BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what people here are saying is that Carrick keeps the ball like Xavi?

Yes he does actually but how he does is by passing side-ways and backwards, whilst Xavi penetrates the others teams defence with quite a lot of forward looking passes.

There was a video posted earlier, it's all about Carrick & his ball retention. and everytime I have watched him he has been the same. If he has time on the ball, he looks for a measured froward pass, if he's pressured he first looks to see if there is a an available player in space he can pop the ball off to or he moves with the ball to find space so he can find more options, at this point when you playing for England or Man Utd, there are runners all over the place giving him options, he knows that and 9 times out of 10 he will find them.

A fit Michael Carrick is 10 times the player Charlie Adam is, everytime I've seen Adam he gives the ball away as much as he finds a team mate. Charlie Adam is only 24 though, so with the right coaching maybe he will be as good as Carrick one day.

If a player like Xavi is telling the press that Carrick is a "Complete Player", I'm inclined to agree, considering that the chap saying it has won every trophy possible to win in Spanish, European & World Football, and is quite possibly one of the best central midfield players of his generation, we have to remember that in the Spanish national team, Xavi is picked ahead of Alonso & Fabregas, 2 of the best midfield players to play in the EPL ever. I think if Xavi says something like that, it must carry some weight.

I don't think we'd get Carrick if we tried, but if he was available for £7-8m, I'd be giving it a go, rather than waiting for Charlie Adam's price tag to get to something similar.

Someone mentioned N'zonzi earlier too, I agree that they are very similar players, but I think Carrick plays more forward passes in one game than N'zonzi has in his entire time with us. N'zonzi is still young, maybe getting someone like Carrick in for him to work with and learn from would benefit him. I like N'zonzi but Carrick is a much better player.

Ah the usual '01-03 messageboard clique' rears its head once again, how predictable. :rolleyes:

On the Adam issue it looks like we clearly had a price in mind and now with Liverpool's interest that's our chances gone. It wouldn't surprise me now if Adam puts in a transfer request now to force the deal. Clearly Liverpool meet the criteria that Holloway set out for any sale so if he turns it down there's a good chance Adam will be unhappy as a result.

Sounds like the Formica deal is also on its last legs, so another creative midfielder bites the dust. Wasn’t really comfortable with the deal anyway if there was some truth in Red Star buying the player and then loaning to us.

It sounds like we are running out of options with 9 days to go. I'd feel more comfortable of survival this season if we could bring in a creative central midfield player to play alongside Jones as Dunny looks well past it and Pedersen just isn’t a creative player outside of set pieces.

Guest linganzi

There was a video posted earlier, it's all about Carrick & his ball retention. and everytime I have watched him he has been the same. If he has time on the ball, he looks for a measured froward pass, if he's pressured he first looks to see if there is a an available player in space he can pop the ball off to or he moves with the ball to find space so he can find more options, at this point when you playing for England or Man Utd, there are runners all over the place giving him options, he knows that and 9 times out of 10 he will find them.

A fit Michael Carrick is 10 times the player Charlie Adam is, everytime I've seen Adam he gives the ball away as much as he finds a team mate. Charlie Adam is only 24 though, so with the right coaching maybe he will be as good as Carrick one day.

If a player like Xavi is telling the press that Carrick is a "Complete Player", I'm inclined to agree, considering that the chap saying it has won every trophy possible to win in Spanish, European & World Football, and is quite possibly one of the best central midfield players of his generation, we have to remember that in the Spanish national team, Xavi is picked ahead of Alonso & Fabregas, 2 of the best midfield players to play in the EPL ever. I think if Xavi says something like that, it must carry some weight.

I don't think we'd get Carrick if we tried, but if he was available for £7-8m, I'd be giving it a go, rather than waiting for Charlie Adam's price tag to get to something similar.

Someone mentioned N'zonzi earlier too, I agree that they are very similar players, but I think Carrick plays more forward passes in one game than N'zonzi has in his entire time with us. N'zonzi is still young, maybe getting someone like Carrick in for him to work with and learn from would benefit him. I like N'zonzi but Carrick is a much better player.

always going on about the zonz, zut zut zut, les power rangers merde

ADAM...will develop even more today...sadly that one seems to have past Rovers by.

So the genius tactic of waiting until every other club under the sun try to sign him and then attempt to jump in at the last moment and hijack the deal isn't going to work?

Not too bothered, but if he was an important target for us as suggested, we should have at least made an offer.

