BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

You've also said on this thread that O'Driscoll knocked Burnley back.

So which is it?

Did he tell Doncaster he was off or did he knock Burnley back?

Or is it a case of you trying to cover every base then claiming you got it correct? ;)

I realise logic is a challenge for you.

O'Driscoll told Donaster Rovers - and their players - that he was going to Burnley.

He got to Burnley and told them he had better facilities at Donny than they had - so what were they going to do about it.

So O'Driscoll withdrew in the afternoon and Brian Laws got the call.

By the way, is it vinnicombe or should I call you TERNENT?

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me whatever you want sunshine.

So O'Driscoll told Doncaster he was off without having a clue what things were like at Burnley? Why would he say that? Surely he would have sorted things out with Burnley first? Why risk things like that? Questions Questions Questions

Out of interest nicko, what percentage of your stories would you say actually come off?

Go on, give us a ball park figure!

Call me whatever you want sunshine.

So O'Driscoll told Doncaster he was off without having a clue what things were like at Burnley? Why would he say that? Surely he would have sorted things out with Burnley first? Why risk things like that? Questions Questions Questions

OK, TERNENT...

O'Driscoll told Doncaster he wanted to speak to Burnley. He also told his players. Suddenly he became short odds-on favourite. Do the math.

He is a very studious chap and asked questions of his potential employers. The answers were not to his liking. So he pulled out.

You assume too much and base it on little to no information.

Now scurry off. I don't get paid to educate mugs.

Ah so when you said he was "off to Burnley" you simply meant to talk to them.

Some would assume you meant he was off to manage them. You really should be more clear, otherwise.........oh right i see.

Give my regards to your master, he is doing just as i expected at Bolton.

Oh, and i've just seen what you are getting at. Maybe you should ask Ternant on CM if he posts on here, I'm sure he will set you straight.

Who I'd love to see there: Souness, Gazza, Ternant, Kidd, JFK, Ince.

Who might do well: Brown, O'Driscoll, Sam.

Why's Souey in the muppet list? He wasn't too shabby at getting us up?

Got to wonder why Nicko bothers posting on here when some clowns are intent on trying to catch him out (and failing pretty much every time!).

Ah so when you said he was "off to Burnley" you simply meant to talk to them.

Some would assume you meant he was off to manage them. You really should be more clear, otherwise.........oh right i see.

Language seems to be a problem for you.

Off to Burnley as in going to speak, have an interview, get the job if it was right.

Anyway, you have only got one appointment right in 30 years. And that was an accident.

All the best with this one.

Right again Nicko, well researched point. Jimmy Mullen was terrible, Ternent did nothing, Cotterill didnt acheive his goal. Miller didnt keep us in the league!

Spot on :) :)

One manager got you in the Premier League.

The rest?

'Miller didn't keep us in the league?'

I really have heard it all now...

I don't want Sam - not my type of football - but I imagine most Burnley fans would be secretly delighted if this happened. I'm slightly surprised he's interested to be honest.

If he's interested longsiders, then snap his hand off. Plenty of supporters say that entertainment is the priority, but when they start losing games they'll begin to realise that in fact, what they really they want is a winning team - and no doubt when they start losing games, those fans will be off, never to be seen again.

Ask your chairman if he wants a manager who wants to play attractive football, or a manager who wins games. Ask him what his priority is. Oh, and ask the players as well.

If he's interested longsiders, then snap his hand off. Plenty of supporters say that entertainment is the priority, but when they start losing games they'll begin to realise that in fact, what they really they want is a winning team - and no doubt when they start losing games, those fans will be off, never to be seen again.

Ask your chairman if he wants a manager who wants to play attractive football, or a manager who wins games. Ask him what his priority is. Oh, and ask the players as well.

Seems to be distancing himself from the job. No surprise really, I was surprised he was ever interested to be honest

One manager got you in the Premier League.

The rest?

'Miller didn't keep us in the league?'

I really have heard it all now...

Nicko, maybe worth looking at what position Burnley were in 30 years ago and what position they are in now (which is the same as when your master took over). Have a little look before you pass comments on the managers, theres a good lad ;)

I know you would like to think Burnley started when Coyle took over, not the case my friend. We were there a long time before and will be a long time after :)

Nicko, maybe worth looking at what position Burnley were in 30 years ago and what position they are in now (which is the same as when your master took over). Have a little look before you pass comments on the managers, theres a good lad ;)

I know you would like to think Burnley started when Coyle took over, not the case my friend. We were there a long time before and will be a long time after :)

You seem to have missed out the phrase 'in the wilderness' in that post.

I'm sure Fat Sam with his mates in the media realises it works both ways and that uncertainty with regard to any imminent appointments might encourage other chairmen he's waiting on to get a move on. I would be taking anything he said with a pinch of salt right now.

However, I think he'd prefer to remain in the Premier league and if the Dingles aren't in a great rush for the next three games it would probably be worth waiting to see what develops at West Ham in particular, maybe a couple of other places.

I can see how it'd make sense either way. I very much doubt fan sentiment would come into it at all.

Why's Souey in the muppet list? He wasn't too shabby at getting us up?

Got to wonder why Nicko bothers posting on here when some clowns are intent on trying to catch him out (and failing pretty much every time!).

Souness is mentioned as the dingles will be livid having him as manager. They seem to hate him more than other ex-Rovers managers. That, and I don't think he'd be that good nowadays.

PaulPlunkettLT Paul Plunkett

Allardyce to Burnley? We've spoken to his agent, who says no

It is on Twitter.

Wow, I didn't really believe it but now it's been denied by the LT on Twitter, maybe there is something in it. :P

Research nicko research. Come on admit it was a stupid comment about only one appointment right in 30 years and we'll let it drop.

BRIAN MILLER [TOOK YOU DOWN], JOHN BOND [bELTER], JOHN BENSON [HMM], MARTIN BUCHAN

, TOMMY CAVANAGH [FORGOT THAT ONE], BRIAN MILLER [bEAT ORIENT], FRANK CASPER [OK], JIMMY MULLEN [HOW'S HIS WIFE'S SKIRT?], ADRIAN HEATH [YUP], CHRIS WADDLE [TRIUMPH], STAN TERNENT [A FINE MAN, AS IT GOES].

AND HOW MANY SEASONS IN THE TOP FLIGHT?

I see Sam has ruled HIMSELF out, who would have thought that ;)

I DON'T THINK HE HAS. BUT YOU KNOW BEST.

Research again Nicko research, Miller indeed did take us down. Was sacked.

He was then APPOINTED as manager again in 86 and kept us up. Therefore was he a good appointment or was he not? Unlucky son. All about the research.

Lets remember though, i only need one to make a mockery of your statement of one good appointment in 30 years.

Was Mullen not a good appointment?

Was Ternent not a good appointment?

Research again Nicko research, Miller indeed did take us down. Was sacked.

He was then APPOINTED as manager again in 86 and kept us up. Therefore was he a good appointmetn or was he not? Unlucky son. All about the research.

Lets remember though, i only need one to make a mockery of your statement of one good appointment in 30 years.

Was Mullen not a good appointment?

Was Ternent not a good appointment?

Why not sod off back to dingles mad and tell someone who gives a ferk :tu:

Archived