Salgado which ended with a pass to Andrews in acres of space who first touch lofted it out of play... with one minute of added time remaining it was a totally inane football decision by Andrews who I repeat is nowhere near Premier League class. Enormous kudos to him for trying incredibly hard but he's just not good enough.

Andrews was totally at fault for their goal irrespective of the ref giving the softest of soft free kicks.

You have something seriously wrong with you.

I don't think there is anything inaccurate with Philip's comment?

Anyway, very happy with tonight. Starting to feel positive again and full of hope for Sunday. Waiting to hear news on Dunny now.

4 points from the Chelsea-Brum double is great. Hopefully we can carry this in to Sunday, let's just hope that we can field a decent team.

Apparently it was Dunn's achilles not his calf, as a result of the clip from Ferguson.

That wasnt a clip, it was a cowards studs into his achilles with no intent to play the ball!! end of, should be banned for that, deliberate attempt to injure

That wasnt a clip, it was a cowards studs into his achilles with no intent to play the ball!! end of, should be banned for that, deliberate attempt to injure

Yeah I thought it was shocking too. Suprised about how physical Birmingham got.

Only saw the second half, but all in all a decent performance from everyone apart from Andrews who was shocking. NZonzi was much better. Dunn brilliant. Defence as a whole was incredibly solid. Diouf was very very good again (christ he has been up and down pretty epically all season). Thought Roberts and Hoilett did very well when they came on.

If we can good results over the next two then 10th is doable.

I don't think there is anything inaccurate with Philip's comment?

Anyway, very happy with tonight. Starting to feel positive again and full of hope for Sunday. Waiting to hear news on Dunny now.

No, Philip is correct. Andrews always puts in a shift, and he's always found wanting for the quality he does not have.

It's just that when the anti-Keith remarks are among the first post-match comments it annoys some people. Sometimes it's nice to focus on the big picture...like winning a match, being 11th in the table, etc.

My eyesight is working no matter else might be wrong with me.

I posted that after absolutely sensational work by Salgado which ended with a pass to Andrews in acres of space who first touch lofted it out of play... with one minute of added time remaining it was a totally inane football decision by Andrews who I repeat is nowhere near Premier League class. Enormous kudos to him for trying incredibly hard but he's just not good enough.

Andrews was totally at fault for their goal irrespective of the ref giving the softest of soft free kicks.

I'm not one to question or criticise Andrews comittment but when I saw him just boot the ball out like that under no pressure... it just confirmed to me he's an immensely lucky man to be playing in the Premier League.

They wouldn't protect the back of his legs. Looks like that's him for a while now. Do you think he'll be fit for the 'Villa game ?

I wasn't so making reference to his injury, but more because I'm completely dumbfounded as to how a player can apparently forget to put shin pads on?! I hoep the injury isn't too bad. He's shown tonight just hiow vital he is.

Just watching Football First - great goal, but was the game really this dull? Had to miss tonight as I've pulled my groin (no, not like that!), in the 20 mins I've been watching we've yet to do anything other than lump it aimlessly forward at every possible opportunity apart from one run and cross by Olsson. I know BFS favours the long-ball, but this is taking it to extremes - certainly not going to dispel any of the criticisms.

Anyway, good result even though it sounded from my mate like a very, very average performance (his text said "typical Big Sam win - no thrills and not much quality!")

Just hoping I'm gonna be OK for Sunday .... :unsure:

EDIT: Just as I post Dunny does one of his "look one way, pass it the other" manoeuvres and we nearly score.

This is NOT going to be the Keith Andrews love in, so if your a member of the KA Posse I dont want you blogging on about limitations, effort, pointing or the size of his ears.

Rovers got the win to make them safe and ensure yet another year of top flight football. Thanks to Dunny we got the 3 points although I am at a loss to explain just how Big Club and their massive away support didnt nick at least a point.

Rovers were not brilliant, and we were out gunned in midfield big time. There is one reason and I mean ONE REASON ONLY.

Before I explain, lets be grateful for the points and lets hope DD is not as badly injured as he might have been courtesy of 2 challenges in 2 minutes that deserved more than a yellow.

Now then, as I said NOT the KA Love in. Yes I know we hear every week how bad he is, how is this and that and how he tries etc, its monotonous, its boring but in his defence THE TRUTH HURTS. He cannot HEAD, he cannot PASS, he cannot TACKLE. In fact he brings chaos to Rovers centrally and gives the opposition far too much space.

