BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Messageboard Meetup

Hello all,

I've been a member for longer than this profile suggests and I've never seen word of a meetup.

Has this ever happened? Was it a disaster? Is it a sure way to create a 'bar brawl'?

Would there be any interest in sorting something out or not?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have had the honour or meeting up with Ricky and his gorgeous girl, also Brian Gallagher, RIML and SAS(Scott) - not sure if I have met anyone else on here!

B_M_F, over on official msgboards, we tried organising a north v south match every season (usually last home game) and drinks afters. Was really good fun and had the opportunity to meet loads of rovers fans including some from Ireland and other parts of the UK

Would be great if the same thing was done on here, would love to see the faces behind the names/posts

Funny you should bring this up BPF, I was just wondering if what Eoin has mentioned would work on here as the last few attempts on the official boards haven't really taken off. I think that it was tried before once here with a match between each board but didn't get too far.

Anyway I'd like to try and get this idea off the ground here and see what interest there is.....and yes the last time the official board met there was a mini pub and club "brawl" in both the Postal and Liquid :lol:

Have had the honour or meeting up with Ricky and his gorgeous girl, also Brian Gallagher, RIML and SAS(Scott) - not sure if I have met anyone else on here!

Lol, she'll be happy with that description, she always tells me I'm punching above my weight :P

I've been fortunate enough to meet quite a lot of people off here over the years. We used to try to have the occasional meet up in Blues Bar after some games. Also travelled with people off here for European games so I have had the pleasure of Scotty threatening to lock me in a bathroom for being too happy in the morning!! charming!

Many a drunken session with various people on here..... I won't share the stories lol.

I'd be up for a catch up with everyone again.

I've met loads of you, but I have to admit it's many many years since we organised a proper meet up, but the membership was a lot smaller back then so it was easier to do. Last one I attended I ran out of petrol on the way and lost Beta Ray Billy down a hole.

It would be nice to bring The Grooby's back too, although we should probably get a more professional engraver this time (I'm not sure Thenodrog ever believed us that the typo on his award wasn't intentional).

Trouble is, organising that stuff takes time and effort, time and effort which are now spent on things like keeping the forum running.

A for a couple of years, many moons ago, we used to meet up (christmas and end of season)after a game in the Blues Bar.

End of season meetings used include the presentation of the Grooby Awards.

And some of us gained stalkers because of it. ;)

I've met loads of you, but I have to admit it's many many years since we organised a proper meet up, but the membership was a lot smaller back then so it was easier to do. Last one I attended I ran out of petrol on the way and lost Beta Ray Bill down a hole.

It would be nice to bring The Grooby's back too, although we should probably get a more professional engraver this time (I'm not sure Thenodrog ever believed us that the typo on his award wasn't intentional).

Trouble is, organising that stuff takes time and effort, time and effort which are now spent on things like keeping the forum running.

Yep, thanks to Glenn's assurance that a red flashing light on his dashboard and a siren wailing "out of petrol, refill now!" was no cause for concern, I almost ended up buried alive.

I miss the get togethers.

On things like what?

Get more mods or techy people helping then!

'Twas me Hughesy.

Was it Bazza you was with too? Cant remember.

I don't think I've ever been to a Rovers game without meeting up with a member of this messageboard.

I sit next to Bellamy11, and usually stay over at cn174's house. You can only join our gang if your messageboard name contains a combination of letters and numbers. It's the rules.

Archived