SAMBA...new deal pending...but hearing Rovers have inquired for a centre half...completely out of nowhere.

Is this the kind of centre half who could replace a Samba/Nelsen straight away or is it a younger type with potential as the Formica/Rochina deals lean toward.

I thought the Diouf headline in The Mirror was very funny, to be fair. Some on here are too sensitive. So other fans think Diouf is a to$$er and that Rovers play crap football. Who cares what fans of other clubs think?

Guest linganzi

So the genius tactic of waiting until every other club under the sun try to sign him and then attempt to jump in at the last moment and hijack the deal isn't going to work?

Not too bothered, but if he was an important target for us as suggested, we should have at least made an offer.

Is this the kind of centre half who could replace a Samba/Nelsen straight away or is it a younger type with potential as the Formica/Rochina deals lean toward.

I thought the Diouf headline in The Mirror was very funny, to be fair. Some on here are too sensitive. So other fans think Diouf is a to$$er and that Rovers play crap football. Who cares what fans of other clubs think?

i should have thicker skin being a rovers fan, but the disrespect we haqve been shown of late in the media has got too much

Real shame about Adam seemingly heading to Liverpool. If he goes there I think he will soon be put up in the same category of Xabi Alonso. The guy is pure quality. I think rovers have played this ok and i genuinly believe that if only us and Villa where in for him then i think he would have come here. We can only hope that happens.

Still liking how we have operated in this window. We havent gone mad spending mega money on players, but brought in decent players like Roque and Jones who are a big improvement on what we have already.

Nicko, is the centre half we have enquired about a youngster or established top league player?

i should have thicker skin being a rovers fan, but the disrespect we haqve been shown of late in the media has got too much

Sorry but that`s always been the case since Don Mackay tried to sign `golden boy` Gary Lineker with Jack`s millions.There has always been resentment of Rovers having `bought` the title and upsetting the `elite clubs` by the media.

With regards to the Diouf story I think I would be right in saying that journalists just present the story and the facts to the Editors and sub-Editors.They then come up with the presentation of the story complete with the attention grabbing headlines that they think will sell the paper.

With regards to Adam,if the price starts getting silly prices like £5m and upwards I would leave that deal well alone.Plenty more fish in the sea and all that.

If Charlie Adam costs more than £5-6m then I would leave alone. Blackpool are clearly trying to milk the situation.

Id rather we stuck with what we have + perhaps Formica & Rochina and then see what is available in the summer. British players are over-hyped and overpriced.

im not much of a poster but i come on all the time to see peoples comments and info. i like to hear what nicko has to say as i feel he is in the know and that creates more discussion. its better than reading what people would like and this is who i think we should sign.

as for those who said they wish the board was like what it was before all the new comers, that tells me you like your own little click. that to me isnt what a messageboard is about.

Guest linganzi

Sorry but that`s always been the case since Don Mackay tried to sign `golden boy` Gary Lineker with Jack`s millions.There has always been resentment of Rovers having `bought` the title and upsetting the `elite clubs` by the media.

With regards to the Diouf story I think I would be right in saying that journalists just present the story and the facts to the Editors and sub-Editors.They then come up with the presentation of the story complete with the attention grabbing headlines that they think will sell the paper.

With regards to Adam,if the price starts getting silly prices like £5m and upwards I would leave that deal well alone.Plenty more fish in the sea and all that.

i agree on all points,

but of late it has been non stop sneering and abuse, especially talk sport you know, of late MGP, kean , roberts, robinson, nelsen have been on and entertained various shows with dignity and patience and we still have loud mouth full of pinot grigio like Alan Brazil and doggers like collymore giving it, chickens this chickens that. Mick quinn commented something about us not being given corners in case we built shops on them.

I dont see them taking the mick out of west ham for what their owners do, or man citys owner (look it up)

we are a well run club from a small town with good fans, and attendances, and a couple of cups to our name since the start of the EPL and yet its very rare we have people in our corner.

there is nothing you can do , true, and its gone on a while, but its annoying.

adam has now exceded his value , so lets forget it. formica is much more exciting

im not much of a poster but i come on all the time to see peoples comments and info. i like to hear what nicko has to say as i feel he is in the know and that creates more discussion. its better than reading what people would like and this is who i think we should sign.

as for those who said they wish the board was like what it was before all the new comers, that tells me you like your own little click. that to me isnt what a messageboard is about.

I may be guilty of starting this debate, i have to stress his posts imo can be a good read, but its a two way street

My Man Utd supporting friends think Carrick is useless even when he is fit and surrounded with class players. Will be overpriced - Avoid.

I saw Dos Santos a couple of times when he was on loan at Ipswich. He was decent at Championship level and had a good world cup but what's he done since then? Unproven in the Premier League and unlikely to be an improvement on El Hadji Diouf.

If we beat West Brom tomorrow and sign Formica and Rochina plus retaining many of our players on long term deals I think that represents good business for now. I'm off to Ewood tomorrow and for the first time in a while time I'm genuinely excited about going.

ADAM...will develop even more today...sadly that one seems to have past Rovers by.

LARSSON...interesting to see if he plays today...or even makes the bench.

SAMBA...new deal pending...but hearing Rovers have inquired for a centre half...completely out of nowhere.

DIOUF...don't do the headlines...but that one did make me chuckle...anyway West Ham are not the only interested party...I could see that happen if Larsson comes in early.

FORMICA...way too complicated for anyone's liking.ROCHINA...can't be THAT hard to do...but you never know.

What is the complication with Formica? sorry if it has been asked or answered before.

My Man Utd supporting friends think Carrick is useless even when he is fit and surrounded with class players. Will be overpriced - Avoid.

Seems to be a common feeling amongst their fans to him, I've heard quite a few complain that he's pretty crap. I don't want us to spend a fair chunk of cash on him either. He has always struck me as a very slow footballer.

If Charlie Adam costs more than £5-6m then I would leave alone. Blackpool are clearly trying to milk the situation.

Id rather we stuck with what we have + perhaps Formica & Rochina and then see what is available in the summer. British players are over-hyped and overpriced.

Were your thought not, worth 3m max in November?.

Not to surprising that Adam starts, so not to much head turning yet.

Is it only me that isnt too bothered that Adam may have 'passed us by'?

Never even bid for him, so bloody strange tactics if he was a target!!

Niko Kranjar would be a far better option but probably wont happen. Lets hope the Formica deal gets done.

What is the complication with Formica? sorry if it has been asked or answered before.

I think its how the deal is structured where he signs for Red Star Belgrade then he is leased to us. Ive purposely not used the word loan because 'leased' was the word used in parts of the press and that could mean anything, such as signs for Red Star yet long term loaned to us say a couple of years. Sounds a bit Tevez dodgy to me, I allege that of course.

Radio 5(BBC) just said Birmingham have said they will not sell Larsson in this transfer window.

Eh, don't really see the point keeping a player who clearly wants out, when they'll lose him for nothing in the summer.

Is it only me that isnt too bothered that Adam may have 'passed us by'?

Never even bid for him, so bloody strange tactics if he was a target!!

Niko Kranjar would be a far better option but probably wont happen. Lets hope the Formica deal gets done.

Adam is a decent player but nothing to get worked up over. I believe Kranjcar is a superior player and would dramatically improve our squad. But I can't see him being bought.

So far our serious business has been limited to two loans (RSC and J. Jones), talking about another [strange] loan for Formica, and discussing the [alleged self-funding] purchase of Ronaldinho, the [strangely slow] purchase of Rochina and cut rate offer for a discontented Larson. This screams: 1) not much money is available; or, 2) the owners are squeezing every penny until it bleeds. I'm all in favor of number 2. Another week or so will answer number 1.

And don't get me wrong. If we conclude this window with the two loan signings and avoiding the loss of any of our first team, then I would count it a success beyond any recent window and be grateful to Venkys for it. But it wouldn't silence many of those questioning Venkys' wealth or methods.

Radio 5(BBC) just said Birmingham have said they will not sell Larsson in this transfer window.

Birmingham are acting like idiots. If they don't sell Larson this window they won't be selling him at all. My suspicion is that they are playing a dangerous game of chicken. His price won't go up and Venkys don't strike me as the type to blink.

Real shame about Adam seemingly heading to Liverpool. If he goes there I think he will soon be put up in the same category of Xabi Alonso. The guy is pure quality. I think rovers have played this ok and i genuinly believe that if only us and Villa where in for him then i think he would have come here. We can only hope that happens.

Still liking how we have operated in this window. We havent gone mad spending mega money on players, but brought in decent players like Roque and Jones who are a big improvement on what we have already.

Nicko, is the centre half we have enquired about a youngster or established top league player?

Charlie Adam in the same category as Xabi Alonso ???!!! No offence Stylish but you can't be serious..

Archived