SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Good News Thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Congrats Wilky.

And to continue T4E's sharing of good news idea... I got married last Saturday.

Wife looked stunning..... Which was nice.

Congrats mate hope you had a top day?

And to jump on the bandwagon, my Mrs is expecting our firstborn, due May 28th, it's a boy and I can't wait :tu:

Yes, maybe you should. Maybe many members would enjoy congratulating you on your good news. Perhaps everyone should share their positive news, and give others the chance to share in their good feeling. Perhaps it would spread a much stronger feeling of unity amongst the community on here.

Or perhaps there's just too many negative douches around that want to hate on everything and criticise everyone, just for the sake of it. What do you think?

+1 (in old money).

And well done Wilky mate. Hope you're still as pleased after a couple of weeks there during the season. Hope Blue N White doesn't holiday there. He'll be complaining when you give him too much change! :huh::lol:

EDIT: Ricky, you should rename this the "Good News thread"!

I am sorted, and I'm glad now you are too.

I just don't see the point of starting a new thread and telling everyone.

If you really do get a kick out of people congratulating you on a messageboard then so be it. I juist don't see any sense in it that's all. I'm sure the mods won't be too happy if I started a new thread today. I'm over the moon today, managed to get tickets for the Fulham game. Shall I start a new thread, tell everyone how happy I am?

No? Didn't think so.

mate, you sound like you've just been mugged by a bitter single for them...

whoops I missed off the "g" hell mate.. spreading a bit of good positivity every know and again won't do any harm.. if I went into both interviews with how your over reacting id still be on the dole...

its a.forum mate.. for chat and banter... I don't know any of ya's so least I won't take it to heart...

thanks for your feedback tho...

In all honesty and sincerity Wilky, you should be congratulated on not just getting a job, but your desire to get one. With the state of the world just seeing someone that earnestly wanting to work and honest delight in doing so is a fantastic thing to see.

I pray that your enthusiasm does not wilt with the arduous of your labor, and that it blooms to a permanent position which spawns promotion. You have all my honest best wishes.

its only going to last til November as its at haven and seasonal... but, its more experience, something else to add to my C.V and a job.....

some people can't help but knock others down...

maybe he's missing something in his life?

its only going to last til November as its at haven and seasonal... but, its more experience, something else to add to my C.V and a job.....

Well we've had Ofsted in and the school passed the inspection with flying colours and then last night my younger son won the election at his Uni for Student activities rep and is now gainfully employed for the next year following graduation. Add to that a trip to Munich last week to see new little granddaughter who is a little sweetie, and life is going well at the moment. Plenty of times it hasn't recently and it's not all a bed of roses currnetly either because my younger daughter's boyfriend was told he had a new job to go to, moved to Leeds when they assured him that although he hadn't had the contract through there were no problems and he would be starting after the weekend only to be rung on Thursday teatime after he'd paid the deposit and first month's rent on his flat that the job offer was being withdrawn. So he's now in Leeds with no job and in a flat he can't really afford to live in, but hopefully things will improve there soon too. Younger daughter is doing well in her new job at Late Kick off - see her interview with Dickie Bird here http://www.bbc.co.uk/latekickoff/ lots of things to celebrate despite the bad bits

Congrats Wilky.

Congratulations Ricky. That's brilliant news. I hope you have years of happiness.

I am sorted, and I'm glad now you are too.

I just don't see the point of starting a new thread and telling everyone.

If you really do get a kick out of people congratulating you on a messageboard then so be it. I juist don't see any sense in it that's all. I'm sure the mods won't be too happy if I started a new thread today. I'm over the moon today, managed to get tickets for the Fulham game. Shall I start a new thread, tell everyone how happy I am?

No? Didn't think so.

Miserable get. If you have nothing better to post do us all a favour and don't post at all. You never have anything sensible to post anyway.

EDIT

Sigh... There was a time when we didn't have this sort of posters on this site. Those were the days!

Congrats mate hope you had a top day?

And to jump on the bandwagon, my Mrs is expecting our firstborn, due May 28th, it's a boy and I can't wait :tu:

Congratulations mate! My first was born six months agi. Good luck and get as much sleep as you can now because after 28th May you're never going to sleep again!

Thanks for your concern but I am very happy with my life this current moment in time and long may it continue.

I never have once knocked you down so I'd get the facts correct before you blurt out with your accusations. I've said well done to you on getting the job, see no wrong in that, rather my tax go elsewhere than it being wasted on people on the dole.

I just thought it was very odd that you started a new thread because of it.

Try sharing the good news with your family and friends. Maybe that's what you're missing?

Congratulations Rick on the marriage, hope it goes well for you. How was your stag day/night? Went Wigan game if I remember correctly?

Tom, you better get down to that Rovers store pronto tinykit.gif

Congrats Wilky.

Nice one pal, all the best to you and Katie.

Will you be at Fulham tomorrow? Let me know, there's a beer with your name on it.

Thanks for your concern but I am very happy with my life this current moment in time and long may it continue.

I never have once knocked you down so I'd get the facts correct before you blurt out with your accusations. I've said well done to you on getting the job, see no wrong in that, rather my tax go elsewhere than it being wasted on people on the dole.

I just thought it was very odd that you started a new thread because of it.

Try sharing the good news with your family and friends. Maybe that's what you're missing?

Congratulations Rick on the marriage, hope it goes well for you. How was your stag day/night? Went Wigan game if I remember correctly?

Tom, you better get down to that Rovers store pronto tinykit.gif

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WwbwZFLxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Congratulations to Wilky. And Ricky. And TCO. Bloody hell, who knew there were so many happy Rovers fans.

Continuing the good news, my US Green Card was approved today. It's surprisingly not green at all.

u off to the US then?

they way some members behave is like old people... getting in a grumpy over someone else having a happy day...

u off to the US then?

they way some members behave is like old people... getting in a grumpy over someone else having a happy day...

Ageist! It's not old people who are grumpy - I know, because I am one. It's those who let themselves see only the black side of things and never the silver lining. We've had an awful year in lots of ways but like most people's lives, there's been a lot of good stuff in there too, and you have to hold onto and enjoy the good bits and be prepared to enjoy other's success too or life would just get you down too much. You go and enjoy your job. Every job you do well means that you are one step closer to getting the job that you really want rather than one that will do for now. The saying "you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince" applies to the job market too, especially in this day and age.

That's good, Paul. Enjoy.

Good news: There's a nice new car on our drive.

Bad news: It belongs to JJ; and when your son has a better car than you do it's rather worrying ... ;)

Good news: He does deserve it, he's worked and saved very hard for it, well done, son.

That's good, Paul. Enjoy.

Good news: There's a nice new car on our drive.

Bad news: It belongs to JJ; and when your son has a better car than you do it's rather worrying ... ;)

Good news: He does deserve it, he's worked and saved very hard for it, well done, son.

It's not worrying: it's a credit to you as parents. My elder daughter's business is doing well and they're making almost too much profit, but they work very hard at it.

My elder son travels all over Korea and seems to have a very nice life style, and my younger daughter is doing well at the BBC. If your kids do well it's often because you've given them a good start and whilst it's a bit annoying sometimes it's also great.

BTW I think we should have smuggled Em in to interview SK. The first manager she interviewed was Sammy Lee at Bolton - gone within weeks. She interviewed Sven and shortly afterwards he left City. Can't remember who the next one was she saw off, but on Saturday she spent the day with Ian Baraclough at Scunthorpe and today he's gone.

Get her in there quick, gumboots.

What I meant was, it's worrying in the terms of making one feel ancient and past it, rather like our cars haha - we are of course very proud of him and his achievements!

Archived