BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Good News Thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Congrats Wilky, Ricky, and TCO. Amazing news. Nothing like a bit of positivity.

It's getting warmer, summer's round the corner, and that thought makes me very happy indeed.

Thanks bud, can't wait, 10 weeks and counting!

Even better news - part of Em's interview with Ian Baraclough will be used on Football Focus this weekend. It's sad because she said he was a lovely guy, but great for her that her work will be aired, however briefly, on a national tv channel.

:) That's good, Paul. Enjoy. - Ill try, I promise I'll try..............

Dual-Bike-1mir-1024x800.jpg

That is a thing of beauty Paul, I hope you enjoy it. I'm sure you will. That saddle looks like a bit of a rascal though.

Cheers

Colin

• 6 months later...

Midst all the doom and gloom around Rovers, one piece of good news, not Rovers related unfortunately is that my daughter has got a 2 year contract with the BBC at Salford.

Congratulations to your daughter - now can you get her to interview Kean -_-

Midst all the doom and gloom around Rovers, one piece of good news, not Rovers related unfortunately is that my daughter has got a 2 year contract with the BBC at Salford.

Congrats to Miss Gumboots.

My turn - my first child is due on the 23rd February next year - and its a boy :tu::rover:

Jesus Mary and Joseph! well done son, many congrats. Your life will soon no longer be your own!

But it will all be worth it even if for large parts of your life you wonder if it really is. Congrats on your good news and hope all goes well for you all.

• Backroom

Congrats to Miss Gumboots.

My turn - my first child is due on the 23rd February next year - and its a boy :tu::rover:

Congrats dude, mine is 4 months now and every day is great, was tough being away from him last week.

Tom is a nice name!

Would be great to escape this rat race. An ex of mine has a little restaurant in the south of France, she wants me to join her there. Different way of life but really want to go. Good job here but I hate it, think I'll go and have a look first.

Sounds messy, AS. It probably seems a very romantic notion. You do right to dip your toe in (metaphorically speaking!)

And congrats T4E. Your world is about to change - but only for the better. Forget BRFCS, this puts EVERYTHING into context!!

Just spotted this topic and thought I would give it a go.

I recently became a fully qualified Accountant, ACCA for those who have an idea about these things, after picking up my studies having not done any for about 5 years before this stint due to changing job and kids.

The satisfaction/joy/relief that came over me when I get the results through was up there when my kids where born, truly, after the hard work and sacrifices that my family and I had made over the last two years to get me through these exams.

The downside is my wife thinks I should now be able to sort myself out within the next couple of years with a job that means she doesn'y have to work! :unsure:

I implore anybody that has the option of completing professional studies whilst working that you should do it, all the hard work will be well worth it.

Just spotted this topic and thought I would give it a go.

I recently became a fully qualified Accountant, ACCA for those who have an idea about these things, after picking up my studies having not done any for about 5 years before this stint due to changing job and kids.

The satisfaction/joy/relief that came over me when I get the results through was up there when my kids where born, truly, after the hard work and sacrifices that my family and I had made over the last two years to get me through these exams.

The downside is my wife thinks I should now be able to sort myself out within the next couple of years with a job that means she doesn'y have to work! :unsure:

I implore anybody that has the option of completing professional studies whilst working that you should do it, all the hard work will be well worth it.

Congrats and well done to you and those who have supported you through this.

Oh well, if we've got an alternative to the usual doom & gloom then how about this:

GCSE

"B" in Art

"A" in Textiles; German; Religious Studies; & English

"A*" in Geography; Latin; English Literature: Mathematics:& Physics

That's my daughter.

Can you guess how chuffed I am on a scale of 1 - 10?

You could say that! It's interesting as people like yourself, Bellamy11, cn174, tcj_jones, tchocky, Shevchenko and many others are people I have known on a personal level through this website since my late teens/early twenties, it's strange to see us all growing up. Always amazes me when bellamy11 says he's getting off to talk to some enormous worldwide conglomerate at a conference in New York or Chicago etc. But in a good way.

In all honesty I feel like I'm managing to take most of it in my stride. In the last 4 months we've found out about the baby etc, I've started a new contract work wise which I have a minimum of an hour commute to each morning, and bought a new house - it's meant I've hardly had time to think about it all and let it get on top of me. My plan is to just keep ploughing on and hope that it doesn't all hit me one day soon causing a huge breakdown. So far so good :tu:

You could say that! It's interesting as people like yourself, Bellamy11, cn174, tcj_jones, tchocky, Shevchenko and many others are people I have known on a personal level through this website since my late teens/early twenties, it's strange to see us all growing up. Always amazes me when bellamy11 says he's getting off to talk to some enormous worldwide conglomerate at a conference in New York or Chicago etc. But in a good way.

In all honesty I feel like I'm managing to take most of it in my stride. In the last 4 months we've found out about the baby etc, I've started a new contract work wise which I have a minimum of an hour commute to each morning, and bought a new house - it's meant I've hardly had time to think about it all and let it get on top of me. My plan is to just keep ploughing on and hope that it doesn't all hit me one day soon causing a huge breakdown. So far so good :tu:

Great stuff. My first is due in 5 weeks :-o

I took the route you are trying to avoid, 7 weeks ago the company I work for went into consultation and we all face being made redundant, I dont get a payout either :-(

So I just went on a spending spree and have now got everything we need, moving into a more affordable house and busting a gut looking for new work.

Best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy, it will fly by.

Great stuff. My first is due in 5 weeks :-o

I took the route you are trying to avoid, 7 weeks ago the company I work for went into consultation and we all face being made redundant, I dont get a payout either :-(

So I just went on a spending spree and have now got everything we need, moving into a more affordable house and busting a gut looking for new work.

Best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy, it will fly by.

I think that would have sent me round the bend, sounds like you've coped well.

I've still got loads to buy but taking it bit by bit as our new house is our first place together so having to buy all of the furniture etc for that too, which is proving pretty expensive.

Good luck with the job hunt, hope to see a post from you in this thread soon with some good news :tu:

Oh well, if we've got an alternative to the usual doom & gloom then how about this:

GCSE

"B" in Art

"A" in Textiles; German; Religious Studies; & English

"A*" in Geography; Latin; English Literature: Mathematics:& Physics

That's my daughter.

Can you guess how chuffed I am on a scale of 1 - 10?

Well I'd guess very and rightly so. It's always great when you see signs that all tthat hard work you put into being a parent (and of course the hard work the kids put in too)is paying off in the success your kids are enjoying.

Archived