BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] diouf

Miker

You don't realise how valuable some players are until they aint there !

Tony Parkes wasn't the greatest player in the world but, bloody hell, when he was missing, you couldn't half tell.

Dioufy was instrumental in keeping us up when Sam signed him.

What does he offer - spirit, fight, passion, some creativity, excellent ball retention, a tireless worker and he's very rarely injured!

Compare that to, IMO, some of the present jokers and you then realise why we are stuffed and heading downwards pretty rapidly.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't realise how valuable some players are until they aint there !

Tony Parkes wasn't the greatest player in the world but, bloody hell, when he was missing, you couldn't half tell.

Dioufy was instrumental in keeping us up when Sam signed him.

What does he offer - spirit, fight, passion, some creativity, excellent ball retention, a tireless worker and he's very rarely injured!

Compare that to, IMO, some of the present jokers and you then realise why we are stuffed and heading downwards pretty rapidly.

I thought he was supposed to be completely demotivated because of Sam's sacking?

Guest linganzi

Fair enough who would you have out wide, Olsson & Junior or Diouf and one of those two. Simple answer for me.

its a squad game, id like diouf to be in the squad, id like the option of all 3 in some combination

diouf is steady, had a good season, we obviously miss him. kean bottled it, he let that rat warnock win a media battle we have always been losing.

Fair enough who would you have out wide, Olsson & Junior or Diouf and one of those two. Simple answer for me.

Olsson's played more at left back, for whatever reasons, since Kean took charge!

I didn't see anyone give a squat about Diouf when Hoilett & Olsson were flying down the flanks against Liverpool & WBA.

Now things are looking shaky, people are clinging to one of Sam's cast-offs. Obvious, really.

Guest linganzi

Diouf played against Liverpool he came on and did a vital job when it looked like it may slip away.

His contribution is missed,

Stay in Toronto, support your local club, its pointless claiming you support the rovers. You don't. Keep a note of our results ok, but anything other is only like those man u fans in Essex

I didn't see anyone give a squat about Diouf when Hoilett & Olsson were flying down the flanks against Liverpool & WBA.

Now things are looking shaky, people are clinging to one of Sam's cast-offs. Obvious, really.

Diouf was performing well though, and offers something different than the two others you mentioned above. Don't forget that Olsson played left back in our previous game and Hoilett was out with injury.

Kean ain't really had a choice has he? Givet has been injured.

Kean should really have thought about injuries before shipping Diouf off to Glasgow,he should know players get injuries and go in and out of form but he obviously didn't consider that.

Diouf played against Liverpool he came on and did a vital job when it looked like it may slip away.

Ball-watching for Gerrard's goal, IIRC.

Diouf was performing well though, and offers something different than the two others you mentioned above. Don't forget that Olsson played left back in our previous game and Hoilett was out with injury.

Started the season well enough, then went back to being hit & miss. Some days he'd bother, other days he'd prefer to play panto villain.

Stay in Toronto, support your local club, its pointless claiming you support the rovers. You don't. Keep a note of our results ok, but anything other is only like those man u fans in Essex

I see that the worst (serious) poster in history is still at large. You've already proved you can dish it out but have a hard time taking it, so how about keeping the insults to yourself little man?

Linganzi, im a season ticket holder from Hereford with no family links to Blackburn. I suppose in your view I should also not be entitled to support rovers despite travelling all over Europe and spending thousands of pounds on the club I love

Pleased you kindly pointed out that us fans from outside Blackburn are basically worthless. Where do I apply for my refund!!!

Muppet!!

Guest linganzi

Linganzi, im a season ticket holder from Hereford with no family links to Blackburn. I suppose in your view I should also not be entitled to support rovers despite travelling all over Europe and spending thousands of pounds on the club I love

Pleased you kindly pointed out that us fans from outside Blackburn are basically worthless. Where do I apply for my refund!!!

Muppet!!

That's not what I meant at all, you actively support the club good on you, I've lived out of the area in the past and also travelled to fill my seat , had I not it would be slightly pointless calling myself a rovers ' supporter' . Apologies for lack of clarity

So, basically us from Norway, Sweden, Holland, Italy and rest of the world who don't fill the seats arent entitled to call ourselves Rovers supporters?

Take no notice. We are obviously not all blessed with good manners and common sense.

Guest linganzi

Course you can but if I was from Sweden I'd be inclined to support my local club , if I was travelling regularly to support that's a different matter .

Yeah take no notice

He lives in Toronto! Not exactly hopping over from the Isle of Man is it!

I'm sure EiT is Darwen born and bred, why the bloody hell should he support some other club?

once you are on the isle of man can you get off ?

You make a point, mine was badly made

That's utter rubbish. If Hoilet or Olsson were flying down the wings , good. But at other times we needed something different and Diouf supplied it.

You are talking nonsense and you have the manager to suit.

Guest linganzi

I still support my local club, but for one reason (which i can't explain) my passion for Rovers is much deeper then for my local club.

Yes I guess we all have our reasons , I'm forgetting the anomalies of football. Hands up my bad.

Back to subject

Our squad is absolutely pi55-pot poor as it is.

Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard was well-stocked compared to our squad.

Now Diouf has never been my cup of tea, but to let him go out on loan was crackes. Arguably our squad is now weaker, despite the four new arrivals. 2 don't play at all, one just doesn't really do anything and the other one spends more time in the treatment room than he does on the pitch, and when he does make it out, he just jogs around.

The whole thing is just a disaster zone. But this is what happens when you let loose people in the boardroom and pitchside who don't have a clue what they're doing.

Back on topic, in my opinion would diouf have improved our team against villa, yes he would.

He can hold up the ball and win free kicks. Something we failed to do against villa. If we have the ball they can't score, simple as that.

That's utter rubbish. If Hoilet or Olsson were flying down the wings , good. But at other times we needed something different and Diouf supplied it.

Diouf is notorious for being a rotten apple without Sam to babysit him, and he didn't want to be here anymore. Kean did the right thing offloading him ASAP.

You are talking nonsense and you have the manager to suit.

No points for originality, I'm afraid. :(

Archived