BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some obscure international appointment somewhere hot and sunny?

Capello to do one, and Big Sam thinks........

Scousers to oust Roy, and Big Sam thinks......

Baron Geenback to be sacked at the Boelyn, and Big Sam thinks......

So Burnley, thanks for the offer (or shall I say keeping me in the media gaze for a week) but get real, I'm Sam The Man!

Big Sam fancying his chances at either Liverpool or Chelsea, it would seem.

I'd (genuinely) love to see what he could do with a big club and think he'd change some opinions with a set of good players and money to spend.

Couldn't possibly do any worse than Hodgson...

He couldn't possibly have done any worse than Wally and Postman Pat either if he'd got the England job when he should have.

Official approach made to Paul Lambert

Take it that what you was referring to earlier Nicko

Norwich are a bigger club than Burnley, bigger gates and in a much better position, pay their players more than some of the Burnley lads and the compo for Burnley would be huge, cant see him leaving Norwich.

Norwich are a bigger club than Burnley, bigger gates and in a much better position, pay their players more than some of the Burnley lads and the compo for Burnley would be huge, cant see him leaving Norwich.

Very much doubt we would have made an approach for him if he had not expressed an interest. They get bigger crowds than us but so what, we are a lot healthier financially, don't have Delia Smith and aren't in a footballing backwater. I understand his family still live in Scotland, possibly Glasgow, 2 and a half hours drive from Burnley or 6 hours from Norwich.

Very much doubt we would have made an approach for him if he had not expressed an interest. They get bigger crowds than us but so what, we are a lot healthier financially, don't have Delia Smith and aren't in a footballing backwater. I understand his family still live in Scotland, possibly Glasgow, 2 and a half hours drive from Burnley or 6 hours from Norwich.

But they own their own ground, Training ground and are in a great position in the league, they pay their players quite well so moving the better ones with him would break the wage structure at Burnley!

Then there is the compensation payment!

But they own their own ground, Training ground and are in a great position in the league, they pay their players quite well so moving the better ones with him would break the wage structure at Burnley!

Then there is the compensation payment!

They own their own ground, well thats buggered it, we'll have to think of someone else then.

I would have thought being surrounded by far more successful clubs overshadowing you would be a down side?

Bumley Board made their first decision now 'Agent' Kilby is back from NYC (busking again?)

"Shortlist has to be small enough to be counted on the fingers of one hand,okay our kid?"

"Reet then eets a shaartlist of six then...okay...next item on't agenda?"

This is an odd one...Burnley have approached TWO Championship clubs re their managers...only Norwich made it public...strange.

Think it was Burnley who made it public first.

Grayson.

Watford?

Wonder if there's any chance they'll go for Roy Keane now he's out of work

Don't even joke about that.

I would have thought being surrounded by far more successful clubs overshadowing you would be a down side?

It would seem not.

Probably. Just hazarding a guess. I suppose you can't complain at the candidates you're trying to get, though. Bit more ambition being showed now that finances are in your favour and, who knows, the gap will close. ;)

Lets hope so, would be great to have THE derby back on a level footing. We do seem to have better candidates this time, strange as we were in the Prem last time, maybe it just seems that way as we are replacing an average, at best, man this time.

Is it true that Lambert wants the job? If it is, where does this go next?

Lambert could be using them here. The word I hear is that he has encouraged their interest. But he also wants a new deal at Norwich. He is also known as one ruthless chap.

I wonder if the Norwich thing was leaked to put Malky Mackay on his toes and get a decision out of him. That one was further down the line than Lambert until yesterday but hit a snag. I gather he won't commit to the move either.

Needless to say they are fed up waiting on a commitment from Big Sam...but you never know how that might develop with him next week.

It would not be a surprise if Burnley chased ANOTHER Championship boss very shortly if they keep getting pussied around by those three.

Archived