SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] diouf

Miker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The decision to allow Diouf to go on loan to Rangers after being bullied by Warnock shows, IMO, just how inept Kean is.

This is tantamount to a suicide note in our position.

EHD has all the qualities we need RIGHT NOW, never mind Rochina or Formica.

Is there a recall clause for this potential saviour ?

"Steve Kean revealed that, when he took over as Rovers manager, he told Diouf he wanted to give 20-year-old Junior Hoilett a run in the first-team.

"Hence the reason why he went on loan to Rangers," Kean told BBC Scotland.

"But he has one year left of his deal, so I don't know if Rangers will want to take up the last year of his contract."

My link

Strange then, that EHD was playing well and starting most games until Warnock got stuck into him. I mean, is Kean really saying that he told EHD that he could leave because he was going to play Hoilett instead? What if Hoilett had got injured, where would that have left him? and he's also saying EHD can stay at Rangers next season even though Junior hasn't signed a new contract yet and could well be sold.

More lies methinks.

Every time Kean opens his mouth, IMO, he digs deeper and deeper - again, IMO, the guy has no credibility whatsover, a complete joke.

EHD can play right, left, through the centre and in the hole - as evidenced by his spells at Liverpool, Bolton and Rovers.

As I've said before, flexibility, experience, passion and no shortgae of skill - sounds like a CV for a relegation fight to me!

Can anyone really complain about moving Diouf on? The guy is on big wages, more than he deserves. He regularly brings to club into the headlines for the wrong reasons. He's a totally unlikeable character. His play is usually average at best. Complain about everything else, but moving Diouf on was good business. Hopefully we will be able to sell him in the summer.

Can anyone really complain about moving Diouf on?

The guy is on big wages, more than he deserves. He regularly brings to club into the headlines for the wrong reasons. He's a totally unlikeable character. His play is usually average at best. Complain about everything else, but moving Diouf on was good business. Hopefully we will be able to sell him in the summer.

He was playing well for us Eddie. In fact I would definitely say he would have been a big bonus for us over the last month or so. Please explain how it's been good business - in our current situation. You think there's been some kind of improvement in the results, or something?

The point of the post though, was the lies/bull* again from the manager. In fact, IMO, he's made a bad decision and followed it up by lying about his reasons..

*Whichever you prefer.

Amazing. Kalinic, Andrews, Dunn and the like should all move on. Diouf was average during the first half of the season.

..and to clarify, by that I mean that they would instantly be held in high esteem.

Can anyone really complain about moving Diouf on? The guy is on big wages, more than he deserves. He regularly brings to club into the headlines for the wrong reasons. He's a totally unlikeable character. His play is usually average at best. Complain about everything else, but moving Diouf on was good business. Hopefully we will be able to sell him in the summer.

No idea how you came up with that. Diouf had good patches and bad patches but even on balance he is probably our best performing attacking player bar Hoilett.

Would Diouf been a better option wide than Mama Diouf against Blackpool? The answer to that is yes.

...but several other players would have been a better option.

Better performing than Olsson? Hardly. Better performing than MGP? Not if you aren't in the group that counts every misplaced pass as more important than an assist. He's a decent premier league player, but he has never been anything more than that. The baggage that he brings is not outweighed by his quality.

I don't really care what others may have said on this thread, my opinion on him has always been the same. He is a mediocre player. He suited the Allardyce system, but he has always been overpaid and overvalued. In an ideal world would he be good to have around the club as a substitute? Of course. Is he on the salary of a substitute? Not at all.

We're also paying part of his wages according to the LT.

We're in big danger of going down and we're doing things like this. Crazy.

Say what!? I'd put him on the left instead of MGP every time. There are so many basic football decisions that have been made wrongly this season. I really hope Venky's put up the money in the summer regardless of PL status, but we desperately need to stay up - can't believe a veteran like Diouf gets shipped out in the manner he did.

Diouff is made out as a awful, nasty swine in the press. He might be, I don't know, I've never met him.

I can say that I think he's a cynical, cold hearted, arrogant/fearless, nasty(?) player. Those are the traits that you need is a relegation scrap.

It's not a popular opinion but.we've missed Diouf since he went out on loan.

We've missed him enormously.

Kean should have stuck two fingers up to the football world and said that he is our player and we are backing him. Kean might have just earned himself a bit more respect and credibility if he had done.

We've missed him enormously.

Kean should have stuck two fingers up to the football world and said that he is our player and we are backing him. Kean might have just earned himself a bit more respect and credibility if he had done.

Oh C'mon. Beat Kean with a stick when needed, but let's not forget that Spit came out and said he wanted away as he wasn't happy with the way Sam had been treated. He was also quoted as saying he didn't want to come back.

This is just lynch mob mentality!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived