BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dawn Of A New Era

How many bloody times do you need to be told Maj..... Allardyce (on a tiny budget) was under strict orders from the Trust via Williams to stay in the Premier League. No more and no less from what we have been told. It could only ever be safety first. Allardyce was the expert not Kean as we now have come to realise..... and not you either thank goodness. As Ivan Lendl always claimed 'grass is for cows' :P .

btw... Is this daft football ideal cos you is Scottish?

Jack Who? I'm sure Jack Sh1t would have become your nickname by now.^_^

Come on he ###### money up the wall while here. He's tall, he's a targetman, let's sell our only left back and sign 2 right backs. Same style at every club, even when he took his chance with the geordies, 1-2, punt, why do we bother teaching technique? Sam did a decent job nothing more.

PS please spell 'scottish' properly it's spelt superior.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree entirely. A frightening thought of the club in the hands of people who not only do not understand the basics of football but are completely ignorant of the basics of business too. No doubt they'd be paying one of the Martins 10m pa and providing him an open chequebook. Not many could make the Venkeys look capable band responsible owners but they certainly would.

Unfortunately bish you have chosen the wrong emoticons at the end. The thought of that scenario is not at all funny.

Dream on cock. I've forgotten more about both than you'll ever know.

Nobody likes owning up to being so wrong do they? (Specially not folks around here who could never even trap a wet sandbag.)

Except me of course. I don't mind cos it only happen very rarely and there are always excellent reasons and sound thinking behind it. ;)

Like writing off Mark Hughes - nothing sound about that reasoning and thinking.

And you only wrote Venky's off because you're a xenophobe and as a result it was instinctive. Sweet FA to do with 'excellent reasons and sound thinking' Alf.

Like writing off Mark Hughes - nothing sound about that reasoning and thinking.

And you only wrote Venky's off because you're a xenophobe and as a result it was instinctive. Sweet FA to do with 'excellent reasons and sound thinking' Alf.

Ouch :lol:

I'm not sure what message you're bringing, but do carry on, the entire board is enthralled ZZZzzzzz

How Gordon thinks he comes across - a controversial, maverick football genius:

Alex-Ferguson103.jpg

How Gordon actually comes across - a preening, self-important ginger princess:

sarah-ferguson1.jpg

Keep smiling, Alf. ;)

I'm talking aboutt he plethora of folk on here who questioned our takeover by an unknown company that made little profit...

But the noble Trust and the good people at Rothschild would never sell us out.

Proving somebody wrong is not the point of a debate. For me at least. Sharing knowledge, educating yourself to have a sounder opinion and gaining scope from other walks of life is more important that simple point scoring.

This thread may seem like old news, but I believe it is very relevant to our current situation. It was the beginning of the end of top flight football. The lessons we have learnt from our experiences are pretty much all the see in the this particular thread.

If we can, as you say, change or found our opinions of what the next best step is - looking back to the so called "dawn of a new era" is probably a good start.

Fair dos each to there own!

Id rather debate whats best for the future but think that has been put on hold since the infamous ssn interview.

And dog, im not explaining my point again, you just went off at one and nothing about it rings true with anything i have said.

Dream on cock. I've forgotten more about both than you'll ever know.

Says it all really.

If you know so much about football, then you would have realised sacking a successful manager in order to show how that particular set of players could play "entertaining" football, was a huge and unnecessary risk for a club with little money.

Says it all really.

If you know so much about football, then you would have realised sacking a successful manager in order to show how that particular set of players could play "entertaining" football, was a huge and unnecessary risk for a club with little money.

Here we go again. It's either Barcelona or pub football - there's no middle ground. :rolleyes:

Guest SuperAgentJB

Here we go again. It's either Barcelona or pub football - there's no middle ground. :rolleyes:

Ironically, thats exactly how the media seem to treat this debate.

The point is that JW would not have sacked him as long as the club was securely in the PL.

There could have been someone out there that could have kept us in the PL playing 'better' football, but JW would have seen no point in changing for change's sake.

Now I would have agreed with that policy. With results on the board and a stable club, why the hell wouldn't I? Others on here, obviously know better.

• Backroom

Ironically, thats exactly how the media seem to treat this debate.

The middle ground is what I consider good football. I hate tippy-tappy footy, it's just as boring as no passing at all. Hughes got it right with us. Pass the ball around, wing-play and crosses, with players who will stick their legs/heads in anywhere to stop goals. VERY exciting :)

The middle ground is what I consider good football. I hate tippy-tappy footy, it's just as boring as no passing at all. Hughes got it right with us. Pass the ball around, wing-play and crosses, with players who will stick their legs/heads in anywhere to stop goals. VERY exciting :)

+1. :tu:

Sam on occasion demonstrated he could set up the team for that middle ground play. Kean, not so much.

Same old tired strawman arguments by the same old crew, who know they don't have a leg to stand on where this debate is concerned.

It's sad they can't accept defeat graciously.

The point is that JW would not have sacked him as long as the club was securely in the PL.

There could have been someone out there that could have kept us in the PL playing 'better' football, but JW would have seen no point in changing for change's sake.

Now I would have agreed with that policy. With results on the board and a stable club, why the hell wouldn't I? Others on here, obviously know better.

Quite.

If we were all neutrals in this whole Allardyce scenario, then this part of my previous post couldn't be denied, could it? --

"sacking a successful manager in order to show how that particular set of players could play "entertaining" football, was a huge and unnecessary risk for a club with little money".

So the question is - why can't some people accept that? I know why.

Same old tired strawman arguments by the same old crew, who know they don't have a leg to stand on where this debate is concerned.

errr......

you wanted a change in manager, when you never actually watched the team and which resulted in relegation.

You won the debate?

:D

Now let's see. You wanted a change of manager when Sam was here, you celebrated his departure, and you praised Kean to the heavens when he took over.

Yup, you and your fellow twerps win hands down.

• Backroom

Now let's see. You wanted a change of manager when Sam was here, you celebrated his departure, and you praised Kean to the heavens when he took over.

Yup, you and your fellow twerps win hands down.

In the same way others shot down Mark Hughes as soon as he stepped in the door.....two sides of the same coin, surely?

In the same way others shot down Mark Hughes as soon as he stepped in the door.....two sides of the same coin, surely?

No not really.

If someone thought Hughes was inexperienced when he took over and had their doubts, what's the problem? Especially if they changed their views after seeing him at work.

No connection between someone having doubts over a manager and changing their mind and someone wanting a very good manager out and then denying he was in the wrong.

No connection between someone having doubts over a manager and changing their mind and someone wanting a very good manager out and then denying he was in the wrong.

What about slagging off a very good chairman? Or does that not apply? :)

Archived