BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

Guest linganzi

Our top journo has had nothing to say last couple of days. What does he know? If the formica deal is so complicated how are other clubs getting involved at this point

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know about anyone else but I can't see us signing anyone for money this window unles it's real bargain basement stuff. It all seems a bit half hearted so far to me and maybe just an attenpt to give an impression of being trying to sign people. Not that thats a bad thing as we are sitting OK in the lague and might be better keeping our powder (if we have any) dry until the summer. Possible exzception to that might be the mnarquee signing but I can't see who we would get. Riquelme hopefully.

Vicente Rodríguez Guillén, (Spanish pronunciation: [biˈθente roˈðɾiɣeθ ɡiˈʎen]; born 16 July 1981 in Valencia), simply Vicente, nicknamed The Fragile, is a Spanish footballer who plays for Valencia CF in La Liga.

An extremely old-school left winger with exceptional strength, blinding pace, his career has been blighted by constant injuries,[1][2][3][4][5][6] [7] has mainly been associated with Valencia CF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicente_Rodr%C3%ADguez Sounds about right.

Latest on the Mauro Formica is that its dying a slow death..................... The player and his father are not convinced by the idea of being transferred to Red Star in Serbia and then to Blackburn, as this is the proposal by the group who made the offer to his club. Formica`s club upto now have not received no written proposal and that the offer to commit Newell's Old Boys was only verbal.................

Even Kean on Friday admitted to the complications involved in this particular deal:

“I know it’s complicated where he was going to be, how he was going to get into the country, but I am not going to get into all the complications. I know he is a player because I have seen him. He is fantastic.

“If we can get him, great but I am not going to get into the mechanics of how we get him. If he was coming, he would be for the long term. If we have to take him on loan first, to get round the complications then so be it.”

Manoco are the latest club in the picture and i for one hope the cash that was put aside for the Adam Deal will be splashed on this Matt Jansen type of player.............

• Backroom

Just cant see how many posters are getting excited at just TWO loan signings.

Two good loan signing is better than nothing no?

To me the team now looks a fair bit stronger than at the start of the window.

Shame about Formica though he looked like he may have excited the fans, hope we get someone like him in.

Lets just rephrase this whole transfer window - replace the word "loan" with "signed on a 6 month contract" is that better? Now we have have "signed" 2 players who have European and World experience until the end of the season. Has the first 11 been improved? Yes. And that's a bad thing because?

Lets just rephrase this whole transfer window - replace the word "loan" with "signed on a 6 month contract" is that better? Now we have have "signed" 2 players who have European and World experience until the end of the season. Has the first 11 been improved? Yes. And that's a bad thing because?

So if Venky's were only prepared to stump up £5m in this their debut transfer window, do you really think that they will commit to a lot more in the summer ?

The signings are only temporary and dont in any way offer stability for the future of the club.

Manoco are the latest club in the picture and i for hope the cash that was put aside for the Adam Deal will be splashed on this Matt Jansen type of player.............

We all hope any cash that has allegedly been put aside will be spent but even the most ardent supporters of the new regime must admit that it is looking increasingly unlikely, begging the questions of 1) whether the owners ever intended to fulfil their stated commitment to spend at least £5m in this window and 2) whether the cash was there to be spent in the first place.

so if Venky's were only prepared to stump up £5m in this their debut transfer window, do you really think that they will commit to a lot more in the summer ?

I'll be the first to admit that we are taking loans when if you had the money to buy you would but l don't know the in's and out's of the transfer deals that are happening or how Venky's (or Kentaro) go about their business. Live each day as it comes - we have 2 more very decent players until June, whats happens after that, l'm sure we'll have 1000's of pages on here discussing both sides of the argument. Until then enjoy the ride :brfcsmilie:

I'm with you JAL.

I much prefer the good old days when we would bag Benjani on a free and get Gangly Goulon after a protracted trial period.

Bring back the trust I say.

I'm with you JAL.

I much prefer the good old days when we would bag Benjani on a free and get Gangly Goulon after a protracted trial period.

Bring back the trust I say.

So far it is the same as the trust, with NO improvement on investment.

Many on here did say that they would give them until the end of the window before giving their opinion.

There is still time yet to go.

If we do get another player in, especially someone like Formica, we should be happy enough as it would represent the first January transfer window for some years in which we have actually strengthened rather than been weakened.

Worries about whether there will be money or not will remain, but it is too early to judge the transfer window as a whole yet.

Patience, people!

You seem to be the only one at this time of night fighting your corner and l apologise cos this isn't personal JAL but isn't this about performance, results and how high we finish in the table? As fans we want results, if we were accountants then we'd be worried about spending too much which we obviously aren't. So surely getting results on very little spending is a good thing. If things on the field go baps up then thats when l think we should start getting uptight about investment in the team.

Roque on an apparent 90k a week compared to Benjani on pay as you play, Jones (one would assume) on big money.

Would the trust have sanctioned either deal?

The differnce with the trust was they would WANT the players permanentley, rather than temporary, and if they couldnt afford it they'd keep away.

Just a different mindset and remember this is Venky's debut window aiming to impress.

The differnce with the trust was they would WANT the players permanentley, rather than temporary, and if they couldnt afford it they'd keep away.

Like Di Santo and M. Diouf? The difference between the Trust and Venkys is that Venkys are bringing grade A loans, as opposed to young journeymen.

Just a different mindset and remember this is Venky's debut window aiming to impress.

Like Villenueva?

As far as I'm concerned the level of investment I've seen thus far has been above and beyond anything we'd have expected from the trust AND we've not had to sell anyone. In fact, if reports are to be believed, we're looking at new contracts for our key performers.

Venky's also appear to be actively looking for overseas revenue opportunities.

It's not about whether the trust would sanction a loan or not. It's would they look to open academies (and the like) overseas.

We already know the answer to that. It's those kind of investments that are going to strengthen us long term.

Archived