BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

Playing the waiting game, is pure madness with regards to Adam. That shows that we dont want him that much, and the player will choose a club that shows more interest in him. If we really wanted him, we would have placed a slightly higher bid than Liverpool. So if Liverpool bids 7milll and its accepted, are we going to match that?

Playing the waiting game, is pure madness with regards to Adam. That shows that we dont want him that much, and the player will choose a club that shows more interest in him. If we really wanted him, we would have placed a slightly higher bid than Liverpool. So if Liverpool bids 7milll and its accepted, are we going to match that?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest linganzi

If the headline isn't alans work I take that bit back. That is simply the way it is with low grade media

But the board is invaluable to him, seems obvious really, and the 11 o clocker are informative bit they are also crafty bait for info, there are hundreds viewing and I'd just a couple of people have a little but of info (web even I chanced on a couple of things of late ) its a result for him from a completely free source

I also think there is a little but of over zealous moderating on here, yes its about transfers and yes we can end up with slanging matches but its a form of conversation as such and will go off on tangents as is the nature. It would be terrible if it was clinical and anodine.

Oh and its peoples opinions at the end of the day so as long as it doesn't break the law or wouldn't be deemed wrong in a conversation it should be ok

Not really Jisty, but when im posting from my phone, it double posts. When i hit the post button, it doesnt post the message the 1st time. Il have to hit it again, and then it appears as a double post. Not sure why it keeps doing that though.

So if Liverpool bids 7milll and its accepted, are we going to match that?

No because he isn't worth that.

Must say I'm getting a bit bored of people suggesting we are missing out on Adam. Blackpool wanting 6 million plus for a player who in reality has had one decent year and has 18 months left on his contract is madness. A few points to remember:

-People would do well to remember that despite his clear technical ability that he was wandering in the wilderness before this year and had failed to make the grade at Rangers.

-He appears to be an excellent player because Blackpool set up everything in their play to work around him. He is their linchpin in midfield and distributes the ball as such as well as taking the majority of their set pieces.

Now don't get me wrong I think he is a good player who could do a job for us but I don't think he is "that " good.

Why spend 5million plus on him when we could have a player of Niko Krancjars quality for cheaper?

Edit:

I should add I watched the Newells game against Allianza Lima last night to see if Formica was playing and he wasn't. The commentators kept referring to complications because of a move to England.

Just had a quick look on that Michael Carrick story in the Sun. I'd have him a long time before I'd have Adam.

Carrick if he really is available, Koo Ja Cheol (or whatever his name is!!!) Jones & Formica... then I would be excited.

I've not seen much of the Korean lad, is he a midfield player, or more attack minded???

One thing is for certain, if all of the reports & hype about him in the press is to be believed he needs signing. It will also boost Venky's profile in that part of the world.

I managed to find some highlights shows for the Argentinian 1st division lastnight, saw a good few games that involved Formica, he seemed anonymous in most of them, he looked a bit lazy tracking back too, although it seemed he was played as a striker. River Plate's Ariel Ortega stood out in some of the games although he's about 900 years old now.

We've missed a trick with a young lad from River Plate called Diego Buonanotte, he's just moved to Malaga in La Liga, but they've loaned him back to River until the end of the season. 4.2m euros they've paid for him, good player, although he's barely 5ft tall.

I also think there is a little but of over zealous moderating on here, yes its about transfers and yes we can end up with slanging matches but its a form of conversation as such and will go off on tangents as is the nature. It would be terrible if it was clinical and anodine.

Oh and its peoples opinions at the end of the day so as long as it doesn't break the law or wouldn't be deemed wrong in a conversation it should be ok

We are much gentler with the moderation in ICBINF and on slower moving topics, but on the fast moving ones, it can soon get to the point where the casual reader can be forced to read 50 posts without actually hitting the subject they were intended to read. It's a forum not a chat room after all. We don't like moderating, but the quality soon declines if we don't (and in keeping with that point), follow-ups to this should be directed to "Ask Admin" ;)

Birmingham have rejected a transfer request from in-demand midfielder Sebastian Larsson, according to his agent, Per Johnson.

'Then the manager (Alex McLeish) said he wanted to keep Seb for the rest of the season, then we got an email saying Birmingham had accepted an offer from Newcastle.

'So, we had been in talks with Newcastle until this Wednesday when the plug was pulled again and Birmingham decided they wanted to keep Seb.'

I don't understand why people would want Carrick,it's well known that he is the most over rated player on man utd,N'zonzi is a better player in my opinion,carrick is made look decent by the players around him,he'd be the last player i'd want from utd bar neville.

-He appears to be an excellent player because Blackpool set up everything in their play to work around him. He is their linchpin in midfield and distributes the ball as such as well as taking the majority of their set pieces.

Now don't get me wrong I think he is a good player who could do a job for us but I don't think he is "that " good.

Why spend 5million plus on him when we could have a player of Niko Krancjars quality for cheaper?

I agree. We should not misconstrude not paying over the odds for a player with missing out on him. We must not alow ourselves to be held to ransom over fees.

Exactly. Adam is a decent player but he is no superstar. Venkys has actually been very prudent with the finances, which is postive as it demonstrates that they aren't fools (despite some self-inflicted wounds) and will get value for money.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6692226/Redknapp-ready-to-sell-Kranjcar

With redknapp coming out with this, it should go someway towards him leaving for a decent price. Although this is spurs, so you never know! Anyone have any idea how long he has left on his contract?

With Adams seemingly out of the equation, surely we have to be interested now.

I thought Redknapp's statements about Kranjcar interesting and akin to a "come and get him". Which I'm fine with as I think Kranjcar is quality and value rolled into one.

