BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election

203 members have voted

1. 1. In the general election I intend to vote ....

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Lib Dem
    • BNP
    • UKIP
    • Independent
    • Other Party
    • Nobody, I intend to spoil my paper
    • Nobody, I am eligible to vote but don't intend to
    • Nobody, I am not eligible to vote

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to be quite interesting in the next few weeks. With the GDP figures due to be released towards the end of the month, showing how much the economy has grown, it may have an impact on who our next PM will be. With the live debates to be aired on ITV, BBC and Sky, it certainly will reveal a lot about the people who will run our country for the next few years.

Never in nearly thirty years of voting have I felt so demoralised, so peed off, by what the candidates and Westminster as a whole stands for.

Only fools vote Tory, New labour, or Lib Dem, such is their collective sham.

Better still is the fact that apparently I now reside in the Ribble Valley...... rather than South Ribble, or even Preston. No, my MP for Farington is based in Longridge. He's really gonna give a crap about us isnt he......

Never in nearly thirty years of voting have I felt so demoralised, so peed off, by what the candidates and Westminster as a whole stands for.

Are you going to vote out of interest? despite your obvious unhappiness, will you still make a trip to the polls. And if so what do you make the basis of your decision on?

I'm with you there Jal. Brown has survived so many crises to his leadership through numerous instances of scandal, incompetence, sleaze etc etc that the public have become as punch drunk to that as they are to food scares. It can be the only reason that he is still registering in the polls. He must be a megalominiac cos he's so thick skinned that he's casually but repeatedly brushed off what so many PM's post war would have fallen on their swords for.

The other leaders elect are so bad that if they had anything about them they'd be streets in front of him. The whole political shabang is dirty and so full of avarice and greed and succeeed whatever the cost mentality that it stinks to high heaven.

Our democracy needs killing off.

I'm with you there Jal. Brown has survived so many crises to his leadership through numerous instances of scandal, incompetence, sleaze etc etc that the public have become as punch drunk to that as they are to food scares. It can be the only reason that he is still registering in the polls. He must be a megalominiac cos he's so thick skinned that he's casually but repeatedly brushed off what so many PM's post war would have fallen on their swords for.

The other leaders elect are so bad that if they had anything about them they'd be streets in front of him. The whole political shabang is dirty and so full of avarice and greed and succeeed whatever the cost mentality that it stinks to high heaven.

Our democracy needs killing off.

True Theno, change for the better has to be, far, far, more, than just changing from New Labour to either Tory or Lib Dem.

THE SAME PEOPLE seem to be behind either of these three main parties just waiting to carry on taking the p*sh out of us all .

I just hope the Tories dont get it.... all for the rich them lot!

If that is the case why not get rich? :rolleyes:

BUT

After the revelations of the expenses scandal I'm assuming that you are joking Hughesy. Put aside your ingrained political bias for a minute and you'll find it's obvious that the majority of politicians are not all for the rich at all..... they are all for themselves! And thats the truth of it. :angry2:

It's going to be mercifully short is all I have to say

Truth of the matter is that if we all go to sleep for a year and when we wake and without reading the papers or watching TV no one would be able to tell which party is in power. The last government ensured that there is a huge debt burden to repay and it's us who will have it to pay.

There'll be lots of talk about voter apathy this year as most voters are simply sick and tired of them all, their lies and behaviour. There's also no real difference in either main party. Remember Voting will only encourage them!

Truth of the matter is that if we all go to sleep for a year and when we wake and without reading the papers or watching TV no one would be able to tell which party is in power. The last government ensured that there is a huge debt burden to repay and it's us who will have it to pay.

There'll be lots of talk about voter apathy this year as most voters are simply sick and tired of them all, their lies and behaviour. There's also no real difference in either main party. Remember Voting will only encourage them!

That's probably all very true except for the last sentence. If you're implying people should not vote you could not be more wrong. We live in a democracy for which millions have given their lives at one time or another. We are very privileged to have the freedoms we enjoy. Not voting casts scorn on that freedom.

Not having a go at you Gordon but anyone who doesn't vote should not complain about the government we get. You have your chance, take it.

If that is the case why not get rich? :rolleyes:

BUT

After the revelations of the expenses scandal I'm assuming that you are joking Hughesy. Put aside your ingrained political bias for a minute and you'll find it's obvious that the majority of politicians are not all for the rich at all..... they are all for themselves! And thats the truth of it. :angry2:

Exactly.

Too much politics of envy in this country and not enough of aspiration,

Im working on it.

I knew it would get a reaction....

Who you voting for?

Well my first thought is no one cos I'm in Blackburn and it makes no difference so on the off chance that I'll end up voting on the day then it will be Jack Straw and New Labour I'd imagine.

Blackburn and the country have been bollaxed of course but my industry is thriving and the profitability is miles better now that Browns screwed the economy to such a state and the value of the pound has plummeted. :tu: I love the recession. We can fight imports and make more margins than we have for a long time. Labours been unbelievably sh1t for the country and of course the general public and they have set us back economically to the pre Thatcher days of the 70's, but conversely the trading conditions now are so much better for many manufacturing and production industries.

On the down side holidays and other imports cost a bit more but who cares? The rest is all gain. :tu:

you'll find it's obvious that the majority of politicians are not all for the rich at all..... they are all for themselves! And thats the truth of it. :angry2:

Never a truer word said!

I'm swaying between being a ABG (Anyone But Gordon) and voting for whatever minority party takes my fancy on the day.

If the vote for the two main parties ebbs away, we might see some real change in this country. Politicians have it far too cushy, they're not sufficiently held to account.

Well my first thought is no one cos I'm in Blackburn and it makes no difference so on the off chance that I'll end up voting on the day then it will be Jack Straw and New Labour I'd imagine.

Blackburn and the country have been bollaxed of course but my industry is thriving and the profitability is miles better now that Browns screwed the economy to such a state and the value of the pound has plummeted. :tu: I love the recession. We can fight imports and make more margins than we have for a long time. Labours been unbelievably sh1t for the country and of course the general public and they have set us back economically to the pre Thatcher days of the 70's, but conversely the trading conditions now are so much better for many manufacturing and production industries.

On the down side holidays and other imports cost a bit more but who cares? The rest is all gain. :tu:

What is it you do that has been made so much better by the recession?

Archived