BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey the was allot of loyalty given to sam a wage packet every week for two years.

Venkys wanted a new manager and a better brand of football, and someone they could trust with spending money.

If you get Sam fair play he might bring you up to the PL but he cant work miracles and you will end up back down unless the circus act of Kilbey opens his wallet up this time.

Tbh i want burnley up, great derby... More Northern teams the better.

A lot of people forget that before we employed Fat Sam nobody with any ambition wanted to touch him. He was lucky we were so desperate, after all we didn't bother taking him on the first time around.

I'd love him to go to Burnley, even if it meant they would get promoted. It honestly isn't worth employing him in the long run as the clubs becomes dead inside, particularly when he gets his propaganda in and people start believing it's him or nothing. I'd love to see them go from what they were under Coyle, with their snide remarks to us regarding football, to Sam Allardyce FC.

Sam taking the job would be in some way confirming that Venky's had a point when sacking him.

If they want someone to take the club forward...why go for someone who can do no better than turn up at Burnley?

I'm sure Sam will want to show them by taking on a Premiership Club. His record with us alone - even without his Bolton days to back him up - will be enough to secure him the job at a Prem club going through a rough patch.

Sam taking the job would be in some way confirming that Venky's had a point when sacking him.

If they want someone to take the club forward...why go for someone who can do no better than turn up at Burnley?

I'm sure Sam will want to show them by taking on a Premiership Club. His record with us alone - even without his Bolton days to back him up - will be enough to secure him the job at a Prem club going through a rough patch.

On the other hand,

Sam could get Burnley promoted and we could get relegated.

or Sam could get Burnley promoted and keep them up next season, stuffing us twice in the process, and finish above us in the league.

In which case Venky's would look rather silly wouldn't they ?

Burnley might just tickle Sam's fancy.

On the other hand,

or Sam could get Burnley promoted and keep them up next season, stuffing us twice in the process, and finish above us in the league.

Then hell froze over :D

For heaven's sake! Sam Allardyce isn't Kenny Dalglish nor will he ever be.

That's like saying as a centre half for Bolton he was comparable to Franz Beckenbaur.

All that said, I think nicko is on the wind up with this story and imo there's as much chance of his previous story about Maradona pitching up at Ewood coming true as Sam ending up at Burnley.

Sam clearly thinks in his own mind that he deserves to be at a bigger club than ours let alone Burnley and there's no way on earth they're going to pay him a salary well North of 2m p.a.

Unlike others also I don't think it's anything like a given he'll automatically get them promoted if he goes either. They're just not that good. And if he goes there with a massive hulabaloo, big salary and fails to get them up it will destroy his reputation.

For heavens sake yourself! If you just took the trouble to read the post which I was replying to, it would be obvious to any one with a reading age above about 4yrs what I meant. I was just trying to point out that it little behoves us to criticise any team that seeks to appoint a manager that is "above their level" as that is exactly what we did. Nothing to do with the relatve merits of KD and Big Sam.

Anyway enough of this.... it is only just past the bells and the night is yet young, and we can't have the celebrations spoilt by ill humour so I aplogidse and a happy new year to you Rev. Just don't do it again;) :xmas:

On the other hand,

You sound like a big woman.

Grow a pair.

A lot of people forget that before we employed Fat Sam nobody with any ambition wanted to touch him. He was lucky we were so desperate, after all we didn't bother taking him on the first time around.

I'd love him to go to Burnley, even if it meant they would get promoted. It honestly isn't worth employing him in the long run as the clubs becomes dead inside, particularly when he gets his propaganda in and people start believing it's him or nothing. I'd love to see them go from what they were under Coyle, with their snide remarks to us regarding football, to Sam Allardyce FC.

Too right - with his track record of finishing consistenly in the top half of the Premier League, it would be a nightmare.

The more I read what Nicko is saying the more it makes sense. Takes the job on a short term deal, gets us up to stick 2 fingers up to Rovers then chooses the plum Prem jobs that inevitably become available? I'd take that as a scenario ....

Just shows the limited ambition and mind set of a dingle, get promoted just to put 2 fingers up against the club that owns you

:lol:

Best person for burnley is eddie howe or paul jewell.

Howe is young and used to managing without money = perfect

Jewell did a cracking job at wigan and messed up at derby risky appointment but if it comes off happy days no compo and im sure he lives in the NW and i think he will want to rebuild his reputation.

Big Sam is doing my ego a wonder and debating whther he's going to Burnley is giving me a chuckle that he'd stoop so low to managing them.

• Backroom

Odd didn't he recently rule himself out of both the dingle and Nob End jobs.

"Sources" ruled him out of the job, no direct quotes from Allardyce himself. I don't think he ruled himself out of the Burnley job in his interview this morning either, though I could be wrong.

Alternatively should we go down he'd be the safest pair of hands in the Championship..... excepting the fact that imo the owners would cut and run with the family silver and leave us destitute. Mighty good time to be a dingle / northender / wanderer should that scenario play out. :unsure:

Too right - with his track record of finishing consistenly in the top half of the Premier League, it would be a nightmare.

Quite right. As Lawrenson said for any lower level Prem club Sam Allardyce can keep you in the Prem which virtually guarantees you £50m every year. Kinda puts the 'business is common sense' mantra that Mr Rao Senior passed onto his daughter into a different perspective. I'll bet the old boy is spinning in the Ganges estuary mud as we speak.

Odd didn't he recently rule himself out of both the dingle and Nob End jobs.

If I were him I'd be playing for time should a Prem job come up. There must be about 6 that could easily do so before long. All three in the midlands, two on Merseyside plus Wigan and Fulham.

Archived