BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

Is it only me that isnt too bothered that Adam may have 'passed us by'?

Never even bid for him, so bloody strange tactics if he was a target!!

Niko Kranjar would be a far better option but probably wont happen. Lets hope the Formica deal gets done.

I'm not too bothered, he may well turn out to be a flash in the pan. Blackpool obviously suits him. Krancjaer would be a good 'un.

The only thing is though, if he is a target, why no bid at all?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houllier doesn't rate Warnock, warnock hates Houllier, Villa still owe us money, he's not sure to get many games at Liverpool, he's known to have been happy here, he can play 2 or 3 positions and rumours have mentioned that Mrs Givet wants to move house. imo if we can get him he'd be a damned good move for us and much better than continually chasing billy big times whose best seasons began with a 19 in front of them.

Tuncay would be excellent for us and for providing a Berkovitz type service to any one of our strikers and he's been totally wasted by Pullis. Brum were nosing around but now they've got Bentley I doubt they'd need him.

Move on who we don't want and who we can. Stuff any silly talk of marquee wastrells.

Job done. Window shut. Happy days.

I'm not too bothered, he may well turn out to be a flash in the pan. Blackpool obviously suits him. Krancjaer would be a good 'un.

The only thing is though, if he is a target, why no bid at all?

The whole thing is very mysterious FLB - I also think that its difficult for anyone to accurately predic what may happen ( pehaps inclding Kean himself!)

Is it only me that isnt too bothered that Adam may have 'passed us by'?

Never even bid for him, so bloody strange tactics if he was a target!!

Niko Kranjar would be a far better option but probably wont happen. Lets hope the Formica deal gets done.

No you are not, I have already mentioned my feelings are he is a one team wonder, I wait to be proven wrong when he moves but I have a feeling I may be right.

Why not try to get Krancjar??

Krancjar can go

I'd be interested but at what cost? Pal for Kalinic perhaps too.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Any chance people can just post a link when they get it into the links thread and not in here? I don't have time to trawl through pages and pages of crap when I just want to read developments via nickos posts/links to articles. The links on the main page from the twitter don't work, well 1 in 10 does. And the transfer digest thread, whilst I appreciate the work done by Wen, is 24 hours behind. It would be good if we could help him out by posting all new article links in there.

Aye. Apologies for the unscheduled delay in updating the digest. Thursday was such a busy day and it was after midnight by the time I had finished my work for the day. I had a brief look on the transfer thread and realised I couldn't wade my way through 30+ pages, but thought the LT articles would serve as a decent enough summary of what I understood of events, so I posted those links without going through the thread. At that point I was blissfully unaware of what had been going on on Wednesday afternoon and evening.

Yesterday evening I tackled the thread and only managed to get through some 20-odd pages of the now 40+ pages that I had to catch up on before I lost consciousness. Literally. Possibly the bottle of wine I packed away. Who knows.

Anyway, I managed to pick up the pieces this afternoon and thought the best - or only - way to treat the remainder of the Part 4 thread was in a very light-hearted manner. Unless you were actually looking for real news, the posts were entertaining and pretty amusing in part, I thought. Certainly no offence to individual posters was intended if anyone is wondering - I was just adding my own bit of frivolity to the proceedings by holding up a big mirror in the face of our often unreal expectations as rabid footy fans.

As for posting links in the digest thread, I very much wish that members would do that. After posting in the transfer thread, please post them in the digest thread. As long as it is clear where the article is from and when it was published, with a brief description of the contents - often the article's headline is enough - that's fine. Then members can make an informed decision as to whether they want to visit that site and read that article.

The other thing regarding posting in the digest thread is to avoid making comments that may invite discussion. If members want to comment on something in the thread, that is fine as long as it is in the main transfer thread or another relevant thread. In the past, I have started up a thread in Ask Admin or the main forum here that would allow for comments on the thread. But to be honest, I have really struggled to keep up with the transfer threads this window, so quite simply I haven't got round to that this time. Ah, well.

Sorry for butting in. Err, Krancjar, I believe...

Sick of hearing Holloway yap on about how much Adam is worth, If his chairman deems an offer good enough he will be sold no matter what he thinks.

Now he values him over 10 million and wont entertain offers less than that, he interviews are cringeworthy at the moment.

BBC-

Here's more on the Charlie Adam situation. Blackpool have rejected a £4 million pound bid from Liverpool for the Scotland international Charlie Adam. Chairman Karl Oyston told BBC radio Lancashire: "We received a verbal bid of £4m for Charlie on Friday but it doesn't change the situation... he's still a player who is under contract with Blackpool and Liverpool's offer only matches previous offers we have recently turned down from Aston Villa."

MrEasy1 on Twitter: "Charlie Adam applauded all four stands of Bloomfield Road on his own... a farewell it seems."

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway on his in-demand midfielder Charlie Adam: "There are three teams in and around us in the league who have all offered unbelievably little amounts of money for him (Liverpool, Aston Villa Birmingham). I am disappointed by that - £2.5m, £3.5m and £4m. Any chance of putting a one in front of that and you might have a chance. If he's only worth £4m then I'm a Scotsman called McTavish."

Spurs do have a strict wages budget but they still spend 50% more than Rovers do. Arsenal spend two and a half times more than us.

Guest linganzi

Sick of hearing Holloway yap on about how much Adam is worth, If his chairman deems an offer good enough he will be sold no matter what he thinks.

Now he values him over 10 million and wont entertain offers less than that, he interviews are cringeworthy at the moment.

Holloway is,becoming the most tedious character I'm football and is contributing to the fact that they will get very few more points with his absurdness.

Archived