BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

Makes perfect sense, after all I've lost count of the amount of times Barcelona have tried to sign one of our players :rolleyes:

You've completely missed the point.

Remember our arrangement with Cercle Brugge? How many times did we sign players off them? Never.

However, how many times did our players go to to them...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've completely missed the point.

Remember our arrangement with Cercle Brugge? How many times did we sign players off them? Never.

However, how many times did our players go to to them...

Yeah and I never saw the point of that either, there's nothing stopping us loaning our players to the Championship (a better league to bed players in ready for the Prem) and you don't need to set up some special agreement to do so either.

Barcelona have a B team team that competes in their Championship which negates the need for a feeder club. How often will they have a player that they can't tell how good he is by playing him in their B team in a competitive league, so that they have to give him to us to make sure he is good enough for their A team? They might as well scrap their B team if that were ever the case.

woosh!

I got your poor attempt at humour, you obviously didn't get mine. Woosh.

You clearly don't understand the concept of how a feeder club system works. It's a one way thing, we take young/fringe players, give them first team experience in one of the top leagues in the world, on a regular basis.

Barce get to see if said young/fringe player is likely to make it. Makes perfect sense given we are a top 7 PL side these days, playing free flowing football. :tu:

Yeah and I never saw the point of that either, there's nothing stopping us loaning our players to the Championship (a better league to bed players in ready for the Prem) and you don't need to set up some special agreement to do so either.

Barcelona have a B team team that competes in their Championship which negates the need for a feeder club. How often will they have a player that they can't tell how good he is by playing him in their B team in a competitive league, so that they have to give him to us to make sure he is good enough for their A team? They might as well scrap their B team if that were ever the case.

Oh my word.

Is a season in their second division going to provide a bright prospect with a good a platform to develop for a year than a season on loan training with and playing for a Premier League club?

I got your poor attempt at humour, you obviously didn't get mine. Woosh.

No you were trying to pick it apart, as someone once said dissecting a joke is like dissecting a frog, you can but it dies.

You clearly don't understand the concept of how a feeder club system works. It's a one way thing, we take young/fringe players, give them first team experience in one of the top leagues in the world, on a regular basis.

Barce get to see if said young/fringe player is likely to make it. Makes perfect sense given we are a top 7 PL side these days, playing free flowing football. :tu:

Oh my word.

Is a season in their second division going to provide a bright prospect with a good a platform to develop for a year than a season on loan training with and playing for a Premier League club?

So what is the point of their B team?

What's the point of out Reserves?

I put this guy on ignore ages ago.

It would be so good that I refuse to believe it until it happens. Just think about our worldwide reputation.

If it was true (can't see it myself) it would go some way to understanding why they got rid of Sam when they did. His style would have no future under an arrangement with Barca.

What's the point of out Reserves?

The reserves don't play in a competitive league like they do in Spain. If our reserves played in the Championship we wouldn't need to loan our young players out to see how they get on.

You always seem to be forgetting that the English and Spanish leagues are culturally different and the game is played in a different way. Just because a player does well for us in the Premier League doesn't mean they'll do well in La Liga or vice versa.

The reserves don't play in a competitive league like they do in Spain. If our reserves played in the Championship we wouldn't need to loan our young players out to see how they get on.

You always seem to be forgetting that the English and Spanish leagues are culturally different and the game is played in a different way. Just because a player does well for us in the Premier League doesn't mean they'll do well in La Liga or vice versa.

Like Fabregas?

They could have sent him to us on loan. He wouldn't have needed to join Arsenal

I put this guy on ignore ages ago.

Well if you didn't put me on ignore like a child throwing hos toys out of his pram you would have seen that I didn't say it wasn't a good idea. Although having said that the notion that being anyone's feeder club is 100% positive is silly too.

It would be so good that I refuse to believe it until it happens. Just think about our worldwide reputation.

If it was true (can't see it myself) it would go some way to understanding why they got rid of Sam when they did. His style would have no future under an arrangement with Barca.

So you actually agree with me as all my posts were doing is saying I doubt it's true :rolleyes:

Well if you didn't put me on ignore like a child throwing hos toys out of his pram you would have seen that I didn't say it wasn't a good idea. Although having said that the notion that being anyone's feeder club is 100% positive is silly too.

So you actually agree with me as all my posts were doing is saying I doubt it's true :rolleyes:

That's told him...sorta

Archived