BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn Testimonial?

duffbear

I think the idea of Testimonials in this day and age is outdated. In days gone by it was a way to reward a player for loyal service to their club and to help set them up for their future career (shop / pub etc commonly) when they still had to find a job outside football. These days they will have earned more than enough to live comfortably for the rest of their days.

It is nice for the fans to be able to pay tribute for a long serving player but any cash raised should go to local charities as was the case with Nial Quinn or, more recently, Jamie Carragher.

I think the idea of Testimonials in this day and age is outdated. In days gone by it was a way to reward a player for loyal service to their club and to help set them up for their future career (shop / pub etc commonly) when they still had to find a job outside football. These days they will have earned more than enough to live comfortably for the rest of their days.

It is nice for the fans to be able to pay tribute for a long serving player but any cash raised should go to local charities as was the case with Nial Quinn or, more recently, Jamie Carragher.

I agree with what you are saying but do we know what the official rules are for getting a testimonial or is it just up to the club.

I think Dunny and the fans deserve to see a testimonial and agree what you said about him probably not needing the money but know a lot of players donate the money to chartiy or a portion of it and everyone's a winner.

Talented and very rich lad, but if he has a testimonial then he'll prob pull a hamstring or similar and not play. Alternatively if he manages to stay fit then I'll definitely pull a hamstring and not go. <_<

** Just as a rider to that if Tugay makes an appearence then I'll change my mind about going.

• Backroom

Let's hope not, he obviously has talent but looks unfit and overweight and always just a sprint away from an injury.

If I was a betting man I'd bet on him missing most of the Christmas period. He seems to be injured almost every year around this time.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived