BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Vs Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really was 3 points dropped against aguably the leagues worst side.....Why were they trying to play it out of defence in those conditions ???

When 1 up Rovers should have put the game to bed ..

My concern is that we should have been 2 or 3 up at that point, they were "For the taking" and the 2nd half start was just a farce.

Is it correct that Greater Manchester Police are studying video evidence inside the ground relating to some coin throwing from the Rovers section?

I also heard that there were 'issues' after the game. Anyone know what happened?

BTW - never been as wet in my life walking back to the pub after the game.

Is it correct that Greater Manchester Police are studying video evidence inside the ground relating to some coin throwing from the Rovers section?

I also heard that there were 'issues' after the game. Anyone know what happened?

Nice try Pete!!!!

Just got home, certainly an eventful trip.

Arrived at our digs around 10:30am, the Macdonald Kihley Court hotel and what a nice place fairplay.

i got hold of the Wigan TO and they said to phone the Rovers TO where I spoke to a lovely lady and explained the situation. She said she would see if there was anything she could do and would give me a ring back in a few minutes.

Ring ring and good news, you can pick up your tickets from the marquee at the DW. Whoever that lady is at Rovers, what a star!

Crikey Presty, have you got money to burn or become flush all of a sudden?

Similar happened to me last season before when mine didn't turn up in the post - excellent service

Ah another trademark idiotic post from yourself.

You seem to be as intent on discussing Sam as anyone else is - until you find you can't defend your moronic posts any further.

I didn't go yesterday, I will be going to the Newcastle game though. Is that really relevant to anything? Shall we totally ignore the posts from our American members since they can't go at all?

I was posting ‘idiotic’ and ‘moronic’ posts 10yrs before you came along, and I’ll be posting them 10yrs after you’ve gone also :tu:

The relevance of you attending the games goes towards credibility, I’d take you more seriously if you went once in a while, and whilst you brought up our American posters, I spoke to one recently in the blues bar, you were nowhere to be seen ;)

Crikey Presty, have you got money to burn or become flush all of a sudden?

Similar happened to me last season before when mine didn't turn up in the post - excellent service

I live so far away and can only make a few games a season. So when I come, I've saved for ages and I try to make the most of it.

Home games are better because I've got family living in Blackburn so I can stay with them. I just really fancied Wigan away because I knew we would take a good following and it's nice to visit different stadiums.

Had a really good deal with the hotel, £59 for bed and breakfast. The evening meal and drinks bill I recieved in the morning was a sobering shot though! Fully recommend the hotel, I was taking my lady to her first game and wanted it to be special for her.

Fully recommend the hotel, I was taking my lady to her first game and wanted it to be special for her.

The Mr Romatic I see :wub:

Nice place ( been to a few wedding do's there) just a tad expensive in my book (and not really my cup of tea) and certainly a few steps up from the more traditional fayre for a football fan stop over.

Sounds decent though for the BB deal (for there) - was that for both or pp?

Hope so because as I said earlier, a coin certainly whistled past my ear at one point and could easily have injured the kids in the row in front of me.

Hope so because as I said earlier, a coin certainly whistled past my ear at one point and could easily have injured the kids in the row in front of me.

I saw something landing near the front of the stand that had been lobbed from behind me. It was certainly bigger than a coin, though. Maybe a burger?

There was also nearly a fight near me between a chap berating a young lady for standing up and another chap who wasn't part of the original argument, but who told the first chap to stop whinging.

£59 for the both of us.

The most expensive part of the trip is the fuel costs, a total of £120 there and back.

There was a wedding reception happening Saturday night too. Actually felt sorry for them as it didn't stop raining until morning.

Still, we had a lovely time with the whole experience. Shame about the result but at the end of the day it wasn't half exciting.

I saw something landing near the front of the stand that had been lobbed from behind me. It was certainly bigger than a coin, though. Maybe a burger?

There was also nearly a fight near me between a chap berating a young lady for standing up and another chap who wasn't part of the original argument, but who told the first chap to stop whinging.

Definitely something metal round us. It wasn't big enough to see what exactly as it went past very fast - I heard it before I saw it. It landed and bounced under the hoarding at the edge of the pitch.

Definitely something metal round us. It wasn't big enough to see what exactly as it went past very fast - I heard it before I saw it. It landed and bounced under the hoarding at the edge of the pitch.

Fag lighter hit bloke sat next to my lad and a fag lighter was thrown on the pitch when their goalie slid across the pitch along with umpteen coins.(they would have had to olympic throwing world record holders to hit him). ARE THESE NUMPTY THROWERS TRYING TO GET US DOCKED POINTS OR WHAT?. I drove hahaha and think i was the only sober person in our end .

i saw a lighter being hurled at Mccarthy after he equalised and celebrated. missed by a country mile.

a couple of obvious observations... olsson isnt a left back and roberts, benjani and mame diouf are really poor.. amongst the worst strikers in the league.

i usually attend most away games, but due to other commitments, this was my 1st under steve kean... i know we lost and thats frustrating, but man it was exciting and attacking, and i really enjoyed it. the complete opposite to the dross of away performances under fat sam.

I was posting ‘idiotic’ and ‘moronic’ posts 10yrs before you came along, and I’ll be posting them 10yrs after you’ve gone also :tu:

Yeah yeah we get it, you're our version of John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood, you go to every game; you've named your kids Crompton, Garner and Jack; you bought a blue car and sprayed half of it white; you are covered in BRFCS tattoos and have every match day programme ever released...

You are Rovers greatest fan an better and supporting them than anyone else..

WE GET IT!

Yeah yeah we get it, you're our version of John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood, you go to every game; you've named your kids Crompton, Garner and Jack; you bought a blue car and sprayed half of it white; you are covered in BRFCS tattoos and have every match day programme ever released...

You are Rovers greatest fan an better and supporting them than anyone else..

WE GET IT!

Give it a rest. You've already been banned before on your last account, and are already up to 75% on this one.

Give it a rest. You've already been banned before on your last account, and are already up to 75% on this one.

Eh? Since when has sarcasm gained you a warning?

And you never explained when you gave me two for the same thing, Ricky rightfully gave me a warning for hinting I had a link then a week or so later you banned for for two weeks for "sharing illegal links". I PM'd you and Glenn to ask why and you never replied.

It's hard to play by the rules when you don't know what they are and you don't respond to PMs.

IThere was also nearly a fight near me between a chap berating a young lady for standing up and another chap who wasn't part of the original argument, but who told the first chap to stop whinging.

Standing up through a match is not permitted. I trust the two offenders either saw sense and sat down or were ejected.

Standing up through a match is not permitted. I trust the two offenders either saw sense and sat down or were ejected.

Everyone stood up and the stewards said nothing to anyone around us other than to ask the little lad in front of me not to stand in the aisle for safety reasons. So it would have ben very unfair to eject anyone for standing on this occasion.

Everyone stood up and the stewards said nothing to anyone around us other than to ask the little lad in front of me not to stand in the aisle for safety reasons. So it would have ben very unfair to eject anyone for standing on this occasion.

Unfair gumboots? Bet that little lad didn't think so! I'm sure that he'd only be in the aisle cos he couldn't see for people standing up in front of him. It needs stamping out. Some ignoramus stands up and everybody behind has to do the same.

Archived