More interesting was the talk of Diego Forlan moving but for his 100,000/week wages. That equates to about 5 million/year and would be in keeping with published reports as to Venkys' "marquee" signing budget. Personally, I think Forlan would qualify as a marquee signing and is better value than Ronaldinho and Beckham on and off the pitch. Hopefully Belaji will have a look at him.

For most clubs, it's key that they sign players who have a decent track record in staying injury free and therefore a high number of performances / season ratio.

Note some of the inevitable links with Carrick. Looks like he will be available because of his general unavailability with injury !

Some players are like this and we've suffered for that already with RSC (2008/09 season), Grella, Dunne etc.

You can only afford to carry the odd one, particularly a club of Rovers' size.

We need to be very, very careful.

Guest linganzi

i hear 'arry got mugged in spain the other night, how does he like the shoe on the other foot? oh jokes jokes haha

with adam, good for 4 million max, but its getting tedious now, holloway can outprice a player that doesnt want to be there, that will add to their demise, and we can look elsewhere

its interesting to see how many bpool players are at the end of contract in summer, including Vaughan, who is better tha adam

I don't understand why people would want Carrick,it's well known that he is the most over rated player on man utd,N'zonzi is a better player in my opinion,carrick is made look decent by the players around him,he'd be the last player i'd want from utd bar neville.

This is quite an interesting read, in regards to carrick seemingly being over rated and players of his similar type playing in the prem.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/07/30/central-midfield-role/

"So from that short passage, we know that a manager wants ball retention and patience from central midfielders. Sideways passes are fine – there is less need these days to play the ball forward quickly. This nicely responds to the constant criticism of these players – that their passing is short and unambitious, a view which is rather similar to Perez’s thoughts about Makelele.

Here’s Michael Carrick’s passing Chalkboard from Manchester United’s 2-1 win over Liverpool, his final complete game of last season:

by Guardian Chalkboards

Granted, there are a few stray passes. But Carrick is still essentially doing what his manager asks him to – keeping possession of the ball. The misplaced passes are always more notable than the completed ones, but that’s because we’ve become so accustomed to central midfielders being excellent ball players.

Carrick is the man who has suffered most from the lack of appreciation for ball-playing midfielders in England. In Spain, the masters of possession football, he is much more popular. Take the views of Spain’s best two passers – firstly Xabi Alonso:

“If they are on top of their game and if Carrick plays, because for me he is a top player, then England will have a chance. If Carrick plays for the national team the way that he does for Manchester United, then it would be very good news for England. I think that he could easily fit in the Spanish system because I really like the way he plays. He reads the game so well, he is always ahead of what is going to happen and he is always in the right position. When he gets the ball, he plays it easy and he is available to his team-mates all the time. For me, he has the profile to play for Barcelona or any of the Spanish teams. He would also be very complimentary to Stevie.”

And then Xavi:

“Carrick gives United balance and can play defensively too. He passes well, has a good shot and is a complete player.”

Part of the problem, of course, is that the role consists of numerous small tasks. It’s often difficult to notice the impact of these players unless concentrating intently on the game. But when an entire night’s work is compiled into one video, a basic job can become beautiful. Here’s Carrick in the World Cup second round in 2006:"

Many would say the board was a better place before him (not because of him, but because of those that he has brought here). He also gets plenty of tips via PM to make it worth the visit.

Put him on Ignore if you don't like what he posts. I do read what he says with interest and resent the possibility that you might *iss him off this board.

Not really Jisty, but when im posting from my phone, it double posts. When i hit the post button, it doesnt post the message the 1st time. Il have to hit it again, and then it appears as a double post. Not sure why it keeps doing that though.

Don't hit post again, you'll probably find the first post has worked, even if the page still looks like it's loading. Happens to me sometimes.

Any chance people can just post a link when they get it into the links thread and not in here? I don't have time to trawl through pages and pages of crap when I just want to read developments via nickos posts/links to articles. The links on the main page from the twitter don't work, well 1 in 10 does. And the transfer digest thread, whilst I appreciate the work done by Wen, is 24 hours behind. It would be good if we could help him out by posting all new article links in there.

So what people here are saying is that Carrick keeps the ball like Xavi?

Yes he does actually but how he does is by passing side-ways and backwards, whilst Xavi penetrates the others teams defence with quite a lot of forward looking passes.

Well considering it seems Rovers are trying to build a team based around possesion based football, and we obvioulsy are not going to sign Xavi, I think carrick would be a brilliant option. Otherwise, who else would you suggest we get, who can perform a similar role to Xavi, that we can afford and would come to us?

If he's been good enough for United and England, he's sure as hell good enough for us!

ADAM...will develop even more today...sadly that one seems to have past Rovers by.

LARSSON...interesting to see if he plays today...or even makes the bench.

SAMBA...new deal pending...but hearing Rovers have inquired for a centre half...completely out of nowhere.

DIOUF...don't do the headlines...but that one did make me chuckle...anyway West Ham are not the only interested party...I could see that happen if Larsson comes in early.

FORMICA...way too complicated for anyone's liking.

ROCHINA...can't be THAT hard to do...but you never know.

Guest linganzi

Put him on Ignore if you don't like what he posts. I do read what he says with interest and resent the possibility that you might *iss him off this board.

I dont think he will, it could be considered mutually benificial, I think its an excellent and rather canny source for a journo

Don't it post again, you'll probably find the first post has worked, even if the page still looks like it's loading. Happens to me sometimes.

Happens with texts all the time. once sent the same text 27 times by pressing send twice. Alwasy wait a while and check sent messages now before trying again

BBC gossip column (I know not much truth in there) reporting Spurs are trying to loan out Giovanni Dos Santos. Whenever Ive seen him play for Barca and Mexico hes been quality. Spurs clearly dont fancy him, surely he would be a good signing for someone.

Thought there would be number of interested clubs after him following the world cup.

Archived