Tonights game has emphasised that even more. Tonight KA took it upon himself to point out everyone who needed marking - good stuff however he failed to mark anyone at anytime, ran to the ball far too often leaving a bloody big hole in the central midfield. To add to his non performance, he also decided to take free kicks from inside our own half. A good way to get involved howeveer Keith failed to relasie that by doing this that hole as pfeviously described was even more exposed. Far too many times did Brum put the ball through the gap in the middle, the exact place where our Keith should have been.

His efforts at heading were poor. His ball watching is brilliant if you consider that as a plus point however he cannot read a game of football, I doubt he can read a book ! His passing, as short as it is was awful and any long efforts were simply trash.

I will no doubt attract adverse comments from KA Posse but please watch the game on Footie First and see if you can highlight any positives.

Sam, you cannot dare to play ANdrews at t'urd moor. Even Burnley will have seen how much space they can have in the middle by playing this lad in the central berth. I would rather that you played a smurf or one of the muppets from fraggle rock than send Andrews out into the fray.

As for Brown, well he did a fantastic effort in mimicking Robbo versus Chelsea when he gifted them a last minute equaliser in the cup its just that big club were so poor they didnt get the goal that would have given them a point.

BTW Phil. Your glasses work perfectly well, I just wish the KA Posse would get themselves off to specsavers and take clattenburg with them !

• Backroom

Great win, crap game for most of it but who gives a damn.

-For me MOTM by a mile was NZonzi, superb tonight.

-Great goals by Dunny but he was struggling before his knock, at one stage he stood offside for about 2 minutes it seemed. Needs to learn to keep things simple at times instead of the World Class option, he seems to believe he's better than he is. Good shift by him tonight though lets hope the injury isn't too bad.

-Moment of the night for me was Salgado at the end that was brilliant

- as for the subs, Hoillet was really good until his final ball, Roberts offered us more tonight than Niko did but Emerton didn't seem to interested in closing the ball down

- Brown may have done better with the goal but made a outstanding save in the first half and dealt with some awkward balls

Job done, bring on the dingles

Just saw their goal on Football First, a shambles from start to finish. Softest free kick you will see, the wall looked awful from start to finish, Brown never set himself up properly, and Andrews looked like he was diving away from a grenade, which considering one of the more positive parts of his game is normally throwing himself in front of kicks that's abysmal.

Oh and that's a clear penalty for us in the lead up to our goal, Carr nearly palmed the thing out.

Oh and Ferguson you are a (*$#%

Two reflections.

Great to see Rovers really raise their game after the equalizer and play pretty well the first team of Brum off the park from then on.

The ref's bias gave Brum license to be absolutely filthy which they took full advantage of. Ferguson's assault on Dunn should have been red carded.

Just watching Football First - great goal, but was the game really this dull? Had to miss tonight as I've pulled my groin (no, not like that!), in the 20 mins I've been watching we've yet to do anything other than lump it aimlessly forward at every possible opportunity apart from one run and cross by Olsson. I know BFS favours the long-ball, but this is taking it to extremes - certainly not going to dispel any of the criticisms.

Anyway, good result even though it sounded from my mate like a very, very average performance (his text said "typical Big Sam win - no thrills and not much quality!")

Just hoping I'm gonna be OK for Sunday .... :unsure:

EDIT: Just as I post Dunny does one of his "look one way, pass it the other" manoeuvres and we nearly score.

Yes it was very dull. Roberts pulled off the Davies role and brought Diouf/Pedersen and Dunn into the game, which was the reason we won.

As for Birmingham, what a bunch of petulant sods. Ferguson being the chief culprit - if the FA were competent (they're not) he'd be facing a 4 match ban for that foul on Dunn. He did Andrews earlier too as retribution for Keith nobbling him.

Yes it was very dull. Roberts pulled off the Davies role and brought Diouf/Pedersen and Dunn into the game, which was the reason we won.

As for Birmingham, what a bunch of petulant sods. Ferguson being the chief culprit - if the FA were competent (they're not) he'd be facing a 4 match ban for that foul on Dunn. He did Andrews earlier too as retribution for Keith nobbling him.

Just seen Ferguson's foul - nasty, sneaky tw*t. Could clearly see him shouting "f**k off you fat c**t" on telly to someone - BFS or Dunny? ;)

Archived