BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 5

I think Adam is an (apparent) setback because players who can pass and spray the ball about are a fairly rare breed.

If you look back to Tugay, having someone in midfield, who can knit it all together is nearly priceless. Plus that type of players will aid significantly if we are looking to play "good attractive football".

From Kean's comments (think on Talksport), he seems Adam was not needed anymore after the loan of Jermaine Jones (plus have injured players coming back).

Don't know much about him however Formica plays further forward I think, more like an attacking midfielder (not deep lying play maker), not totally sure though.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd much rather pay £6 million for a player who has been performing at a very high level in the Premier League, than wait on a 24 year old who's made one first team league appearance in his entire career.

Still, I guess Vazquez has a much fancier name...

I'd rather pay £6m for Adam than for Vazquez as well, but I would rather take a punt on Vazquez at a low fee then spend the entire budget on one player. Adas has half a season only in a proper league, but has been performing well. Historically there are a lot of one hit wonders though.

Hmmm.

Difficult to understand our strategy here, or seemingly lack of it.

IMO, he would have been ours if we had moved early and decisively with real intent.

we either know the price, and we wouldnt go that far. Or we've spoken to the player and hes holding out for another club....

if we are interested, we wont have sat there and done nothing.

I've wondered that as well. Plenty of things online articles (including well known sites) use phrases like "opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily xxxxxx.com".

I always assumed there was a good reason so never asked, but other forums I go on have plenty of scandalous things on there, no-one seems to care.

-off topic alert-

I work in the online world as well, and a simple disclaimer does not cut it for any particularly litigious - offended party or clued up law firm.

They can still have the site sued/taken down for allowing slanderous content to be posted without moderation.

I've had solicitors chase me from a1gp, motogp, maclaren and Manchester utd contact me regarding site content in the past and they would sweep past a disclaimer in seconds, really not worth losing a site over poorly phrased words, just pick how your posts are worded and post sensibly in my experience.

• Backroom

I still think it's irelevent now Liverpool have come in we wouldn't have got him if we wanted unless we paid silly money at the start of the window.

Adam will have been tipped off about Liverpool being keen so wouldn't have come anyway.

Nobodies fault it's just the way it is, we move on.

I'd have thought that Formica is more the player to actual play a similar role to Adam CM.

Yep both similar in style.Like i mentioned a few months back Benoit Pedretti at Auxerre is very Similar to Adam and Tugay.But Auxerre would want too much and age is against him now.The likes of Dario Conca would not get a work permit.

Loads of Adam type players in South America,but it's always the work permit problem.

Not fussed about Adam going to Liverpool if the price is getting silly. They are bound to start panic buying given the state their season is in already. Neither us nor Blackpool should be too bothered, they're pretty safe unless they have a spectacular nose dive as are we. Both of us can strengthen in the summer whereas Liverpool have a lot of face saving to be done now.

He'll become a Scott Parker at Chelsea...surrounded by bigger names who get more games despite probably not performing as well.

refreshingly honest interview from kean, he certainly didnt have a problem stating the interest in formica and larsson. Although i laughed a bit, when he stated, that formica was an attacking midfielder/second striker, like batistuta. Batistituta was certainly of the pure striker mould.

Maybe he had heard this (quoted by Sky in the same interview):

"Argentine starlet Formica is among those Blackburn still hope to bring on board, with the exciting Newell's Old Boys forward touted as the new Gabriel Batistuta in his homeland."

Many people have said on here that they would have been happy with Adam as the only piece of business this window. Would have made sense and could have been achieved if we'd moved early enough and decisively.

We would have agreed a fee, Liverpool would have matched it and we would have lost him earlier in the month

Can't see Adam coming to rovers if liverpool wanted him. We should move on now, think we should be looking at Steven Davis of rangers. Probably could get him for 4 to 5 million pounds. Similar type of player to Adam. Good passer of the ball. Did well at Villa before going to fulham then rangers.

Rovers have played the Adam situation perfectly for me, once a price is agreed we’ll take a view and if we match the valuation we’ll try to sell the club to him. Adam will probably choose Liverpool you’d imagine, and we’ll move on to a new target.

We’re active in the market though, so missing out on targets is disappointing, but at least we’re active.

Difficult to understand our strategy here, or seemingly lack of it.

IMO, he would have been ours if we had moved early and decisively with real intent.

There is a clear and definite strategy which has been stated by Nicko on a few occasions. Wait for a fee to be agreed and then see where things are.

You keep saying that like it is a fact when it just isn't. Through all of this Blackpool do not want to sell Adam, furthermore they will hang on until the last second to maximize the potential fee. If we had gone in with an absurdly high amount then maybe we would have had a chance at getting them to agree but he isn't worth that much. To be honest I think £5m is pushing the boundaries. There are a lot of players out there who we can look at who offer better value.

I work on the internet btw.. may I ask where is the standard disclaimer?

Adding a disclaimer stating that the content within the forums is the opionions of the forum users not the opinions of the site owners excludes the site from being taken too court over user writen content... Helped write some for certain large pharma companies for so called chariy sites so I know its pretty easy too do.

This would allow for free posting without constraint.

Unfortunately it is not that easy. I don't want to get into it as this is the Transfer Topic but the owner of a website is responsible for all the content contained within regardless of whom puts it there. E-mail Ste or Glenn about it or start a topic in ask admin.

Lets be honest, there is little or no chance of Charlie Adam coming to us now!

With a £4m bid from Liverpool rejected, we're heading in the direction of figures above what he is worth.

At £6m it might still represent good business but i'm sure Liverpool would be willing to put up £2m more.

In a straight choice between us and Liverpool, i'd be surprised if he chose us.

Time to move on I think (if we haven't already anyway)...

Yep both similar in style.Like i mentioned a few months back Benoit Pedretti at Auxerre is very Similar to Adam and Tugay.But Auxerre would want too much and age is against him now.The likes of Dario Conca would not get a work permit.

Loads of Adam type players in South America,but it's always the work permit problem.

I mentioned Benoit Pedretti at least 3 or 4 times no one seemed interested,he's a far better player than Adam will ever be.5 million bid would surely test Auxerre.

Lets be honest, there is little or no chance of Charlie Adam coming to us now!

With a £4m bid from Liverpool rejected, we're heading in the direction of figures above what he is worth.

At £6m it might still represent good business but i'm sure Liverpool would be willing to put up £2m more.

In a straight choice between us and Liverpool, i'd be surprised if he chose us.

Time to move on I think (if we haven't already anyway)...

I agree with you on this. As you say " time to move on ".

Archived