BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] xbox or ps3?

Just a quickie :unsure:

I`m thinking of purchasing a games console, but don`t know which one to go for.

xbox or ps3?

I like the look of fifa11 & also like the odd shoot em up, but haven`t owned a console for yonks.

What would you buy? :huh:

(btw....we`ve got a wii, but it never sees the light of day)

You could have started a war here!

If you want it purely as a gaming machine then it's hard to justify the extra cost of a PS3 over the Xbox. A bit more money does buy a better machine in the PS3 though, plus playing online is free.

To be honest, console wars are nothing like they used to be. Almost every title is multi-platform nowadays, there is only the odd exclusive on either side.

PS3 for me....Iv had both & now only have PS3.

3D capabilities already built in

Dont seem to die as often as Xboxs

Free online with no limits on swearing etc

Blueray

Better controllers

Make less noise

Agree with the above. PS3 for me as well. Plus it has Uncharted 2 which is absolutely amazing.

Blueray

Better controllers

Make less noise

lol. How old are you?

But yeah, PS3 would get my vote. Of course, it depends on what games you're looking for.

lol. How old are you?

You say 1 swear word on xbox & you can get banned - thats my point!

Its easy to say FFS in a game, or barsteward etc. Not swearing at your opponent, just random frustration...to be banned for that is pathetic, but DOES happen on xbox.

Blueray

Better controllers

Make less noise

To add balance:

3D capabilities already built in - Whoopdy doo - spend another £1500 on a TV to see

Dont seem to die as often as Xboxs - But seems to be happening more and more often and new XBOX's don't seem to be having the same issues any more

Free online with no limits on swearing etc - Free online I'll give you, but swearing?

Blueray - It's Blu-ray, but I'll give it to you

Better controllers - depends where you're coming from. Some people say the xbox has the best

Make less noise - Been fixed (supposedly) in the new version.

You say 1 swear word on xbox & you can get banned - thats my point!

Its easy to say FFS in a game, or barsteward etc. Not swearing at your opponent, just random frustration...to be banned for that is pathetic, but DOES happen on xbox.

That's complete and utter nonsense. Who has this happened to?

Blueray

Better controllers

Make less noise

Agree entirely - PS3 every time.

Cheers guys :tu:

It`s looking like the PS3 has got the edge at the moment.

On the plus side for the xbox, the gf`s son has one & has a fair few games.

I`ve had a PS & a PS2 in the past & enjoyed them, but not had a working console for years.

On a different note, i`ve still got a megadrive (lol) boxed & everything (with games) somewhere in the house. Could it become a collectors item somewhere down the line? or do i just chuck it out? :huh:

At least 5 people who I know personally...they couldnt even believe it when they got banned from live for it.

4 now have ps3's - 1 is stuck with an xbox and no live

I can't believe it either. Seriously, they must have done something else too - like modding their consoles or sending loads of racist messages to children.

I've never heard of anyone being banned for swearing. Half the population of Modern Warfare and Halo would be banned. I'd have been banned years ago.

Also, regarding the point about 3D TVs earlier, both consoles support them.

PS3 all the way for me just for the simple reasons that many have already stated, the main point is that if your slightly older the PS3 seems to attract the older end of the market and you dont have as many 10 year old in games screaming nonsense.

The fact that PS3 is free to play online is also huge for me, its not the cost of XBOX live that burns me its the fact that I have to pay twice for my internet to play games I just find over the top.

Also one more point, I own a XBOX and PS3 and my son owns an XBOX when we both play the XBOX at the same time we get problems with NAT types and connections to my router which loads more people have problems with too, on the PS3 I get no such problems.

A lot of people will give advice without owning both machines, based on their own preference, I can say owning both that the PS3 is a much better machine.

• Backroom

I can't believe it either. Seriously, they must have done something else too - like modding their consoles or sending loads of racist messages to children.

I've never heard of anyone being banned for swearing. Half the population of Modern Warfare and Halo would be banned. I'd have been banned years ago.

Also, regarding the point about 3D TVs earlier, both consoles support them.

Yep I bet it was around the time of the mass banning for modded consoles.

In fact more people should be banned IMO Live is rife with racism.

5 people banned for swearing seems ludicrous.

I prefer my 360 as a games console and my PS3 for everything else plus Uncharted and Heavy Rain.

Yep I bet it was around the time of the mass banning for modded consoles.

In fact more people should be banned IMO Live is rife with racism.

5 people banned for swearing seems ludicrous.

I prefer my 360 as a games console and my PS3 for everything else plus Uncharted and Heavy Rain.

They only two games I have bought on the PS3 in the last year are Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2. I use it for blu-rays and iplayer etc. mostly.

I just prefer playing on the Xbox.

Just a curious question. How can people prefer an xbox or ps3 as a gaming console? I have a ps3 and prefer them to Xbox's due to its looks, I prefer the controllers, blue ray and free online. But as for playing games on, most of the games are the same with the same levels, online play etc. So how can they be much different for gaming?

Just a curious question. How can people prefer an xbox or ps3 as a gaming console? I have a ps3 and prefer them to Xbox's due to its looks, I prefer the controllers, blue ray and free online. But as for playing games on, most of the games are the same with the same levels, online play etc. So how can they be much different for gaming?

Personally for me, it comes down to the controller. The bumpers and the triggers of the xbox are just more comfortable to be for the style of games I'm used to playing. It's not the games themselves, you're right they are very similar.

Personally for me, it comes down to the controller. The bumpers and the triggers of the xbox are just more comfortable to be for the style of games I'm used to playing. It's not the games themselves, you're right they are very similar.

Although most head-to-head comparisons give the Xbox the edge.

• Backroom

I prefer the controller and if I want to play online the people I know that do play on the 360 so if a game is multiplatform I'll go for 360. Plus achievements are better than trophies.

Archived