BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who takes responsibility?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I blame Kean more.

He took advantage of their naivety to get the job. He fed their delusions that £5 million per season could crack the top six. No doubt he doesn't believe it himself, but he wouldn't have the job if he didn't say it.

Venky's are obviously clueless but their intentions are good. They want us to be successful, they wanted a manager who would play better football. They've ballsed up trying to achieve both of those, but Kean has been vindictive and calculating in pushing himself into a job he's not capable of at the expense of the club.

I speculate whether Kean would have been up to playing such a prominent role or whether there might have been somebody behind him sugeesting a certain course of action, whilst also having the owners' ears.

Everybody seems to be talking as if they know exactly what advice was given to the owners? Do we? If Nicko is correct Anderson actually advised against sacking Sam at the time.

If this is true, would this not demonstrate Venky's acting against advice given?

The buck stops with them. End of.

Dunno the validity behind that claim but I'd need some major convincing that SEM weren't behind the hiring of Steve Kean, one of their clients and it's just a coincidence.

Everybody seems to be talking as if they know exactly what advice was given to the owners? Do we? If Nicko is correct Anderson actually advised against sacking Sam at the time.

If this is true, would this not demonstrate Venky's acting against advice given?

I'm not sure we can put too much credence in this. All the time Nicko was suggesting the supporters "should enjoy it while they can," and including put downs aimed at the doubters in every other post, one would have to ask who was providing the information? Now there are no positive headlines he is nowhere to be seen. If there is one person who had the inside track on the developing situation at Ewood, and could have reported the real story, it is/was Alan Nixon. If his information is/was as good as he claims why not write the bigger story but instead he stuck to transfer gossip? Of course that story could only be written once whereas a source for transfer news goes on for ever and a day..................

I'm not sure we can put too much credence in this. All the time Nicko was suggesting the supporters "should enjoy it while they can," and including put downs aimed at the doubters in every other post, one would have to ask who was providing the information? Now there are no positive headlines he is nowhere to be seen. If there is one person who had the inside track on the developing situation at Ewood, and could have reported the real story, it is/was Alan Nixon. If his information is/was as good as he claims why not write the bigger story but instead he stuck to transfer gossip? Of course that story could only be written once whereas a source for transfer news goes on for ever and a day..................

One thing is for sure, he seems reluctant to explain anything on here of the current situation, strange, he disappeared around the same time as that bloke Ms Desai allegedly dumped who was their football source/advisor.

See he's earning his corn still following loan deals between Bolton and Preston.

One thing is for sure, he seems reluctant to explain anything on here of the current situation, strange, he disappeared around the same time as that bloke Ms Desai allegedly dumped who was their football source/advisor.

See he's earning his corn still following loan deals between Bolton and Preston.

Nicko:

Last Active: Feb 22 2011 16:10 PM

Guest linganzi

its become clear that nicko is a bottom feeder using the forums info to pad out his rumours. fair enough

I wonder why he was so kean (see) to put his media support behind the manager? then disappear when the going got rough, and ill wager not giving great advice

everybody plays a part in some responsibility

kean- well he is the manager, ouut of his depth? hoodwinked desai into keeping him for now? not motivating the players, tactical stupidity, naivity

the players, some more than others, samba, shambolic, ultimately the players are our last line

the fans? well we are 'fans' of brfc, get behind them through thick and thin, and the andrews booing? its irresponsible, yes he is turd but its counterproductive as protestation tends to be

team venky, well totally naive, underestimating whats required, not accounting for all posibilities? well meaning but ultimately naive in trusting the ultimate villian.....

jerome anderson, sem et al. a stooge manager, stooge players formica rochina etc the manager never saw, no doubt all contributes to his income is he still emplyed by us? no doubt expensive in its self

Ultimately I partition the blame to the former owners of the club, it was them who sold Rovers to Venkys.

It was THEM who started this whole sorry situation off by selling us to the most unprepared and unsuitable candidate to take on the role as an owner of a fully fledged and stable Premier League football club.

C'mon sysagent thats a bit unfair .... It's difficult to call the people who got us up out of the Championship to the Prem, won us the Worthy Cup, took us to a number of semi finals against big 4 clubs, took us to a number of very memorable european destinations, saw us do two league doubles and a cup win against our deadliest enemies and kept us in the Prem with relative ease and little fuss for a decade.

imo everything nicko has said since Jerome Anderson became involved should be taken with a large pinch of salt. <_<

Sorry if that might upset a few nickoteenies .... ^_^

imo everything nicko has said since Jerome Anderson became involved should be taken with a large pinch of salt. <_<

Sorry if that might upset a few nickoteenies .... ^_^

Be carefulwhat you say ... I seem to remember him saying he could do with a new house extension. (He once sued someone and the award went towards a conservatory, I think).

Last thing I read from him on here was something about Andrews only being played in away games (his story in the 'paper), and then when someone criticised Kean for it, Nicko said it wasn't his (Kean's) decision. Or something similarly garbled.

I also totally agree with Paul, in that Nicko was positive about the Kentaro involvement in the takeover because it would lead to a rash of transfer tittle-tattle to fill column inches.

PS: Very amusing that he hasn't been on for a few weeks.

Some have questioned the involvement of large sums of money, foreign ownership in the PL and the motivation of all forms of media for several years.

It's to be hoped recent events will stimulate more football fans to question the headlines pushed at them from every direction.

