BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam must be REALLY bitter to even consider managing that lot just to try to get one over on us. Sort of speaks volumes about the man. I would sort of enjoy it just imagine the huge servings of crow and humble pie that would be eaten by the dingles if he was appointed. You just could not make this crap up.

Lets not forget Sam is the man who named his new Spanish Villa,built with the pay off money from Newcastle, 'ST JAMES VILLA'! :rolleyes:

Nothing surprises me anymore in football,although the Dingles slagged off his style of play to high heaven when he was in charge at Ewood....stupid T***S.

No it's not Simon. Nothing like saying that at all. Managerial ability has absolutely nothing to do with playing ability whatsoever. The best managers that we have seen in the Prem would not get into our current squad by a mile never mind MU's or Arsenals. Ferguson, Wenger and Mourhinho were poor player, rubbish player and non player in that order.

Allardyce v KMD as players? No contest there but as managers? I don't know. Both have had mangerial success to an extent and both have a failure at Newcastle on their cv. Kenny screwed it up at Lpool too rem, his best move (as at BRFC) was to get out whilst the going was good. Souness copped it for Lpools demise but the rot had well and truly started with Kenny.

KMD has never managed without a vast transfer pot behind him and Allardyce has never managed with one. There really is no way to compare the two. The only comparisons being that both were very pragmatic and both are known for professional safety first football rather than cavalier attacking football. In fact if in the unlikely event KMD came back to us with a decimated squad and as much in the kitty as Allardyce had then I think you'd quickly come to hate him too.

Ferguson a poor player? I think you need to go and check your stats Gordon. Unless you mean Darren Ferguson? :unsure:

Correct. I'm talking about fate, though, if there is such a thing. Just have a bad feeling!

Anyway, they're not going to beat us and Allardyce isn't going to Burnley so why should I worry? :rolleyes:

So fate is that Allardyce will manage Burnley and they will beat us.

But you aren't worrying because Allardyce isn't going to Burnley.

OK.

Where and when has he ruled himself out? I've seen the old 'sources close to' stuff but nothing from BFS himself - you could take Nicko's stuff and describe them as 'a source close to BFS has indicated he would be interested in discussin the vacancy with Burnley' .......

(I should point out that I doubt he's genuinely interested and I'm even less sure we could come up with the readies)

Agent Kilby definitely wont be spending any money now that hes got hid hands on some so appointing Big Sam has to be a definite non starter because were on earth is little Burnley going to find the money to pay big Sam over a million and half pounds per year, for several years, knowing full well that it is a big risk.

Lets not forget that big Sam also believes in his players being paid big wages, so lets get real here about the nonsense concerning Little Burnley linking up with Big Sam.

And that is always the question.

In most cases I think these situations are used by lots of people for their own ends - take Billy Davies at Forest who I suspect has dropped hints about being interested in our vacancy to the media, and as a result maybe get some funds released by the Forest board.

I suspect BFS, if he has indicated an interest, is really alerting Prem Chairmen that he won't be available forever - or maybe he really does just want revenge so badly against Rovers - lets be honest, if you did want revenge against your crowd then doing well at Burnley would be the single best way to do it.

Sam's not stupid to want revenge against the club. He knows the "club" did not want it this way, but the owners did. I doubt he will spend 2-3 years of his life plotting from the lower reaches to get Burnley to beat Rovers.

He can do it much easier, and much quicker from the PL with someone like West Ham, maybe even Fulham, etc...

I suspect BFS, if he has indicated an interest, is really alerting Prem Chairmen that he won't be available forever - or maybe he really does just want revenge so badly against Rovers - lets be honest, if you did want revenge against your crowd then doing well at Burnley would be the single best way to do it.

I doubt BFS cares enough about us to needlessly drop down into the Championship for revenge.

He can get that easily enough when he answers an SOS call for a Prem side needing him.

As for him being second favourite...hmmm, that would have nothing to do with punters sticking their money on him after a certain article in The Daily Mirror?

As for him being second favourite...hmmm, that would have nothing to do with punters sticking their money on him after a certain article in The Daily Mirror?

Or some of the people he has sounded out about being on his backroom staff having loose lips?

Who knows?

Mind you, Burnley are covering themselves by approaching a manager in work just in case he doesn't commit...

Hope it's been done legally.

Or some of the people he has sounded out about being on his backroom staff having loose lips?

Who knows?

Mind you, Burnley are covering themselves by approaching a manager in work just in case he doesn't commit...

I heard Allardyces interview on sky after he was sacked, and he did seem to rule out going down the leagues, but a couple of weeks is a long time in football so who knows.

Its rumoured he was frustrated at a lack of cash at our place and almost walked in the summer, not sure how he’ll handle a similar situation at burnley, but it would be fun watching it unfold.

I heard Allardyces interview on sky after he was sacked, and he did seem to rule out going down the leagues, but a couple of weeks is a long time in football so who knows.

Its rumoured he was frustrated at a lack of cash at our place and almost walked in the summer, not sure how he’ll handle a similar situation at burnley, but it would be fun watching it unfold.

There wasn't a vacancy at Burnley two weeks ago...

It wouldn't break their bank in terms of wages and bonuses to appoint a man who would get them up.

Staying up? That's another story.

Ferguson a poor player? I think you need to go and check your stats Gordon. Unless you mean Darren Ferguson? :unsure:

I doubt hed' be playing in the English Prem today if he were 25 and in his prime.

He wants international management. For that he needs to be managing in the Prem. That must be his intention.

Paul Lambert - No Chance, Norwich are a bigger club would be a backwards step.

Big Sam - If the wages were right

Darren Ferguson - No chance he'd get it

Martin O'neill / Jol - Don't think they even know where Burnley is

Eddie Howe - Potential outsider .. worth a flutter!?

Paul Jewell - He'd be my choice i think he'd do wonders at burnley

Lee Clark - From Hudders to Burnley can see it...

Phil Brown - Tango would jump at it

Derek McInnes - 2 st johnstone managers to the turd ... no chance

Chris Haughton - He could do better... But its another management job for him.

Billy Davies - Just using the intrest in him to get cash from forests board

Ian Dowie - He'd be agent Dowie, he'd take them down... wont get it

Ray wilkins - 1st job in management to big for him

Gary megson - He'd love it and hes available so no compo and lives in the NW

Gareth Southgate - Can see it possibly but dont think burnley have enough or share his ambitions.

John Collins - waiting for rangers.celtic or a PL team surely.

Eddie Howe is my favourite...

There wasn't a vacancy at Burnley two weeks ago...

It wouldn't break their bank in terms of wages and bonuses to appoint a man who would get them up.

Staying up? That's another story.

Well it seems to be a absolute no brainier that they get Allardyce if possible, and they have plenty of empty heads over there let me tell you :P

Done deal I'd say :D

Who knows?

or someone on the wind up Mr Nixon! I think there's more chance of the titanic rising up and sailing again.

Sam doesn't need the problems that come with the job when he can walk into the majority of PL and International jobs.

Clubs always sounds out illegally, but find out ways of playing the system.

I doubt hed' be playing in the English Prem today if he were 25 and in his prime.

I respectfully disagree. Even wee Barry plays in the PL. Someone with a record as good as young Fergie's would have caught the eye. And I'd bet would have been a success.

Archived