BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 4000 Holes - Issue 79

If you can't get down to Ewood on Monday night but want a copy of 4000 Holes, you can order your copy here >>> click

The extra 50p on top of the cover price covers the 10% commission I have to pay the site owner, plus our good friends at PayPal.

Just as a matter of interest jwu how many of those are sold? I used to buy them, and enjoy them when they first came out but I dropped off some time ago when I found it had became a rather tedious read.

To be honest with you old chap, I haven't got a clue as I am not involved directly with 4000 Holes. I just offered to sell the fanzine on the website so that it could be offered to a wider readership. I'm not making any money from it either ... 'The Big Society' springs to mind :rover:

It descended into page after page of Dingle bashing.

That guy from the Goonies... In a Burnley shirt

Zak Dingle... In a Burnley shirt

etc etc

Don't get me wrong, a fanzine should be fun and full of banter, but it can be more- away day reports, bygone eras, cult heroes etc etc

Hi guys, I'm the one who's taken over design.

Trying to arrest a decline in sales with the redesign and a bit of publicity - got something in Telegraph and set up a Facebook - search 4,000 Holes - and a Twitter - @roversfanzine.

As for Dingle bashing, there's only one page in this issue that targets our six-fingered cousins. Anyway, if you do pick one up please let us know what you think either on here or Facebook, etc.

Apparently we aim for four issues a year - so hopefully should be three more to come, I'll post when I know these dates.

If you can't get down to Ewood on Monday night but want a copy of 4000 Holes, you can order your copy here >>> click

The extra 50p on top of the cover price covers the 10% commission I have to pay the site owner, plus our good friends at PayPal.

I just offered to sell the fanzine on the website so that it could be offered to a wider readership. I'm not making any money from it either ... 'The Big Society' springs to mind :rover:

I didn't want to step on your money making schemes (although we did get several "can he advertise on here, like that" quires) , but if you're genuinely not making on it, talk to me at the next fans forum, I have a way of doing it via BRFCS that wouldn't involve 10% going to some random programme selling website (going to BRFCS instead :D ).

I didn't want to step on your money making schemes (although we did get several "can he advertise on here, like that" quires) , but if you're genuinely not making on it, talk to me at the next fans forum, I have a way of doing it via BRFCS that wouldn't involve 10% going to some random programme selling website (going to BRFCS instead :D ).

Haha. For the record, 4,000 Holes is not for profit, too. Proceeds pay for printing and any surplus goes to charity - this season we're supporting the Homeless World Cup.

A good idea Glenn,I must admit I haven`t bought one in years and tbh I can`t think of a reason why! :blush:

However I will make a conscientious effort to support this mag,starting with tonight,and I hope others will do too. :tu:

A good idea Glenn,I must admit I haven`t bought one in years and tbh I can`t think of a reason why! :blush:

However I will make a conscientious effort to support this mag,starting with tonight,and I hope others will do too. :tu:

I haven't bought it for years either. I found a boxful of mint condition 4000 holes in the attic this weekend. Every issue from No1 through to about 25-30. They are an absolute scream, hilarious. Trouble is the mag lost its way and the humour died. Banter is fine but the dingle baiting isn't remotely funny.

Still if there is an attempt to revitalise it I'll buy one tonight

Hi Glenn

Didn't mean to cause offence and I'm geninely not making on it - can send you a breakdown of the figures by e-mail. PM me details of how to do it on BRFCS and we can get the ball rolling ASAP.

Andy

Seem to remember a single issue of a Rovers fanzine called 'Beamo' that I picked up at an away game (Bradford) in the early 90's. Anybody else remember it? .... and if so were there any further issues?

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived