BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

If Venys really want a marquee signing, and have the financial clout to pull it off, then they should be trying to hijack Tottenham's move for Luis Fabiano. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Tottenham-in-talks-to-sign-Luis-Fabiano-from-Seville-article679637.html

He's a Brazilian striker, 30 years of age, still performing at a high level (11 goals in 24 appears so far this year). He would appear to tick all of Venkys' boxes. And for 10 million plus wages, he would appear to be a steal.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One attacking midfielder is all i want(on a permanent transfer to prove they have the cash) Kranjcar,Formica,Vazquez,Adam,Ireland one of them would be great.

There will be more signings.

Formica will join us soon.

Reports on twitter say quite the opposite,we haven't even lodged a bloody bid.

oh for crying out loud, no official bid launched for Formica? are we seriously taking the ###### out of clubs, and are we trying to look stupid? jeez, this is crazy and im not surprised tbh.

According to twitter Monaco for 3.5 million if we fail to sign him i think it proves that whether venky's have money or not they aren't keen on spending it not in this window.

They should never of stated Kean would have at least 5 mil to spend and then refuse to give Kean the cash,it's bull in my opinion that the 5 mil included wages.

Why do fans opinions change just because a player probably isn't going to come here?

Charlie Adam is ideal for Rovers, he dominates the way that Blackpool play, he is strong, he has an excellent range of passing, runs well with the ball, wants the ball and is decent with free kicks, mid 20s, so plenty more to come.

Just because it looks like he may be going elsewhere does not alter those attributes.

He would be a big step up from our current crop of midfielders and I think would really help Kean drive through his change in footballing style. Given all the talk from the owners early doors of this transfer window he is exactly the signing they should cough up for, even if it is slightly over the original estimate.

<br />Not really Jisty, but when im posting from my phone, it double posts. When i hit the post button, it doesnt post the message the 1st time. Il have to hit it again, and then it appears as a double post. Not sure why it keeps doing that though.<br />

For some reason posts via phone don't refresh the MB automatically which is why they don't appear immediately.

Refresh after posting and it should appear as usual.

Eh, don't really see the point keeping a player who clearly wants out, when they'll lose him for nothing in the summer./>

It is remarkably simple really. Birmingham are one place above the relegation zone. The cost of relegation is generally reckoned to be £30m or so. Larsson was said to be costing £500k. Each place up the table is worth £750k. If Larsson is

any good, and I don't know if he is, keeping him is worth far more than £500k to £1m.

Birmingham also face serious attendance problems. Facing relegation why sell one of the players the fans will see as having the potential to save them?

If the positions were reversed we'd be spitting feathers.

It is remarkably simple really. Birmingham are one place above the relegation zone. The cost of relegation is generally reckoned to be £30m or so. Larsson was said to be costing £500k. Each place up the table is worth £750k. If Larsson is

any good, and I don't know if he is, keeping him is worth far more than £500k to £1m.

Birmingham also face serious attendance problems. Facing relegation why sell one of the players the fans will see as having the potential to save them?

If the positions were reversed we'd be spitting feathers.

Good point but brum accepted a bid off the toon for £1 million didn't they?

Latest on the Mauro Formica is that its dying a slow death..................... The player and his father are not convinced by the idea of being transferred to Red Star in Serbia and then to Blackburn, as this is the proposal by the group who made the offer to his club. Formica`s club upto now have not received no written proposal and that the offer to commit Newell's Old Boys was only verbal.................

Even Kean on Friday admitted to the complications involved in this particular deal:

“I know it’s complicated where he was going to be, how he was going to get into the country, but I am not going to get into all the complications. I know he is a player because I have seen him. He is fantastic.

“If we can get him, great but I am not going to get into the mechanics of how we get him. If he was coming, he would be for the long term. If we have to take him on loan first, to get round the complications then so be it.”

Manoco are the latest club in the picture and i for one hope the cash that was put aside for the Adam Deal will be splashed on this Matt Jansen type of player.............

Do we know the identity of the group who made the offer to his club?

Good point but brum accepted a bid off the toon for £1 million didn't they?

£1.5m was the figure I heard was offered by both Newcastle and Sunderland. The player rejected moves to both.

I find it quite strange that if we have money and we publicly covet a player, we haven't actually bid for them.

what is the hold up? With Formica it is obvious that he is ours for 4 million.

If he is the next Batistuta as Kean believes, he should be in the purse holders ear 24/7 saying make this happen.

and yet we seem to be all talk.

It can hardly be a suprise when he joins another club, and we will once again sit there with egg on our face, and no creative midfielder...

again

South American transfers are notoriously difficult die to players having multiple agents, third party owners, release clauses and the like.

It's only rumour and conjecture that have us believe Formica is available for 4ml. There are no doubt numerous other issues to be resolved in a transfer like this other than purely paying the fee to Old Boys I would have thought.

Can anyone actually explain the reasoning WHY Formica would be bought by Red Star Belgrade and then loaned to Blackburn?

Why can't we just buy the player if he's as good as Kean and co. are saying?

I don't see why Red Star are involved at all. Either buy him or loan to buy him if he's any good or just move on to someone else.

According to a lot of people on Twitter, he's just been sold to Monaco.

I know Twitter isn't always reliable and it's sometimes like a game of Chinese whispers but can anyone confirm this?

If he has, then that is a very easy and quick transaction because they put there money where there mouth is and got the man.

starting to get slightly annoyed and frustrated about being linked to players, publicly saying we want them, and not doing the one key thing you have to to make it happen.

and with Larsson, apparently Kean says we have bid our maximum price. If you want the player now, you pay to get him now! 500k more is pocket change in the EPL

we just appear to dance around like school children at a disco, who send their friends over to the opposite sex to say "my mate likes you," and then run away

We could make the deal now. Liverpool signed Jovanovic in January a year ago and he joined them in summer. He´s been awful but that´s another story.

I have to agree, this window is frustrating. I think it's not signing players permanently and being linked with players, saying yes we'd like him and then watching them wander off in to the distance. Signing Rochina and Formica for real money would be nice. I'm not holding my breath though. Insert cliches about the January transfer window here...

Ah Rochina, I had forgotten about him.

1 million ish and yet we still haven't done that one either.

I'm still on the fence with the new regime as I'm not privvy to insider information, but the apparent lack of spending is beginning to trouble me

Completely agree.

Archived