BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dawn Of A New Era

What about slagging off a very good chairman? Or does that not apply? :)

Williams made a hash of replacing Hughes with the Ince debacle and flunked the decision to sack Souness who made the decision for him by jumping ship to Newcastle. However, overall he did a good job and I changed my mind over him over time - as I've explained many times.

Your continuing U-turns and denials over Sam and Venky's don't do you any favours. You need to read this.

Walter-Mitty.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite.

If we were all neutrals in this whole Allardyce scenario, then this part of my previous post couldn't be denied, could it? --

"sacking a successful manager in order to show how that particular set of players could play "entertaining" football, was a huge and unnecessary risk for a club with little money".

So the question is - why can't some people accept that? I know why.

errr......

you wanted a change in manager, when you never actually watched the team and which resulted in relegation.

You won the debate?

:D

When will people realise that he wasn't sacked for his style. The reasons they gave then were lies just like every time they talk.

Have it your own way Walter. You've twisted and and turned so many times with your arguments you head is well and truly stuck up your derriere.

None of which you came close to proving.

Thanks for playing!

When will people realise that he wasn't sacked for his style. The reasons they gave then were lies just like every time they talk.

You're quite right. Whatever we thought of him, even if we'd all agreed he was the greatest manager since sliced bread, he was still going to be sacked because he didn't fit the blueprint they were sold/ he would have stood for none of their nonsense/he wanted control of signings (with the approval of the then board)/he wasn't anderson's client/ he wasn't Steve Kean/a combination of all of those and anything else you can think of. We, the fans who wanted rid and those who wanted to keep and all those who didn't really mind his sacking too much but would have only got rid if someone well-qualified to take over was coming in and all other shades of opinion anywhere around those counted for absolutely nothing, just like now. The plan was to pot him asap after takeover. whose plan it was and who manipulated whom to make it happen may be open to debate but we all have a pretty clear idea of the chain of command

You're quite right. Whatever we thought of him, even if we'd all agreed he was the greatest manager since sliced bread, he was still going to be sacked because he didn't fit the blueprint they were sold/ he would have stood for none of their nonsense/he wanted control of signings (with the approval of the then board)/he wasn't anderson's client/ he wasn't Steve Kean/a combination of all of those and anything else you can think of. We, the fans who wanted rid and those who wanted to keep and all those who didn't really mind his sacking too much but would have only got rid if someone well-qualified to take over was coming in and all other shades of opinion anywhere around those counted for absolutely nothing, just like now. The plan was to pot him asap after takeover. whose plan it was and who manipulated whom to make it happen may be open to debate but we all have a pretty clear idea of the chain of command

Don't talk crazy. We've suffered 18 months of agony because a bunch of fans thought Sam's football was turd. Don't obfuscate matters with your sense and rationale.

The art of good management, football, business or whatever, is utilising the staff and financial budgets as well as you possibly can, in Mark Hughes and Sam Allardyce, they were the very best we could hope for in our situation.

Even Souness needed cash to spend, in Kean we have a manager who is totally unable to do any of those things, no experience to evaluate the situation and even worse, spouts total drivel and lies at each interview or press conference.

Like writing off Mark Hughes - nothing sound about that reasoning and thinking.

And you only wrote Venky's off because you're a xenophobe and as a result it was instinctive. Sweet FA to do with 'excellent reasons and sound thinking' Alf.

I take it your definition of a xenophobe is somebody perceptive with reliable intuition? If not then you need to tread carefully.

Moving on, you appear to know and understand my 'reasoning and thinking' re: Mark Hughes so would you mind explaining it for everybody's benefit?

I thought Theno's xenophobia was established long before the invasion of the chicken people.

Xenophobia eh? You're a sweaty..... how far do you and your lot trust the English Maj?

Absolutely Maj, I've never said he was. The discussion is brought about because some fans were actually daft enough to want him sacking because of "his style".

But the noble Trust and the good people at Rothschild would never sell us out.

Ah Toppers.... the 'Blame culture' personified. Always the fault of others isn't it? How about blaming Jack Walker himself? There must lie the real blame. If Jack had left us alone and stayed home counting his money we'd still be playing in the lower leagues on a sh1t pitch with sh1t players in a ramshackle 3 sided stadium and we'd never ever have heard of Steve Kean and the slumdogs. :tu:

Please try to retain some dignity and grow up.

Here we go again. It's either Barcelona or pub football - there's no middle ground. :rolleyes:

It's taken a long time but you are definitely getting the drift mark. Since our resources dwindled in 2007 causing Hughes to leave the sinking ship and over the past 4 years we've tried the pub football way once and we've tried the Barcelona way twice. Guess which worked best with our players? In fact the Barca route would have seen us relegated twice but for Allardyce replacing Ince.

