BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] diouf

Miker

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have him in the team ahead of gamst and emerton without a shadow of doubt.

And had we loaned out Pedersen instead, people would probably be saying the same thing.

Just clutching at straws.

Just to have him around the team and in the dressing room.

He is mouthy but im sure he is a motivator too.

I would rather have my gran playing instead of Emerton as she is no longer on this planet.

Hoillet is picking up injuries very early in his career.

Diouf was our best player under Sam this season.

Never been keen on Diouf but now it's looking like a mistake letting him go, I dont really rate him as a player and certainly not as person but he has the attributes that you need in a scrap.

He winds up the other teams players into making rash challenges.

He wins free kicks in good areas and seeing as we cant score for toffee that could have led to more goals.

He is an experienced prem player who knows when to hold the ball and when to play it.

Hoilett deserved a crack at first team football but no reason to send out Diouf on loan, I dont think he fit in with the Venky's model of football, whatever the hell that is.

Never been keen on Diouf but now it's looking like a mistake letting him go, I dont really rate him as a player and certainly not as person but he has the attributes that you need in a scrap.

He winds up the other teams players into making rash challenges.

He wins free kicks in good areas and seeing as we cant score for toffee that could have led to more goals.

He is an experienced prem player who knows when to hold the ball and when to play it.

Hoilett deserved a crack at first team football but no reason to send out Diouf on loan, I dont think he fit in with the Venky's model of football, whatever the hell that is.

SPOT ON!

Initially I stated that I could understand why Kean let Diouf go out on loan - however, wrongly, I was not taking into account the lack of quality in our midfield - from an attacking perspective it really is very poor plus we have no depth (for injuries/suspensions).

Considering Diouf was one of our best performers in the first half of the season it is looking like a big mistake letting him leave in January.

emerton and gamst wont play if hoilett and olsen play on the wings, which i expect they will (if fit)

well Hoillet isn't fit and Olsson has been playing LB for ages. Diouf has been far better than both Pedersen and Emerton this season. In all honesty I wouldn't have let any of them go.

Archived