I find it strange that Ms. Desai and her 2 brothers were in London on Saturday but didn't go to the game according to reports!
I would suggest one of two reasons; they had prior engagements which pre-dated the Rovers purchase or there is/was concern as to the reaction their presence might provoke. IMO it's unlikely we will see the Raos at a Rovers match, home or away, until the relegation issue is solved - one way or another.

Nicko:

Last Active: Feb 22 2011 16:10 PM

Maybe there are personal reasons for not being on the messageboard, totally unrelated to football as a whole. Its called having a life outside of the job. We do not know why he hasn't been on here, so until we do it is maybe unfair to speculate the reason. His absence and the Rovers situation and maybe things in his personal life, may have all come up together. We just have to wait and see.

C'mon sysagent thats a bit unfair .... It's difficult to call the people who got us up out of the Championship to the Prem, won us the Worthy Cup, took us to a number of semi finals against big 4 clubs, took us to a number of very memorable european destinations, saw us do two league doubles and a cup win against our deadliest enemies and kept us in the Prem with relative ease and little fuss for a decade.

Of which I am eternally thankful for...

This further compounds the blame for me though, imagine what we could have carried on achieving under the auspices of Sam Allardyce, John Williams and some minor continued investment from the trust.

I wasn't after tens of millions in investment, that would have been a ridiculous expectation in these turbulent financial times, but on the other hand I didn't expect members of Walker Trust to sanction and authorise the sale of the club, to a collective who couldn't be more unprepared, unknowledgeable and so far removed from the basic requirements necessary to carry on the standard of work in maintaining a club like Blackburn Rovers.

Of which I am eternally thankful for...

This further compounds the blame for me though, imagine what we could have carried on achieving under the auspices of Sam Allardyce, John Williams and some minor continued investment from the trust.

I wasn't after tens of millions in investment, that would have been a ridiculous expectation in these turbulent financial times, but on the other hand I didn't expect members of Walker Trust to sanction and authorise the sale of the club, to a collective who couldn't be more unprepared, unknowledgeable and so far removed from the basic requirements necessary to carry on the standard of work in maintaining a club like Blackburn Rovers.

Saurin Shah.... Saed.... Venkeys.... Do you think any of these know what is required to run a Premier League club? Problem is nobody else was interested in buying an unfashioable club that simply could not turn a reasonable profit and the only people who were can best described as gullible. Others might prefer to sustitute gullible with foolish / inexperienced / unprepared / star struck even.

Ever considered sysagent that if BRFC was a viable and profitable business and not the poisoned chalice that it is there would have been a queue of people with bulging wallets right along Nuttall Street as soon as it was put on the market in 2007? In fact disregard that cos if that had been the case the Walker's would never have considered selling the club!

Truth is Premier League ownership is not now a millionaires plaything it is a billionaires one. The Walkers had no doubt got to the end of their tether in that respect and could see the writing on the wall. Trying to keep Blackburn in the Prem is ulimately like flogging a dead horse and paying massively for thr privelige. The irony is that we expect someone else to subsidise our club massively yet if we were asked to pay the going rate again in admission prices Ewood Park would be half empty.*

*btw Just to dampen spirits even more, if our admission / ST prices are not increased significantly I'll be very suprised... whatever division we kick off next season in. :unsure:

Saurin Shah.... Saed.... Venkeys.... Do you think any of these know what is required to run a Premier League club? Problem is nobody else was interested in buying an unfashioable club that simply could not turn a reasonable profit and the only people who were can best described as gullible. Others might prefer to sustitute gullible with foolish / inexperienced / unprepared / star struck even.

Ever considered sysagent that if BRFC was a viable and profitable business and not the poisoned chalice that it is there would have been a queue of people with bulging wallets right along Nuttall Street? In fact disregard that cos if that had been the case the Walker's would never have considered selling the club! Truth is Premier League ownership is not now a millionaires plaything it is a billionaires one. The Walkers had no doubt got to the end of their tether in that respect.

There you go again :unsure:

speaking the truth, no wonder you get a slating at times

:lol:

Maybe there are personal reasons for not being on the messageboard, totally unrelated to football as a whole. Its called having a life outside of the job. We do not know why he hasn't been on here, so until we do it is maybe unfair to speculate the reason. His absence and the Rovers situation and maybe things in his personal life, may have all come up together. We just have to wait and see.

He's stil writing articles for the Mirror

Thing is theno, with a management structure of Allardce up to Williams, an Academy that is/was finally bearing fruit, plus the very competitive wages that we pay, we were holding our own in the PL without any capital being pumped in from the Trust post 2007.

Though obviously not profitable, the club was not the financial black hole that is widely stated, . A little extra for player purchases would have been all that was required to maintain that stability medium/long term.

Thing is theno, with a management structure of Allardce up to Williams, an Academy that is/was finally bearing fruit, plus the very competitive wages that we pay, we were holding our own in the PL without any capital being pumped in from the Trust post 2007.

Though obviously not profitable, the club was not the financial black hole that is widely stated, . A little extra for player purchases would have been all that was required to maintain that stability medium/long term.

Circa £50m wrapped up in a non profitable business and frequent loss making one is not many peoples idea of a sound investment I'm sure. There must be some reason why we were on the market for 3 years with not a serious sniff of interest from anybody with out about em.

Archived