BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Malcolm Allison has died.

den

Guest Walkerite

Rodney Marsh was on Talksport this afternoon. He said That Allison was one of the pioneers behind fitness and diets for footballers. He also said he was a man of the people. He fondly recalled a time when Allison turned up for training on a bus because he lost his car in a game of poker the night before. A true legend of the game and will be sadly missed!

Rodney Marsh was on Talksport this afternoon. He said That Allison was one of the pioneers behind fitness and diets for footballers. He also said he was a man of the people. He fondly recalled a time when Allison turned up for training on a bus because he lost his car in a game of poker the night before. A true legend of the game and will be sadly missed!

I remember him at Ewood in 1974 when we were going for promotion and Palace were our rivals. Peter Taylor was mugged in the penalty area in the last few minutes and a stone-wall pen wasn't given. Allison was practically on the pitch he was so enraged, crowd hurling abuse at him, fantastic atmosphere and we hung on for a lucky draw. I think over 17000 there but could be wrong.

Couldn't cut it at City when he made some bewildering buys but a great character. RIP.

I remember him at Ewood in 1974 when we were going for promotion and Palace were our rivals. Peter Taylor was mugged in the penalty area in the last few minutes and a stone-wall pen wasn't given. Allison was practically on the pitch he was so enraged, crowd hurling abuse at him, fantastic atmosphere and we hung on for a lucky draw. I think over 17000 there but could be wrong.

Couldn't cut it at City when he made some bewildering buys but a great character. RIP.

13,623 for the home match-more than 17,000 for the away game.

Allison signed Tony Book from Bath City at the age of 31, and made him City captain ! Different era, very different people.

Sorry to be pedantic Jim but Tony Book was at Plymouth Argyle when City signed him. He had previously played for Bath City in non league football though. What a good solid player. I remember seeing the very good Mercer/Allison Man City team tear us apart at Ewood in a F.A. Cup tie in the late 1960's. If you can still find it read his coaching book- " Football for Beginners " I think it was called- very interesting. Rest In Peace Mal.