BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] diouf

Miker

I only seen the last few minutes of the game, but the worst culprit was Neil Lennon, what an idiot this guy is, he's already appealing a 6 game touchline ban, so what does he do he goes to Ally McCoist after the final whistle, a handshake and then starts to have a right go at him, no wonder somebody is sending him bullets in the post.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diouf is now officially a Rangers legend for his antics last night, and has gone up in my estimations I must say.

He caused havoc all game, argued with anyone that cared to listen, told that tosser Lennon where to go, and then

did a mini lap of honour when the game finished.

He never lost his head, didn’t spit or injury anyone, just added to the excitement that usually comes with an old firm game.

Great stuff Diouf, but please don’t come back :tu:

Diouf is now officially a Rangers legend for his antics last night, and has gone up in my estimations I must say.

He caused havoc all game, argued with anyone that cared to listen, told that tosser Lennon where to go, and then

did a mini lap of honour when the game finished.

He never lost his head, didn’t spit or injury anyone, just added to the excitement that usually comes with an old firm game.

Great stuff Diouf, but please don’t come back :tu:

Great stuff but do come back.Bring Sam with you.

Anyone who thinks Diouf is a "legend" after last nights "antics" is a bigger fool than him. Last night only served to reinforce how much of an idiot he is when Sam isn't in charge and how glad I am that he's no longer a Rovers player.

He was probably one of the worst players on the pitch last night and the only thing one sided about last nights game was the quality of football on show.

I'm not Lennons biggest fan but the fact that he's the subject of death threats and facebook pages about him being this that and the other, shows how good a job he's doing at Celtic Park.

Anyone who thinks Diouf is a "legend" after last nights "antics" is a bigger fool than him. Last night only served to reinforce how much of an idiot he is when Sam isn't in charge and how glad I am that he's no longer a Rovers player.

He was probably one of the worst players on the pitch last night and the only thing one sided about last nights game was the quality of football on show.

I'm not Lennons biggest fan but the fact that he's the subject of death threats and facebook pages about him being this that and the other, shows how good a job he's doing at Celtic Park.

I would have to say even though the game was very one sided, there was no quality on show!

Lennon is only doing a good job because Rangers are so poor and too skint to replace anybody. To put it another way, he is like a jockey riding an average horse in a two horse race where the other horse is lame and twice as old!

I think his outbursts which helped start the refs strike and threaten with a 6 match ban maybe another reason for the threats against him.

To be honest I thought Lennon was at least as bad as Diouf was. The whole thing started because Diouf was at the touchline getting some instructions from McCoist and for no reason at all Lennon came over and obviously said something derogatory that wound up both Diouf and McCoist. Diouf's only other misdemeanours were getting booked after the match for mouthing off to the ref too much (who was pretty one-sided) and thanking the Rangers fans. I don't really see how his "antics" were that bad.

Performance-wise yeah he was rubbish but he was playing in a position to which he is totally unsuited (loan striker at 5'11 and 11st 9lbs) for a team who could offer him no service with 10 men and are worse than Celtic anyway and were playing away. I'd prefer to judge him on the performances he's put in for Rovers this season.

3 red cards (including Diouf) and 10 bookings, manager's squaring up too....

So what's new? It's an old firm game......the only real difference being the presence of EHD to add a little extra spice. Situation normal.

What antics exactly? Lennon clearly said something outrageous as he incensed McCoist too. No doubt he said something stupid to the referee at the end, but to be fair that was one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen - I'd have said something too.

Guest linganzi

Am I missing something here? Did he score a winning goal or set one up?

Oh, he made himself the centre of attention and had no impact on the result of a game that his team lost. Sounds about right then, though I haven't slept for weeks wondering how we will replace his 3 goals in 2 years.

Don't you lose sleep over how exposed salgado has been or don't you see that on the grainy internet feed? It's bot just about goals

EHD was a poor player in a poor team last night and, as has happened so often during his career, when his pathetic attempts to equalise the lack of ability by trying to wind up opponents failed he lost the plot and got himself sent off. Not too far off being arrested as well by the looks of it. During his spell at Rangers he may play in up to 5 Old Firm games and if the evidence of the last 2 is anything to go by is unlikely to end up as a legend over in Soap Dodging land (apart from with Celtic fans).

Am I missing something here?

Your marbles ?

Funny how the since the best footballer in the club left Ewood the Rovers right flank has looked vulnerable, the whole team disjointed and there is no one capable of retaining possession to take pressure off our beleaguered defence.

Funny how the since the best footballer in the club left Ewood the Rovers right flank has looked vulnerable, the whole team disjointed and there is no one capable of retaining possession to take pressure off our beleaguered defence.

I thought that was Pedersen!? :o

Gotta love all the revisionism about Diouf now. Hilarious! He's okay for the last 15minutes to hog the ball and waste time, but that's a lot to pay for a bench-warmer with a bad attitude.

I thought that was Pedersen!? :o

Gotta love all the revisionism about Diouf now. Hilarious! He's okay for the last 15minutes to hog the ball and waste time, but that's a lot to pay for a bench-warmer with a bad attitude.

I totally agree. He was too slow, couldn't mark and didn't run very often. He retained the ball often enough to win free kicks and that was his greatest contribution. A big Sam player all over...

I totally agree. He was too slow, couldn't mark and didn't run very often. He retained the ball often enough to win free kicks and that was his greatest contribution. A big Sam player all over...

He never gave the ball away cheaply. Not something you could say about a single player of ours over the course of the last two or three games.

EHD was a good player for us.

He was a very hard worker up and down the pitch and he held the ball up terrifically well when we were under pressure. He was just a good solid PL footballer with alot of experience at this level.

I must add that I don't think it would be just his work on the pitch that would be missed. He seemed to be popular and would have been a big character at training.

IMO to see Kean be so unsupportive towards him after the Warnock incident would have had a detrimental effect on the other players.

Don't you lose sleep over how exposed salgado has been or don't you see that on the grainy internet feed? It's bot just about goals

I see every game home and away in full on my 40" plasma thanks. You should get with the times.

I hadn't realised that Diouf's sole purpose was to protect a full back whose legs have gone. Of course we couldn't possibly ask Emerton to do that.

The last time I saw Diouf run was setting up the goal against Arsenal, on the left wing btw, and I was amazed by his defensive capabilities when he stood admiring Gerrard's goal against us.

We're poor because of a rookie manager changing tactics, formation and personnel, not because Diouf is now falling over at Rangers every week.

I see every game home and away in full on my 40" plasma thanks. You should get with the times.

I hadn't realised that Diouf's sole purpose was to protect a full back whose legs have gone. Of course we couldn't possibly ask Emerton to do that.

The last time I saw Diouf run was setting up the goal against Arsenal, on the left wing btw, and I was amazed by his defensive capabilities when he stood admiring Gerrard's goal against us.

We're poor because of a rookie manager changing tactics, formation and personnel, not because Diouf is now falling over at Rangers every week.

Conveniently forgetting all the good parts of Diouf's game that have been missed since he left. Or do you want a discussion on each and every individual mistake that all the Rovers players make ?

Agree we're poor because of the manager but he hasn't helped himself by releasing one of the few Rovers players who can actually play football.

Archived