BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Cryer is saying it's just a one year extension on twitter. Will take him to the end of 2013. Would probably make more sensethan a 2 year extension.

Do you have a link to cryers twitter account please.

I've wondered that as well. Plenty of things online articles (including well known sites) use phrases like "opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily xxxxxx.com".

I always assumed there was a good reason so never asked, but other forums I go on have plenty of scandalous things on there, no-one seems to care.

Just as a matter of interest; has any club/player/manager ever taken a fan to court because they have been slagged off on a messageboard? Genuine question.

Cryer said on Twitter: Looking forward to presser with Kean tmrw morn - might get a clearer picture on what is happening with Formica - if anything

The pre match press conference is never normally on a Saturday regardless of the game being on Sunday?

It doesn't matter if people think we have dithered over Adam as soon as we had an offer accepted Liverpool would have just come in and took him anyway. We have to be realistic and accept Liverpool are a far bigger draw no matter who our manager and owners are

Surprised by the Liverpool bid for Charlie Adam. Given they have got Gerrard in there do wonder how much game time he would get. Also given way Nicko said that King Kenny needed convincing for the bid to be lodged.

Still, if he fancies a relegation struggle then he should get himself over to Anfield. Unless he fancies a push for Europe here at Ewood ^_^

Would prefer O'Hara tbh, sure we could get him for under £3m, wages wouldn't be silly. Can see Charlie going for over £6m and although I like him don't think he is worth that.

Heard a rumour that we might be interested in Andy Johnson at Fulham - possibly the second Fulham player Kean was alluding to the other day? Not sure if injuries have got the better of him....still good at "winning" penalties!!

I can see this Adam bidding going to the 6m mark and IMO I would prefer Vazquez if that is the case.

So hopefully this will now kick start more activity on that front.

I'd much rather pay £6 million for a player who has been performing at a very high level in the Premier League, than wait on a 24 year old who's made one first team league appearance in his entire career.

Still, I guess Vazquez has a much fancier name...

Charlie Adam is not worth more than £4.5m, especially with only 18 months left on his contract. Time to declare our interest has ended (or just say we were never interested anyway) and look elsewhere.

There's absolutely no point wasting money or paying over the odds for anyone.

Heard a rumour that we might be interested in Andy Johnson at Fulham - possibly the second Fulham player Kean was alluding to the other day? Not sure if injuries have got the better of him....still good at "winning" penalties!!

Hopefully not, seen Johnson a few times this season and on each occasion thought he looked pretty poor.

Personally I gave up on getting Adam weeks ago. Not convinced about him anyway. Too slow and cumbersome and gets caught in possession although a fantastic passer of a ball.

We urgently need a lock-picker though, Adam can't be the only one left in the world. The answer is probably in one of those South American targets we are linked with. For God's sake let's get on with it. Clock's ticking.

Just as a matter of interest; has any club/player/manager ever taken a fan to court because they have been slagged off on a messageboard? Genuine question.

Off topic, but Mike McGinnity who was Coventry's chairman did threaten legal action against a fan for an offending post, not sure what happened though.

Back on topic, bloody shame if we do miss out Adam to Liverpool.

Cryer said on Twitter: Looking forward to presser with Kean tmrw morn - might get a clearer picture on what is happening with Formica - if anything

The pre match press conference is never normally on a Saturday regardless of the game being on Sunday?

He said that yesterday and so it was todays press conference

Surprised by the Liverpool bid for Charlie Adam. Given they have got Gerrard in there do wonder how much game time he would get. Also given way Nicko said that King Kenny needed convincing for the bid to be lodged.

Still, if he fancies a relegation struggle then he should get himself over to Anfield. Unless he fancies a push for Europe here at Ewood ^_^

Would prefer O'Hara tbh, sure we could get him for under £3m, wages wouldn't be silly. Can see Charlie going for over £6m and although I like him don't think he is worth that.

Adam and Gerrard are different players though. I assume they'd have a 3 man midfield with Lucas holding, Adam in the middle and Gerrard more advanced. It's Raul Meireles who looks out on his arse if they want Adam badly enough.

There was a presser today. If you check BBC and SSN's sites there are videos from the conference.

If the press conference had anything to do with the match on sunday, I'm not sure.

Anyway, does anyone think that Formica will be owned by two clubs, in this case Blackburn and Red Star Belgrade? A co-ownership deal. Is it even legal in PL? There are several cases of it in Serie A for instance..

1984-Big-Brother-Poster.jpg

Ridiculous prices being howled out by Blackpool. One would think that he just signed a new contract and they were sitting pretty in a Euro spot.

Bah.. let Liverpool have him - he will make an excellent bench ornament.

Bonerdude. I love your nick.

I bet you do. :mellow:

All interesting if not a tad depressing.

New contractual commitment for Nelsen (not needed), more dosh for Samba (essential if we want to keep him) and more commitment to come for Robinson (highly desirable if we want to keep a class act - what would Arsenal give for him ?!?! - flagged this before but no one 'bit'). All this does is drive-up our ratio of wages to turnover unless we can either get rid of some deadwood (but who would take - Chimbonda net saving will be minimal, EH Diouf savings possibly) and / or drive-up income (wont happen overnight).

Margin pool for new signings therefore reduces unless more capital intoduced (not sure that this is what Venkys intend to do or can do).

Would therefore suggest that strategy of high cost short term loans, drains whatever resource we have and at the end of the day, little, if anything, to show for it.

Many people have said on here that they would have been happy with Adam as the only piece of business this window. Would have made sense and could have been achieved if we'd moved early enough and decisively.

Running a viable football club is very difficult and fraught with difficulty as I'm sure Venkys are now appreciating.

Surprised by the Liverpool bid for Charlie Adam. Given they have got Gerrard in there do wonder how much game time he would get.

Surely Adam would just fill the gap that has been there since Alonso left?

Liverpool need someone like Adam desperately.

I'd much rather pay £6 million for a player who has been performing at a very high level in the Premier League, than wait on a 24 year old who's made one first team league appearance in his entire career.

Still, I guess Vazquez has a much fancier name...

I'd have thought that Formica is more the player to actual play a similar role to Adam CM.

As Adam seems to be addition to Formica then Vazquez would be a nice alternative to add some more quality to the squad.

Vazquez is more a wide man or left of a three in attack, well that is at least what I was told by someone who has watched him from a 14 year old, yes he needs to prove himself in the Premier league but it is not what it was a few year ago.

Your right he does have a nice name and great technique to go with it and as Guardiola has said if not for Messi, Villa, Iniesta he would start.

Then again I suppose Adam would dislodge the afore mentioned so yep! your right.

Archived