SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool have a £4 million bid rejected for Adam

Hmmm.

Difficult to understand our strategy here, or seemingly lack of it.

IMO, he would have been ours if we had moved early and decisively with real intent.

I'd wager the hammers will not have paid for him yet so it ... fits the bill.

Great and entertaining footballer... fits the bill.

Couldn't get on with Allardyce...... fits the bill.

Ageing marquee signing whose best day are behind him... fits the bill.

And if they open a Venkeys in Blackburn the Rao's will get all his wages back!

I think this is a goer!

:lol:

Hmmm.

IMO, he would have been ours if we had moved early and decisively with real intent.

This is a strange transfers saga indeed. There are a lot of clubs who all rate him but are not willing to pay much. Blackpool know he will leave during the next window but before that they have to survive in PL. They have played so well but there is every chance to go down if things go wrong. Other words, they find the level everyone expected. In their position I wouldn´t sell. Rovers can´t really do anything now if Adam is not thought to be worth for break the bank. Bringing in someone else like Formica would make sence.

He's 33.

He was already contracted with us until the Summer of 2012. So if this is a 2 year extension, that will make him 36, a few months away from being 37, when his contract expires. With it being an extension, you'd imagine it will be at the same wage he is on now. Personally, I can see his powers fading after this season, so this strikes me as an utterly pointless deal. If his wages have stayed the same for his extension, we will find him impossible to shift when we need to.

A 2 year deal for Nelsen is great in my opinion.

Although he isn't the fastest defender we've got, he compensates his lack of pace with experience, technical defending and intelligence.

Additionally, I think today's knowledge about fitness makes age less an issue, which is evident when looking at Salgado, Giggs, Scholes etc, players who still perform at top level.

Hmmm.

Speculation.

Our strategy is to wait until a bid gets accepted. When it does we either match it or we don't.

Adam is a quality player, and Blackpool have known that for a while. It was a pipe dream to imagine we were going to get him cheap.

A 2 year deal for Nelsen is great in my opinion.

Although he isn't the fastest defender we've got, he compensates his lack of pace with experience, technical defending and intelligence.

Additionally, I think today's knowledge about fitness makes age less an issue, which is evident when looking at Salgado, Giggs, Scholes etc, players who still perform at the top level.

Not a two year deal, a two year extension. He was already under contract for another year and a half (enough, for me). Do you really think he is going to be good enough for us at center half at 35 or 36? He looked dodgy after his legs went last time (for a while after major surgery). Especially if we're looking to progress, sign youngsters, and keep Samba and Jones here...Ryan has been a great servant, but what's the point? Surely just see how he is doing halfway through next season.

A colleague from my work's stepdad was at the opening of a sports store in Preston or something where Charlie Adam was opening it. Spoke to him and his agent and apparently about 5 clubs including Chelsea and Tottenham have made an approach for him but not us.

Don't shoot me down over this one as it could be untrue. Just relaying what was said to me.

Has there not been speculation that Larsson turned down moves to both Newcastle & Sunderland who'd agreed a sizeable fee with Brum ? Then he's supposed to be staying @ Brum until the end of the season when he can then move for free and then along come Rovers with a 'cheeky' bid. Brum could be a tad upset! The vagaries of the transfer world circus!

Exactly. Why would we want a player seemingly inferior to Blackman given their relative scoring records in the SPL.

Yeah sizable fee with Brum, which was said too be 1m.. but at the expense of the players contract/signing on fee? As a player which one would you go for? And as a club would you be willing too loose over 1m (fee/pay/bonuses) for the difference?

Guess that begs the question why where we willing too pay more on the players contract.. hopefully the new bosses are not looking too much at our existing contract structure given our history of overpaying players (Khish as an example).

One thing that has confussed the hell out of me, even more than the club, is what is going on here with the peeps with contacts.. They seem completly at odds at the moment, 1/3 are saying one thing.. 1/3 another and 1/3 have become almost nasty in their comments... Sure we have disagreements on players from time too time and disagreements with each other (part of being a passionate fan) but this is becoming very black/white/grey atm with each group seemingly having knowledge of what is going on with totally conflicting facts (that they cant elaborate on).

He was already contracted with us until the Summer of 2012. So if this is a 2 year extension, that will make him 36, a few months away from being 37, when his contract expires. With it being an extension, you'd imagine it will be at the same wage he is on now. Personally, I can see his powers fading after this season, so this strikes me as an utterly pointless deal. If his wages have stayed the same for his extension, we will find him impossible to shift when we need to.

He's a human being. A decent human being.

Why are people so cold? He's been a great servant to Rovers. Fans are the first to get on a player's back for showing no signs of loyalty or morality (and rightly) but surely it has to go both ways.

I think it's slightly strange to offer him an extension, but I'm not against it. He'll be a good a role model for the youngsters and a good back up option in defence.

I work on the internet btw.. may I ask where is the standard disclaimer?

Adding a disclaimer stating that the content within the forums is the opionions of the forum users not the opinions of the site owners excludes the site from being taken too court over user writen content... Helped write some for certain large pharma companies for so called chariy sites so I know its pretty easy too do.

This would allow for free posting without constraint.

And please dont ban me from these comments.. Would just love too know why there are such extreme difs between so called in the know people.

Charlie Adam news is a bit of a blow.

Liverpool have offered £4.5 million which is above the Villa bid.

Blackpool have rejected it.

However Adam will not take this one lying down.

Sadly Liverpool will turn his head here - so that one is going to be off the shopping list.

Dalglish was not 100 per cent sure about the deal but has been persuaded.

This is a setback in my book.

Sadly Liverpool will turn his head here - so that one is going to be off the shopping list.

Nicko do you think £4m is close to figure Blackpool will accept?

Adding a disclaimer stating that the content within the forums is the opionions of the forum users not the opinions of the site owners excludes the site from being taken too court over user writen content... Helped write some for certain large pharma companies for so called chariy sites so I know its pretty easy too do.

And please dont ban me from these comments.. Would just love too know why there are such extreme difs between so called in the know people.

I work in the "internet" world too. As a Senior Tester for a company with major news sites (mentioned on here a lot) and would never let the devs/designers use a simple disclaimer be the cover for legal issues. Only limiting the site permanently to members only who accept Terms and Conditions would satisfy that. Its not just what can stand up in court, its the harm bad press and bad relations can do.

Any onto topic - I agree with those who say its great RN is getting a new contract - yes hes getting on but has and will continue to be a great servant of the club. I would love it (in KK style) if he stays on at the club after he hangs up his boots.

Big setback IMO.

This is the only one of our realistic prospects who got me genuinely excited.

I've wondered that as well. Plenty of things online articles (including well known sites) use phrases like "opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily xxxxxx.com".

I always assumed there was a good reason so never asked, but other forums I go on have plenty of scandalous things on there, no-one seems to care.

Archived