Now please refrain from banging on about getting O'Neill or Jol cos neither would have risked their reputations coming here with our finances. Actions do speak louder than words.

Xenophobia eh? You're a sweaty..... how far do you and your lot trust the English Maj?

That's based on centuries of invasion and oppression. Xenophobia is unreasonable fear or mistrust of foreigners. If Venky's were British and made those bold and outlandish statements at the start of their reign you would of probably been willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

That's based on centuries of invasion and oppression. Xenophobia is unreasonable fear or mistrust of foreigners. If Venky's were British and made those bold and outlandish statements at the start of their reign you would of probably been willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

exclamation.gif

exclamation.gif

I've been drinking.

jim mk2 - "The fact is we had a proven Premier League manager at the club but that wasn't enough for the playstation generation who THINKS football is some sort of entertainment." - should be think obviously. But that would have been incredibly pedantic to call someone on a grammatical or spelling error on a football forum.

I take it your definition of a xenophobe is somebody perceptive with reliable intuition? If not then you need to tread carefully.

Moving on, you appear to know and understand my 'reasoning and thinking' re: Mark Hughes so would you mind explaining it for everybody's benefit?

Errrr, no. Xenophobia - "an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange". If the cap fits and all that.

Moving on, I have no idea why you wrote Mark Hughes off, certainly the more clued up on football matters weren't so foolish. Perhaps your xenophobia extends to the Welsh too?

Generation is a collective noun and is most commonly used in the singular. Sorry.

Agree with the first part which one looks the most right to you?

- but that wasn't enough for the playstation generation who THINKS football is some sort of entertainment.

- but that wasn't enough for the playstation generation who THINK football is some sort of entertainment.

I know which one I think does. And is the original post sarcasm or what? Football isn't meant to be entertaining? Why did you start watching it in the 1st place?

Like writing off Mark Hughes - nothing sound about that reasoning and thinking.

Moving on, I have no idea why you wrote Mark Hughes off,

Kinell! You openly profess to know my reasons then you freely admit you don't. Typical of an individual with a closed mind. I bet your school teachers were extremely proud of you. Not.

You need to stop simply regurgitating stupid comments repeated without substance by stupid people on here without making any attempt whatsoever to actually understand the subject yourself. You've showed yourself up good and proper and your opinions to be worthless.

Absolutely Maj, I've never said he was. The discussion is brought about because some fans were actually daft enough to want him sacking because of "his style".

Everyone knows i hated watched Rovers under Sam, but they should never have sacked him and i was shocked when they did.

I'm only playing, you have every right to think what you want in my books.

As long as it conforms with sweaty law.

Kinell! You openly profess to know my reasons then you freely admit you don't. Typical of an individual with a closed mind. I bet your school teachers were extremely proud of you. Not.

You need to stop simply regurgitating stupid comments repeated without substance by stupid people on here without making any attempt whatsoever to actually understand the subject yourself. You've showed yourself up good and proper and your opinions to be worthless.

Where did I open profess to knowing your reasons? I merely stated that to write off a proven international manager, who clearly possessed the right tools to be a success in the Premiership, was so ridiculous that it could not have been a decision based on "sound reasoning and thinking". I have no idea why you were stupid enough to come to that decision. Is that clear enough now? I'm beginning to think English isn't your first language - but then that would make you a foreigner, and you can't be because of your rampant xenophobia. I guess that just makes you a bit thick then? How's about that for sound reasoning? ;)

Stupid comments from stupid people without substance? Oh, the irony. :lol: Everyone knows you wrote Hughes off, and made a right tit of yourself (once again) in the process. Get over it and yourself and stop boring everyone senseless trying to make out you're some great, wise sage.

I merely stated that to write off a proven international manager, who clearly possessed the right tools to be a success in the Premiership,[/b]

So it's ok to pre-judge people as long as you put them in a favourable light? You were proven correct with your prediction of Hughes but so were those who immediately doubted Venkys.

Doesn't make them xenophobic. Astute perhaps? Insightful maybe? Best not to project our own insecurities onto others.

Ironic though, people who don't know each other, pre-judging them because they don't like their pre-judgements!

Guest SuperAgentJB

Everyone knows i hated watched Rovers under Sam, but they should never have sacked him and i was shocked when they did.I'm only playing, you have every right to think what you want in my books.As long as it conforms with sweaty law.

You hated winning 12 out of 19 games at home?

I fecking loved those days, regardless of some of your (I say your, I actually mean Arsen Wenger's) opinions

Archived