BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

Odd didn't he recently rule himself out of both the dingle and Nob End jobs.

He basically said he had no intention of going down a league as he had so much to offer a premiership club, self publicising burnley **** :D

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Allardyce direct quotes...

"It depends for me on the job that is offered.

"I can only wait and see who makes me an offer. If they have the same ambition to me then I will take up that position.

"There has been a little bit of speculation, which I am flattered by, that Burnley are interested in me."

So how is that 'not interested in going to Burnley' denial form halfwit sources looking.

:lol:

"I can only wait and see who makes me an offer. If they have the same ambition to me then I will take up that position.

"There has been a little bit of speculation, which I am flattered by, that Burnley are interested in me."

So how is that 'not interested in going to Burnley' denial form halfwit sources looking.

That sounds like 'come and get me' from here, and I expect from our boardroom as well.

That sounds like 'come and get me' from here, and I expect from our boardroom as well.

I think those calls have already been made... ;)

Not a done deal yet.

Maybe Sam heard about the move for Candidate B and realised he could miss out on a good job.

I think those calls have already been made... ;)

Not a done deal yet.

Maybe Sam heard about the move for Candidate B and realised he could miss out on a good job.

Hpoefully nothing will be settled before Barry Kilby gets back from the States, I would trust him to make the right choice from interviewing 2 or 3 on a shortlist. Brendon Flood and John B. could make a rash decision, at least we seem to have better candidates than last time. Is candidate B currently employed?

Are you referring to the Mersey Tunnel?

He'll tell everyone that he's made it the best tunnel of it's type in the world when, in fact, it's merely a functional and efficient tunnel that gets you from A to B in an unspectacular and uninspiring way. At least you'd get to your destination, though...

:)

Hpoefully nothing will be settled before Barry Kilby gets back from the States, I would trust him to make the right choice from interviewing 2 or 3 on a shortlist. Brendon Flood and John B. could make a rash decision, at least we seem to have better candidates than last time. Is candidate B currently employed?

The same Kilby who drew up a shortlist and decided Laws was the right choice?

I'm not entirely sure Kilby is the real power broker now, by all accounts he's stepping down soon.

The same Kilby who drew up a shortlist and decided Laws was the right choice?

I'm not entirely sure Kilby is the real power broker now, by all accounts he's stepping down soon.

I know what you mean but his shortlist seems to have consisted of 2 and the other one didn't like the training facilities and/or interviewed badly. Laws hasn't done that bad a job anyway, nobody expected him to keep us up, we have had a few worse managers over the years, think loyalty was high on the list of desirable characteristics when Laws was appointed.

But, it comes down to this: Will Sam accept a wage cap? Doubtful, to say the least.

Don't know enough about him to have any idea personally, but if he wont accept a wage cap he isn't the man for us.

I know what you mean but his shortlist seems to have consisted of 2 and the other one didn't like the training facilities and/or interviewed badly. Laws hasn't done that bad a job anyway, nobody expected him to keep us up, we have had a few worse managers over the years, think loyalty was high on the list of desirable characteristics when Laws was appointed.

Don't know enough about him to have any idea personally, but if he wont accept a wage cap he isn't the man for us.

Laws is, at best, a mid-table Championship manager. We all knew that when he was appointed.

He did his job well and took you there, hard to know how people can be critical of him!

But, it comes down to this: Will Sam accept a wage cap? Doubtful, to say the least.

I think he would. He's used to dealing with tight finances. But after signing he'll twist every ear he can for the occassional 'exception' for what he feels is a necessary player.

I think he would. He's used to dealing with tight finances. But after signing he'll twist every ear he can for the occassional 'exception' for what he feels is a necessary player.

That's no bad thing, it's not as if we are skint at the moment (for once) £14 Million profit last season, fletch sold for £7 Million, parachute payments and the new board member who is said to be in a different financial league to any other we have ever had (that's not to say he will be throwing his money about though).

I love banter with Burnley fans, normally but find it shocking how they can sign up to here then try and attack other brfc posters, i.e vinnicombe...

Although its a refreshing change to see yorkiclaret and longsider on here having banter... takes my mind off whats going on at our club!

Long may it continue!

That's no bad thing, it's not as if we are skint at the moment (for once) £14 Million profit last season, fletch sold for £7 Million, parachute payments and the new board member who is said to be in a different financial league to any other we have ever had (that's not to say he will be throwing his money about though).

Yeh but isnt your chaiman on holiday........in VEGAS !!!! :lol:

Yeh but isnt your chaiman on holiday........in VEGAS !!!! :lol:

Not over worried about that, lets face it he thinks $2 on red is a serious gamble.

I love banter with Burnley fans, normally but find it shocking how they can sign up to here then try and attack other brfc posters, i.e vinnicombe...

Although its a refreshing change to see yorkiclaret and longsider on here having banter... takes my mind off whats going on at our club!

Long may it continue!

Cheers, I don't see the point either, I might get the occasional sly dig at your club, but wouldn't have a go at anybody who didn't start on me, even then I mostly ignore them. Havn't been on since the Burnley threads finished after relegation but came on with New Year Wishes the other day and came accross this thread.

Is it just me, or has this chap gone strangely quiet?

Typical empty headed dingle, all mouth until the business end of things - :tu:

You damaged a number of them Nicko when you persuaded Coyle to join Bolton, and for that I salute you sir :D

And just were did the missing £11m-£12m come from for the previous season?

Or did that not really happen back in planet plantpot land B)

And just were did the missing £11m-£12m come from for the previous season?

Or did that not really happen back in planet plantpot land B)

Well, what a strange question, usually when anyone wants to know about missing millions it's more a question of where it has gone rather than where it 'come from'

Has this got something to do with the directors loans that were repaid?

Diplomatically put, it could be read either way. Depends what the reader WANTS to make of it to me, classic politicians answer lots of words no substance.

Long may it continue!

Can you feel the love. Oh dear I think I'm gonna be sick.

"I will take up the position if they match my ambition" Funny just a few weeks back Blackburn weren't big enough and he should have been at one of Europes "super" clubs, now it's Burnleh. I think he is really showing his arse here.

Archived