BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

Burnley might get their new boss by Tuesday after all...think the deal on offer to Mackay could turn his head...if he says ;yes' he gets it...which would mean Howe loses out by playing one against the other...

They also spoke to another out-of-work boss in the last 48 hours - but he doesn't want to come back yet.

Bizarrely they have also tried to sign a centre half today...without a manager to make the bid...

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley might get their new boss by Tuesday after all...think the deal on offer to Mackay could turn his head...if he says ;yes' he gets it...which would mean Howe loses out by playing one against the other...

They also spoke to another out-of-work boss in the last 48 hours - but he doesn't want to come back yet.

Bizarrely they have also tried to sign a centre half today...without a manager to make the bid...

But they wouldnt pay the £15,000,000 Rovers wanted for Samba :lol:

If, buts and maybes. Sounds far from done.

Nicko, is that Hughton by any chance?

Any idea on timescales for Mackay to make his mind up?

That story about Laws is a shocking piece of journalism.

Nicko, please tell me the centre half is Kilgallon. Also, has McInnes been looked at by Burnley ? ? ?

Burnley hope to have somebody by Tuesday/Wednesday. I think they want a straight answer out of Mackay. They hoped for the same out of Allardyce, Lamber and - yes - Hughton.

The centre half is Kilgallon. Odd.

The Laws piece sounds right. I had heard something similar. Don't accuse people of 'shocking journalism' when the tale is right.

Burnley hope to have somebody by Tuesday/Wednesday. I think they want a straight answer out of Mackay. They hoped for the same out of Allardyce, Lamber and - yes - Hughton.

The centre half is Kilgallon. Odd.

The Laws piece sounds right. I had heard something similar. Don't accuse people of 'shocking journalism' when the tale is right.

I think the main inaccuracy of the story is we didn't lose to Scunthorpe the day after but infact won at Barnsley, the whole story was about how upset the players were, so much that they put in a massively below par performance in response.

So it was "shocking journalism" as it made his non story a complete load of tosh.

It was well known that the players trained christmas day then went to a hotel. Add to that us actually winning the next day, makes the story very wide of the mark.

I can understand the kilgallon move. I doubt any new manager would have a problem with having kilgallon as part of the squad, at championship level he's a quality centre half. Or maybe they've run it by mackay / howe already ? ? ?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11706_6648781,00.html

Appears Howe is out of the picture.....

What gets me though is why would he take a job in league 1 when there are at least 2 jobs on offer in the Championship? or is it to try to force them clubs into a decision? :unsure:

Strange decision if that's right. We tried to get him here as a player, twice I think, but he said he didn't want to move up north, so no surprise that he isn't coming this time, but I would expect Palace to be a better option than Charlton. Why move there when they are in the same division, only a few places above Bournmouth wand not awash with cash these days?

Lookin like a two horse race now between mackay and mcinnes.

McInnes's agent got a call last Thursday to say he might be on short-list. Then he got a call on Friday to say that Burnley were 'down to the final two.'

I don't think he has had a call since.

Getting a good 'using' here by some managers.

McInnes's agent got a call last Thursday to say he might be on short-list. Then he got a call on Friday to say that Burnley were 'down to the final two.'

Final 2 between Mackay and Howe I presume?

Big Sam, Mackay and Lambert not interested/using BFC.

Howe off to Charlton.

Brown to PNE.

Jewell to Ipswich.

Get your money on Stuart Gray.

Presuming - that is a good word.

I'm not convinced we were ever in for Howe. All the stuff I read recently said Palace and Charlton with Burnley maybe interested - seems Howes camp have talked about Burnley, we don't seem to have mentioned him. I'm not even sure our approach for Lambert was 100% genuine, I think MacKay has been number 1, from day 1. I suspect Sam threw a spanner in the works by suggesting he might be interested, at the least that would have distracted them.

Shame if that is true about McInnes, I still think he would be a great choice. He didn't carry on Coyles work - he actually succeeded where Coyle failed :rolleyes:

To be honest I'd rather limp through with a caretaker than take a manager we don't want long term, be that gray or we get in somebody on a short term deal.

That said, Nicko suggests some managers are 'using Burnley' (though rather think it is the situation rather than the club they are using) for their own ends, and he's no doubt correct but has it ever occured that we could be doing the same with some of these links?

Presuming - that is a good word.

I'm not convinced we were ever in for Howe. All the stuff I read recently said Palace and Charlton with Burnley maybe interested - seems Howes camp have talked about Burnley, we don't seem to have mentioned him. I'm not even sure our approach for Lambert was 100% genuine, I think MacKay has been number 1, from day 1. I suspect Sam threw a spanner in the works by suggesting he might be interested, at the least that would have distracted them.

Shame if that is true about McInnes, I still think he would be a great choice. He didn't carry on Coyles work - he actually succeeded where Coyle failed :rolleyes:

To be honest I'd rather limp through with a caretaker than take a manager we don't want long term, be that gray or we get in somebody on a short term deal.

That said, Nicko suggests some managers are 'using Burnley' (though rather think it is the situation rather than the club they are using) for their own ends, and he's no doubt correct but has it ever occured that we could be doing the same with some of these links?

1...Howe met you after meeting Palace...he even told Palace what he had been offered by Burnley in comparison to them...then he buigged off to Charlton for talks...while waiting on a call from ANOTHER CLUB...avoid.

2...Lambert used you...but you made an approach...bad behaviour on his part.

3...Mackay was contacted very early...seemed interested...agent went to meet you and found out the figures...seems to have coolled since...

4...McInnnes may be a good young manager...better than Coyle?...you ouldn't be bitter now, would you?

5...Big Sam...if you wait long enough he may come to his senses and realise it is the perfect fit...and Mrs Allardyce might agree too...Liverpool passed him by...West Ham is no better than Burnley...Villa? I doubt it...so it's the Turf or the desert for him....he would be wise to choose the former.

Archived