BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

Why? It'd be exactly what his ego needs - bring Burnley up and keep them up and he's the messiah.

Did you not hear his recent interview?

"I don't need to manage in the championship, I have plenty to offer a premiership club, so no I won't be dropping down the leagues for my next job"

Allardyce all over for me.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes you think he wants to do anything like that?

He wants a Villa or a West Ham at the very least. Something to keep him in the spotlight. Villa a big, traditional club and the Hammers have always received far more media attention than they deserve due to being in the Capital.

Not a step down from the likes of us and Bolton to Championship with Burnley.

If he thought he deserved better than the likes of well-established Prem side us, he would really be slumming it at Burnley...

EDIT: people might also want to consider that the likes of Howard, Lamb have worked with Sam 2 or 3 times previously. Howard, Newcastle, bolton and us, lamb Newcastle and Bolton, would they walk out and go to Burnley? You'd have to think that they would consider it after all that's gone on and their strong relationship with Sam. Losing our whole SS team would be interesting to say the least.

That would certainly be a possibility should Sam go to a premiership club.

Had to post this again... Feeling particularly sarcastic tonight. Burnley would be your level Sam!

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Internazionale or Real Madrid," said Allardyce. "It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the Double or the league every time."

The transfer window seems to be forcing the hands of the chairmen. With January looming it becomes a huge decision of whether to back them or sack them. Another reason it should go.

It wouldnt change a thing apart from the sackings would be spread out over the season, rather than condensed around this time of year

It wouldnt change a thing apart from the sackings would be spread out over the season, rather than condensed around this time of year

How would it not change a thing? Managers may be given a bit longer to prove themselves if they know they can buy whenever and some would save their jobs.

I do agree with the sackings of both Laws and Allardyce though, incidentally.

Hmmmm! Was Kenny D not miles above our level when he was appointed at Ewood? I rather think that was the point in doing it!

The only saving grace in this line of thought is: Who is going to finance Burnley's attempt to copy our 1991 effort?

Can't see Messrs Flood and Kilby coming up with that sort of cash........but then again; that's probably why they want Big Sam. He's well used to managing on zero cash aint he?

For heaven's sake! Sam Allardyce isn't Kenny Dalglish nor will he ever be.

That's like saying as a centre half for Bolton he was comparable to Franz Beckenbaur.

All that said, I think nicko is on the wind up with this story and imo there's as much chance of his previous story about Maradona pitching up at Ewood coming true as Sam ending up at Burnley.

Sam clearly thinks in his own mind that he deserves to be at a bigger club than ours let alone Burnley and there's no way on earth they're going to pay him a salary well North of 2m p.a.

Unlike others also I don't think it's anything like a given he'll automatically get them promoted if he goes either. They're just not that good. And if he goes there with a massive hulabaloo, big salary and fails to get them up it will destroy his reputation.

Unlike others also I don't think it's anything like a given he'll automatically get them promoted if he goes either. They're just not that good. And if he goes there with a massive hulabaloo, big salary and fails to get them up it will destroy his reputation.

That's exactly what I was thinking

There's only a couple of stumbling blocks for this.

He doesn't want to come.

We can't afford him.

Aside from that, it's nailed on.

Depends what you believe. If Sam's people contacted Kilby then maybe he does want it. How much he wants it will define how it's financed.

You know you want him.

There's only a couple of stumbling blocks for this.

He doesn't want to come.

We can't afford him.

Aside from that, it's nailed on.

Your favourite journo reckon he does. You're cashed up from the Coyle compo, Fletcher transfer and parachute payments. Dont fight it, he'd do bloody well for you. :(

Your favourite journo reckon he does. You're cashed up from the Coyle compo, Fletcher transfer and parachute payments. Dont fight it, he'd do bloody well for you. :(

Following Laws, I'll take anyone competent and BFS is certainly that.

Not my no.1 choice by a long way but I wouldn't be burning effigies if he did come.

A question for Nicko...

I heard an interesting radio discussion the other day (before the Dingle & Nob End sackings....& the recent Liverpool defeat)

The discussion centred around the fact Big Sam apparently hails from the Wolverhampton area & it is said he supported Wolves as a boy. Quite a few Wolves fans were ringing in, saying they`d love Big Sam at their club. Granted, this was before their shock Anfield win....which probably staved off strengthening calls for McCarthy to go (for the time being at least)

Do you think there`s any legs in this?

After all, Wolves have a decent following (much bigger than Bumley/PNE)

decent ground (30k+)

aren`t too adrift in the relegation places,

.....& have a strong physical approach (ie Carl Henry-esque)

I personally think the Wolves job would suit Big Sam down to the ground

Following Laws, I'll take anyone competent and BFS is certainly that.

Not my no.1 choice by a long way but I wouldn't be burning effigies if he did come

You`d need a fair old bit of stuffing for that effigy pal! ;):lol:

For heaven's sake! Sam Allardyce isn't Kenny Dalglish nor will he ever be.

That's like saying as a centre half for Bolton he was comparable to Franz Beckenbaur.

No it's not Simon. Nothing like saying that at all. Managerial ability has absolutely nothing to do with playing ability whatsoever. The best managers that we have seen in the Prem would not get into our current squad by a mile never mind MU's or Arsenals. Ferguson, Wenger and Mourhinho were poor player, rubbish player and non player in that order.

Allardyce v KMD as players? No contest there but as managers? I don't know. Both have had mangerial success to an extent and both have a failure at Newcastle on their cv. Kenny screwed it up at Lpool too rem, his best move (as at BRFC) was to get out whilst the going was good. Souness copped it for Lpools demise but the rot had well and truly started with Kenny.

KMD has never managed without a vast transfer pot behind him and Allardyce has never managed with one. There really is no way to compare the two. The only comparisons being that both were very pragmatic and both are known for professional safety first football rather than cavalier attacking football. In fact if in the unlikely event KMD came back to us with a decimated squad and as much in the kitty as Allardyce had then I think you'd quickly come to hate him too.

Archived