BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

PART 4 went off topic. Please use this thread for transfer talk only.

Previously in the transfer thread:

Signed: Roque Santa Cruz (6 Month Loan), Jermaine Jones (6 Month Loan)

Players Linked: Charlie Adam, Mauro Formica, Ruben Rochina, Victor Vasquez, Sebastian Larsson, Juan Riquelme.

Summary:

As of Friday 21st January it seems that Mauro Formica and Sebastian Larsson are the two players who are most strongly linked. However it is still possible that Ruben Rochina and Victor Vasquez could sign. Steve Kean has admitted that Juan Riquelme is a target but not likely to happen in this window.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Realistically Rochina and Larsson will be signed this window, and might or might not join before the summer.

- Formica might well happen in what seems to be a complicated deal. Puzzling, but at least a good chance we'll see him in a Rovers shirt.

- On the sidelines regarding Adam, I have a feeling that one won't be happening.

- Vasquez, not too many sources on that one. Strange that sources reporting interest in Rochina are saying nothing about VV. I'm therefore sceptical to this one happening.

- Riquelme, don't think so. At least not now. Which means probably never in my book.

Thoughts?

I love how 94 pages of "Transfer Thread 4" were comfortably condensed into a single post that started this new thread.

Benni McCarthy?! They can offer him, but it'll be a "no thanks". After Santa Cruz, getting rid of him was the best bit of business we've done in recent years.

- Realistically Rochina and Larsson will be signed this window, and might or might not join before the summer.

- Formica might well happen in what seems to be a complicated deal. Puzzling, but at least a good chance we'll see him in a Rovers shirt.

- On the sidelines regarding Adam, I have a feeling that one won't be happening.

- Vasquez, not too many sources on that one. Strange that sources reporting interest in Rochina are saying nothing about VV. I'm therefore sceptical to this one happening.

- Riquelme, don't think so. At least not now. Which means probably never in my book.

Thoughts?

Been scouring the net in spanish and english in regards the Formica deal, but can't find many updates. According to the Mirror we have made a bid of £4m - http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Blackburn-table-bid-for-Argentine-playmaker-Mauro-Formica-article677645.html

I still think Rochina will sign before the window closes one way or another, not a priority, we have plenty of options upfront these days. In regards to VV, was chatting to a friend who lives in Barcelona this morning, and he reckons the guy is class, and deserves first team football on a regular basis, but has no chance at Barce. I think he might be a better option than Formica.

Larsson, well Birmingham have to decide, let him go now and get somethings, or lose him for nothing in the summer. They have Bentley on loan, Larsson has made it clear he wants to leave, and handed in a transfer request. I don't think he is a priority though, and can wait until the summer.

Riquelme, forget him in the summer, he will be 33 rolling on 34, i'm not convinced he is want Venkys have in mind as a marquee signing either. IMO

just had to post this, it tickled me...............................

@SkySportsbucko: Skysports.com understands West Ham United are interested in Blackburn Rovers attacker El Hadji Diouf and could offer Benni McCarthy in exchange.

lolololololololol.

If that isn't an indictment of the quality of Sky Sports information, nothing is!

EDIT: Oops quoted wrong post :D

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered in a previous thread , but last night on talksport Steve kean said he had enquired about "a couple of Fulham players" now i think we kno Duff was one but who was the other??

just had to post this, it tickled me...............................

@SkySportsbucko: Skysports.com understands West Ham United are interested in Blackburn Rovers attacker El Hadji Diouf and could offer Benni McCarthy in exchange.

These people call themselves journalists...

Where do they get this stuff from?

Yesterday they reported that Benni was going to QPR.

These people call themselves journalists...

Where do they get this stuff from?

Yesterday they reported that Benni was going to QPR.

I heard that Sky has a large wheel with teams names on it which they then spin, there is a clicker (much like Wheel of Fortune) that slowly slows the wheel and matches the club with a player to devise their story.

This is a slightly more technical version of the Mirror's rig which involves a dartboard, sticky notes, a blindfold, a players almanac, and a finger.

I heard that Sky has a large wheel with teams names on it which they then spin, there is a clicker (much like Wheel of Fortune) that slowly slows the wheel and matches the club with a player to devise their story.

This is a slightly more technical version of the Mirror's rig which involves a dartboard, sticky notes, a blindfold, a players almanac, and a finger.

I want to vote this up but the button has gone :angry2:

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered in a previous thread , but last night on talksport Steve kean said he had enquired about "a couple of Fulham players" now i think we kno Duff was one but who was the other??

Rumoured to be Dempsey.

Archived