BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stars & Their Cars

What happened to this then? We only saw the MGP episode ....

Did the the club decide it was a bit crass and cancel it? It did feel a bit insensitive when you've go people struggling in a recession only to have Pedersen rubbing it in about his BMW X6. And I think that's only his second car cos he definitely has or did have up until recently a red Ferrari 360 - my brother lived in The Egde in Manchester and MGP has one of the penthouses.

• Backroom

The club recieved a couple of complaints highlighting the points you made. It will be continued in print but not on the big screen for now.

Apparently the idea was to ask players various questions whilst in their cars in the vein of 'teammates' on Soccer AM as in who is the worst passenger to have in the car etc but due to it being hard to hear it didn't come across easily and didn't look too good.

My Nigerian friend at work says its an African thing, and they love to be flash and have a flamboyant lifestyle. Hence Obi Martins' allegedly blowing his wages as soon as he got them at Newcastle. He also mentioned some story about Babayaro's lifestyle as well, but that might be libelous to ention.

Ha ha! Why not? Our players are part of Rovers and should be fan friendly. Whilst I do agree that the type of earnings some players have are a bit out of hand, I'm still interested in how they spend it. It's not their fault people pay them daft money. They don't generally seem to flaunt it about like some - I'll leave Dioufy out of this because Dioufy is Dioufy and he does like his bit of bling, but having said that he does do a fair bit of charity work.

Fair play to the modern footballer. You get the contracts, you spend the cash how you want.

However, us down and outs don't need it rubbed in our faces at half time- especially if we are losing and some half arsed performances have been witnessed.

Ha ha! Why not? Our players are part of Rovers and should be fan friendly. Whilst I do agree that the type of earnings some players have are a bit out of hand, I'm still interested in how they spend it. It's not their fault people pay them daft money. They don't generally seem to flaunt it about like some - I'll leave Dioufy out of this because Dioufy is Dioufy and he does like his bit of bling, but having said that he does do a fair bit of charity work.

They've all got Bentley Continental GTs.

Whilst I do agree that the type of earnings some players have are a bit out of hand, I'm still interested in how they spend it. It's not their fault people pay them daft money.

It it not? I must be imagining all these cases of players (albeit led by agents, but they're happy to let it be and look for these kinds of agents) holding out for astronomical wages all the time. Personally I don't care how they spend it, but am increasingly disillusioned by how they earn it.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived