SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest linganzi

How so?

He isn't perfect by any means but he is the most important poster on here by some margin. The stats will no doubt prove it.

This is a rovers board with a lot of informed posters

It's a rovers board and his importance is preceded by all those who support the club , he will admit that I imagine .

The Diouf headline was tacky but its fair enough u suppose, remember the overall audience, bot us , not me anyway

The Diouf headline was tacky but its fair enough u suppose, remember the overall audience, bot us , not me anyway

Nixon probably hasn't even seen the headline. Writing those is the sub editor's job.

As headlines go it's not bad. It's topical and has a pun in it.

Headlines are written by people who live in London, if you're enough of a bellend to like living there, chances are you have no respect for the north or anything based in it. Especially Rovers.

This is a rovers board .........

indeed it is

with a lot of informed posters

extremely questionable

It's a rovers board and his importance is preceded by all those who support the club , he will admit that I imagine

I think so

The rags and their reporters are there to sell papers not appease Rovers fans.

I'm not a Nicorette :o by any means but to suggest he needs this board more than it needs him is ludicrous. One only has to think back to the build up to Wednesday nights 11 o'clocker, the board goes into melt down for what exactly?

This place is busy because of Nicko, Kamy and a couple of others, it wouldn't be much without them. I often wonder why they bother when you see all the abuse they get. Long may they continue to highlight the possible comings and goings.

• Backroom

They released a statement after we got Roque and Jones saying that the top players were coming this transfer window. 8 days left.

A lot can happen in 8 days (but probably won't)

Anyway what happened to your promise of no moaning all season if we didn't sign Heskey :P

This is a rovers board with a lot of informed posters

It's a rovers board and his importance is preceded by all those who support the club , he will admit that I imagine .

Well said, Amine. :)

JohnD can be forgiven as it looks as if he's recently jumped onboard. But he should also know that the vast majority of posters did not come on just to see what tidbits Alan can toss us-- there's a lot more to BRFCS than the transfer thread and Alan would be the first to admit that (as you said).

The writing was on the wall for Adam when we got Jones in, I feel. I'm disappointed and in hindsight, perhaps one-upping Villa's bid whilst they still had Bent on the go and Hodgson was still at Liverpool might have seen us land the player. That said, there is no point getting mugged off for him. At £5m, more than a few posters were raising eyebrows about it. In another era, we paid £7.5m for Ferguson but a bidding war here will just see Liverpool paying more. He won't turn down the opportunity to play for Dalglish.

If the Argenitian lad is half-ways decent it might not matter so much.

But I think we need a couple more reinforcements to call this a good window. As usual though, January's a mare for getting anything done without paying a significant premium

If we truly wanted Adam we wouldve gone for him from the start. Our lack of activity on that says it all. Anyway, he is no more than a 3m Pound player. But about sitting back and watching a slugfest between Blackpool and others, then heroically jumping in and matching the bid to watch Adam run with his arms wide open into our club was a fantasy.

For a team with money, we've been acting very unlike that scenario all through out the window. There's nothing wrong with buying smartly (efficiently, loans, etc...), but I dont like being fed RUBBISH and expected to believe it just cause its coming out of someone's mouth.

The writing was on the wall for Adam when we got Jones in, I feel. I'm disappointed and in hindsight, perhaps one-upping Villa's bid whilst they still had Bent on the go and Hodgson was still at Liverpool might have seen us land the player. That said, there is no point getting mugged off for him. At £5m, more than a few posters were raising eyebrows about it. In another era, we paid £7.5m for Ferguson but a bidding war here will just see Liverpool paying more. He won't turn down the opportunity to play for Dalglish.

If the Argenitian lad is half-ways decent it might not matter so much.

But I think we need a couple more reinforcements to call this a good window. As usual though, January's a mare for getting anything done without paying a significant premium

Dont believe thats the case at all in regards too jones.. from when the window opened we have been looking at rm (EHD replacement), dm (that we have always needed), cf, am (that we have been lacking for years) and a bunch of kids (too fit with the owners plans) too me its more of a case of when his (Adam) price started too get silly we switched too formica.

Think we have actually been pretty clever in general, not joining in any bidding wars, sticking too players who are soon too be out of contract (Larsson, Rochina etc), giving trials too players who have had recent career blips (JJ and RSC) and a single risk player with potential who is not currently over priced but may be more popular in the summer when full transfer budgets are set (Formica).

Really cant see us continueing our interest in Adam if we get Formica but could be wrong if Kean sees him as one for the future or as a second striker.

Who would be the cream of the crop though in terms of soon too be out of contract (i.e. out of contract in the summer)?

If Rovers only had £5m to play with in the beginning including wages, and Philip is somewhere near correct in that Rovers have so far spent upto 70% of this budget then talk of other players coming in must be seriously doubtful unless that is players are moved out.

My only concern is turning these loan players into purchases come the summer, how much will this cost and still allow for other purchases you just cant see it happening.

indeed it is

extremely questionable

I think so

I'm not a Nicorette :o by any means but to suggest he needs this board more than it needs him is ludicrous. One only has to think back to the build up to Wednesday nights 11 o'clocker, the board goes into melt down for what exactly?

This place is busy because of Nicko, Kamy and a couple of others, it wouldn't be much without them. I often wonder why they bother when you see all the abuse they get. Long may they continue to highlight the possible comings and goings.

Many would say the board was a better place before him (not because of him, but because of those that he has brought here). He also gets plenty of tips via PM to make it worth the visit.

Many would say the board was a better place before him (not because of him, but because of those that he has brought here). He also gets plenty of tips via PM to make it worth the visit.

Spot on American.

Anyone who thinks Nicko posts on here purely for our benefit is, to put it politely, naive.

Right then where's our marquee signing? ;)

Roque and Jones

Better than Fuller eh?

Better than many recent windows I think, thus far. Let's see where we are when it all pans out at the end of the window. Still I have a feeling nowt will make you very pleased. :)

indeed it is

extremely questionable

I think so

No disrespect meant for either person but the board was just fine in the years before they came along, They have added a new dimension but to suggest it wouldn't be much with out them is just silly.

No disrespect meant for either person but the board was just fine in the years before they came along, They have added a new dimension but to suggest it wouldn't be much with out them is just silly.

Correct. However, I happen to find new dimensions pretty useful overall, and of course they don't have to take THEIR time up coming on here, but they do, so, I'm sure I'm not in the minority on this when I say I appreciate their input to the board.

Also, can we stop over simplifying the January transfer window please, especially with regards to Adam et all, I'm sure our guys at our club know what they are doing, all you achieve by rushing in and placing a bid is looking stupid and putting the price up, his agent will know the score, and if he wants out, he'll get out, eventually, you can't blame Blackpool for wanting their money's worth, win-win for them, they keep him, they have a better chance of staying up, if they don't, they get good money and a tidy profit. A lot happens in a week guys!

p.s. So far I'm liking the window for us, and RSC and JOnes are a great start, and I like the look of this Formica fella.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3365354/Michael-Carrick-is-free-to-leave-Manchester-United-in-the-summer.html

as long as the fee is no more than 7-8million i would love to see him at rovers next season protects the back four and a fantastic passer of the ball would link very well with our speedy wingers

Archived